Strange things that have happened at concerts?

Carl Sonnen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking about Chris Cornell and how he killed himself the other day while I was listening to some Soundgarden. I briefly wondered how someone so talented and rich could kill themselves and then I remembered something that happened when I saw Soundgarden in concert back in 1992 at Lollapalooza. I had pretty good seats for the main stage, which were not too far above the mosh pit.

During Soundgarden's set, Cornell pulled out a large wooden staff with a goat's skull on the top of it. He held it in his hand and pointed it at the crowd in the pit and told them to bow down to Satan. All of them did except one and it didn't take him too much prodding. The one guy wouldn't bow though. Chris barked at him a few times and he finally did conform to the peer pressure and bow down to Satan. After thinking about his suicide, I wondered if the two events were connected. Like maybe he sold his soul to the devil to be a rock star or something, lol.

That has to be my strangest concert recollection ever. Lollapalooza was a very action packed venue in the early days especially. That same concert had Eddie Vedder climbing up the set facade and almost falling into the crowd as well during Pearl Jam's set. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were dressed up in costumes and they did a big dance routine like they did at the awards ceremony that year. Fun concert, but weird. What was your strangest concert occurrence?

One thing that doesn't surprise me is the fact any of these grunge guys off themselves... I mean just listen to his lyrics.

Money isn't everything, at all.

On topic i highly recommend Sound Gardens last album King Animal.

The first 4 songs straight suck, listen to the last part of that album there is some really incredible shit

This isn't anything to do with a band or set, was at a Chili Peppers show, and separated from my friends, so I'm alone in a packed crowd, I was a pretty shy and skinny ''kid'', so I still don't know how I ended up with a fat chick on my shoulders, don't remember anything about the "incident" other than she had a big flowery skirt and I remember thinking as she moved to the beat , this chick is too heavy, and I think I had to tell her to come down after just one song. <45>

Last edited:
If getting in a fight at a Pantera concert is strange, than that's the strangest thing that ever happened to me at a concert.

A noise band named Hanatarash once ended a gig by driving a bulldozer through the wall of the venue and attempting to destroy the building.

I was at a Grateful Dead show when they began covering a song I hate, Harry Belafonte's Women are Smarter. I started making up silly lyrics and singing em.
*punch!*
A chick behind me punched me in the arm. I ignored her glare and enjoyed the show.

After, it happened that we had parked very close and started talking. She'd hit me because she likes the song... a year later we were married.

I was at a Grateful Dead show when they began covering a song I hate, Harry Belafonte's Women are Smarter. I started making up silly lyrics and singing em.
*punch!*
A chick behind me punched me in the arm. I ignored her glare and enjoyed the show.

After, it happened that we had parked very close and started talking. She'd hit me because she likes the song... a year later we were married.
so my reply to the thread 3 posts back,....that was my wife?.... <DCWhoa>

I was at a King Crimson show digging the set, when one of about twenty girls in the crowd stood right in front of me.
I was paying attention to the show. She stood looking up at me, talking.

My buddy was astounded because she was hot and I basically ignored her.

She was someone I'd dated half way around the world and it didn't end well, although she appeared to have forgotten. I hadn't. Eventually she went away.

My fat wife and her skirts.
And yes, she was heavy af
it was so long ago, I really only remember the basics as they were at the time, I was very tall and a skinny 160/170 and still a decade away from having lifting as one of my a hobbies, she may have actually been a little plump/chubby or thicc by todays fat standards, more I think of it, I may have missed a trick here. <{chips}> <{coachie}>

Guitar Wolf, recurrent stage banter about 'your grandfather like apple' that had everyone scratching their heads and pulling an audience member from the crowd to play guitar only to have that guy not wanting to give the instrument back. One of the most fun concerts ever.

Also Wednesday 13 jumping into the crowd to assault a heckler and being cheered as the unconscious guy was carried out. "Don't thing that just cause we wear make-up that we won't kick your ass."

Back