Stopping the Belly Down, Tripod, and Stand up?

If you have a good cross-face it should prevent the initiation of turning into you to a large degree.

Lets say you don't have the cross-face and he starts to turn, you can easy transition to the other side then kimura grip the nearside arm, or grab the far sleeve to stop him from turning to his knees:

If you still can't stop it and he tripods then the video from Tekkenfan is pretty awesome.

Should mostly cover it.

the hard part after breaking guys down from trying to tripod is putting them on there back to have side control man tbh i dont even remember the last time i saw a guy holding someone in side control to hunt for subs shows guys are so good at belly down to escape.

we need to come up with more creative technical ways to putting guys on there back bjj subs dont need to evolve the top control pinning strats do people keep trying to make up new guards ect but thats the wrong direction for jiu jitsu for fighting being on top is more of where it needs to be

You need to drill all of your trutle top attacks, and back takes. Front headlock trips and sweeps, and when all else fails just re-shoot as he stands.

As mat wrestling gets more and more studied and bjj people get over their attitude that bjj is automatically more “complete” because you can go to to your back, riding and keeping people on the ground will get better

I find bjj rules by nature don't teach very effectively on keeping people from going to the feet (since the rules force the standing player to engage the grounded player).

I personally don't fight the stand up very hard, instead I prepare my attacks from the turtle or tripod position. For example perfect the guillotine and people shy away from this tripod strategy (assuming I understand what the Uke is doing correctly).

So basically I have this one training partner who was an ok wrestler in high school. He’s not very good at pure bjj yet but he is about 20 lbs bigger and stronger than me.

Everytime I have him in side control he turns into me, goes belly down, tripods, and stands up. From there it’s very hard to keep control for me, he basically just fights hands or granbys and escapes.

The only option I have to counter this is when I begin to feel him turning into me and giving up his back, I give him my leg and allow him to get half guard.

If anyone is unclear I can explain it better. But this is a no-gi with a lot of wrestling for mma context. So we are always just standing and scrambling up. I’m usually pretty good at top control but the extra 20lbs of weight and strength makes it a lot easier for him to get away with giving up his back and standing

Depends what you're good at. Maybe a simpler solution is to go to the front headlock and work that. Or,

use wrestling ride/truck.

So instead of getting the typical seatbelt , in one fluid motion:

1, turn to face his ass and put your weight on the small of his back. (Ribcage to small of back)
2, seat belt grip around his far leg, high in the crotch. (I actually use a kimura grip because they can roll into a triangle if you're not quick. The hand hooking the thigh converts to a post if they roll so you can keep your head clear of the triangle and go back to side control)

Once you have that weird high crotch, grapevine his leg and drag him down. Even if you have to put all your weight on his grapevined leg.

If he rolls, he rolls into the truck. Yay for you. You can now do banana splits or crotch rippers....or just take the back. If he falls back down to his knees, you can calf crank, pull him into the truck, roll over into the truck, or just transition to traditional seat belt grip with both hooks.

I love the truck as a back attack because it gives more options than standard back control. So anytime someone turtles, I'm going straight to the truck.

Just watch out for that rolling triangle and be ready for the roll.

Back