Stop the insanity...

QuiBono?

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
188 is now commendable for a welterweight? This is pathetic. Make fighters weigh in 3 hours before their fight, period. You miss, you lose half your purse. The result would be everyone would basically move up a weight class and the ridiculous (and dangerous) dehydrate/rehydrate games would end. It’s no longer who’s the best fighter. Now it’s who’s best at the weight cut game.

188 is now commendable for a welterweight? This is pathetic. Make fighters weigh in 3 hours before their fight, period. You miss, you lose half your purse. The result would be everyone would basically move up a weight class and the ridiculous (and dangerous) dehydrate/rehydrate games would end. It’s no longer who’s the best fighter. Now it’s who’s best at the weight cut game.

Till should be forced to go up weightclass after this fight.

Yes. This shit is embarrassing for the sport. I was trying to explain the 188 thing to a casual when we’re talking about the UFC yesterday. The reaction of someone like him who isn’t already used to this kindly bullshit was very telling.

Honestly, a lot if if not most welterweights are a 180+ come fight night. I'm sure Wonderboy is around 185 at least.

I hate...

...titles like this.

Who said it's commendable?

I guess to be more accurate, the fact that it is not being universally condemned as unacceptable makes it seems like he’s being applauded for making a weight that’s 17 lbs over the limit. He shouldn’t even be allowed to fight and should maybe even be cut from the UFC. If the UFC considers itself to be the premier fight org, then send a message, cut a guy for this unprofessional behavior and let them work their way back through Bellator or some other org.

If they want to add hydration standards so be it. But if someone figures out how to game that system, we need to quit bitching about it. People are always going to look for an edge. IMO if you can successfully cut the weight and still perform, more power to you.

If they want to add hydration standards so be it. But if someone figures out how to game that system, we need to quit bitching about it. People are always going to look for an edge. IMO if you can successfully cut the weight and still perform, more power to you.
problem is weight cuts impact fighter safety, reduce training and give us worse fights. Lose/lose/lose. But because most do it pretty much all must do it.

Ya I completely agree with you, but the big questions is if. There seems to be a lot of weight misses recently where the person who misses weight goes on to win

Yes. This shit is embarrassing for the sport. I was trying to explain the 188 thing to a casual when we’re talking about the UFC yesterday. The reaction of someone like him who isn’t already used to this kindly bullshit was very telling.

Wtf you tried to explain to a casual? You should have just spat on that scumbag instead.

One's weight system is better and One's judging system is better.

Both would reduce UFCs problems.

Both wont be implemented because the UFC is too egotistical to say another promotion got it right. They'd have to spin it like it was their idea first.

Back