Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

milliniar

Who needs a belt?
@Steel
Reaction score

Time for v2 of the thread.
If your not done watch be careful as the standard time for spoiler tags has past.

Last edited:
This season had me along for the ride at the beginning of the VERY first episode. I usually HATE kid actors, but my god do they shine in this show. I really didn't think that this show could live up to the original season, but by God was I pleasantly surprised. Fucking Steve man..... Always rooting for that guy... Hopper and El's relationship, MadMax intro and her relationship developing with the team, Joyce's ongoing struggle, the conspiracy theory guy, FUCKING SEAN ASTIN AND PAUL REISER (I didnt know they joined the cast!), I loved it all. I loved hating the SUPER douchey brother, but man, I can relate to almost ALL of this stuff having grown up in the 80's, and just how the culture was different.

I think they developed what they needed to in order to setup season 3 and in order to leave more progression available for other characters as well. I saw poor Bob's death coming, someone needed to die to keep that tug at your heart strings, but I was cheering for Rudy the entire time. He was a nice quirk this season though. Lol, Radio Shack was the shit as well back in the day...

The absolute MOST overused line from ANY reviewer now on pretty much any forum (since we are all Siskel and Eberts) is "That's lazy writing". That is WAY over played unless your talking about Walking Dead.... :p

Just because you saw something coming, they didn't develop a character the way you would have liked, someone you thought was pivotal to the plot didn't just get eaten and shock you, an episode was created away from the main story to develop something for future episodes but played no bearing in the current season, "nothing happened" in 9 episodes, 20 people with assault rifles can shoot 376 windows but not 4 people standing still in front of them 20 feet away, etc, doesn't always mean it's "lazy writing". Ok, so maybe that last one does...

I am bouncing from an 8 to a 9 out of 10 on this season. Fuck, probably a 9/10. Wife and I LOVED it. Lots of heart string tugging this season.

Sorry for that long jumbled mess. Lazy writing on my part....

looks wholesome enough

0d76ed009bae10f4aa6c80cefb644a0c

Dude looks like a light haired Morbius

This is by far Netflix's biggest hit by a landslide, so they're likely going to milk it as much as they can.

It's going to get stale quick if they keep doing the kids vs. Upside Down World creatures/evil government. The one time they tried to branch out the universe by having more people with special abilities like Eleven's "sister" with her gang was the shittiest part of the Second Season and I assume that will be one of the main focuses of Season 3.

You don't want too much of a good thing. Two seasons of this show were fine, everything moving forward will be a little overkill imo.

I was thinking they should explore other people and the governments fucking with them in upcoming seasons and maybe go back to the kids in a later season just to keep it fresh

i read somewhere online a fan theory and it was pretty interesting considering the duffer brothers are fans of stephen king - bob may be a potential survivor of pennywise the clown...

1. he kept mentioning that they should move back to maine where his parents are
2. he was tormented by a clown when he was younger and stood his ground and told the clown to leave him alone.

interesting but probably just a theory.

i read somewhere online a fan theory and it was pretty interesting considering the duffer brothers are fans of stephen king - bob may be a potential survivor of pennywise the clown...

2. he was tormented by a clown when he was younger and stood his ground and told the clown to leave him alone.

I thought the exact same thing while watching it. It was a pretty cool nod if nothing else.

Definitely a cool nod.

I just finished the second season and can still say it's my favorite Netflix original by far.

Episode six had the definite Aliens vibe going with the tunnels, motion tracker, helmet cams, etc. Really thought it was a cool reference.

I'm gonna go with that, just to give poor Bob some substance.

Damn, Bob got screwed hard. And as a result of that, so did Joyce.

Bob seemed too nice to be true by accepting all this crazy stuff, I expected that they were going to reveal him to be some undercover agent.

i also didn’t hate episode 7, but figured that most people would. some parts were definitely corny, & most of the characters in that crew aren’t likable at all, but it seemed obvious that it was setting up developments for later seasons.

one of my biggest gripes of s2 was the shipping of nancy & jonathan. it was the cliched route to take (outsider “loser” gets the pretty girl) when in s1 they subverted the “asshole popular boyfriend” cliche by giving redeemable qualities to my boy Steve.
steve was going to die but since he (the actor) was so damn good they kept him alive

hes lucky to have got the nance poon

season one 10/10

season two 9/10

steve was going to die but since he (the actor) was so damn good they kept him alive

hes lucky to have got the nance poon
Steve can have whatever poon he wants. Steve should be drowning in poon now that he is single.

i thought Steve was gonna lay the smack down on that douche jabroni.

oh well, maybe next time.

lol @ complaining about setting up intrigue for future seasons and expanding the mythology. Did it really fly that far over your head that was the purpose of the L sister storyline that you are complaining the sister had no part in the finale and thats part of this "scathing review"? Cmon now lol whats funny is your complaint is we were led to believe she would play a part, but I think you're only speaking for yourself. It seemed clear to me they were expanding the mythology since future seasons are confirmed.
The entire season opens with a scene of this new girl, along with several more references to her throughout the season. Yet, none of the scenes or references end up meaning anything within the season. It's just shitty writing, and nearly everyone has complained about episode 7.

The entire season opens with a scene of this new girl, along with several more references to her throughout the season. Yet, none of the scenes or references end up meaning anything within the season. It's just shitty writing, and nearly everyone has complained about episode 7.
They're complaining about episode 7 cause its generic as fuck and feels like wanna be X-Men. You are the only person i've seen so far who felt so strongly the sister had to play a part in the finale you are mad about it. Its not unusual for a show like this to expand the mythology during the season so while viewers wait for s3 they can speculate how that will continue. There are more seasons confirmed, not every single thing needs an immediate payoff, and it honestly seemed pretty clear to me that was the purpose.

really? steves dope and all but hes not a fighter

billy was three weight classes above him and fully pumped from seeing mikes mom scantily dressed

I knew he was going to get beatdown but that new guy was like prince in the dave chappele comedy skit, dude's like a gay yet tough guy Jared Leto hahaha

Back