Stories where you made a comeback to the ring

Kenjamito

Freakin Covid
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey All - Just wanted to read some of your motivating stories where you were sidelined from your training due to health or a life issue and made it back to compete again once more. Been feeling a little out of sorts about my own situation and I know the Sherdog community has fighters who have overcome a lot so I thought it would be inspiring to read what some of you have been through.

Happy training!!!

I got my prime 26 - 31 ruined by getting ankylosing spondylitis. I was in great pain and with no mobility. I could not kick higher then to a knee.

I took forever to get myself to a doctor. And they said that i could never do martial arts again. Put they also said that no training could make me worse.

So i said fuck em. And went back to Thailand for the first time in 7 years. Trained muay thai with the body of a 70 year old bum.

Got back to norway and felt a bit better for the first time in years. So i just kept training like a mad man. Ignored the pain. Or used it as motivation on the worst days.

Two years later i won a muay thai fight in Thailand by tko.

Went back two years after that and took another fight. Another ko. That was my last fight in 2013.

Hey All - Just wanted to read some of your motivating stories where you were sidelined from your training due to health or a life issue and made it back to compete again once more. Been feeling a little out of sorts about my own situation and I know the Sherdog community has fighters who have overcome a lot so I thought it would be inspiring to read what some of you have been through.

Happy training!!!

I been through a lot.

first was my own mental block after loosing my first fight. Cus D'Amato helped me overcome that mental block. Obviously not in person, but reading and studying about Cus helped me.

I also had multiple injuries that sidelined me for a while, either no fighting, or no training all together. Sometimes I thought to myself it was over and got really down, but eventually made my way back. If you cannot train, rest as long as needed, and then ease your way back in. If you can train, but cannot fight, just keep training eventually you will be able to fight again.

I got sidelined for a few years when I was going through some rough years with my kids medical issues. Was on hiatus for about 3 yeats

Once those issues where manageable I got back to work. But starting hitting the rough a few months in. To make a long story short I went through a nasty divorce, my car completely shit on me and then a few weeks later I got knocked out cold in 15 seconds into the first round of my come back fight.

Needless to say I was crushed and thought about hanging the gloves up. But got back to the gym the very next week and about six months later I won my next fight by submisson and then won my next fight after that 2 weeks later by submisson as well.

Just keep putting in work, it will pay off.

Back