Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

Honestly thought season 2 sucked. 6/10.

It's just the nostalgia factor of the setting that makes people like it. Season 1 was much better but even that was a 7.5/10 for me.

Well, my grief is that unless s3 takes a radical u-turn it's gonna be the same crap all over again. The tentacle/spider creature from the upside down will try to come to earth from the upside down, creepy shit will ensue, 80's refferences left and right, one of the kids will get involved with the monster somehow(probably the kid that got possessed, again)," oh no, the world is about to end, what will we do????" cue Eleven mean mugging the big bad while swatting the monster henchmen like they're fucking roaches and destorying the main monster, s4 set up/teaser and roll credits.There, I just wrote the script for season 3.

It took me like 3 or 4 episodes before I already knew how the season ends. And I'm sure there's people who figured it out even sooner. I think that's a big problem with a character as powerful as Eleven(who according to the "because science" dude is probably one of the strongest telepaths/force users in all fiction). You have to create shitty mini missions for her just so your 8 ep season doesn't end in like 5 minutes. Which brings me to my point. IF they do something new and unusal with Eleven, like turning her heel or maybe having her die(even if it's only for an episode or two), that would create some intrigue and at least disbelief to some degree.
I think we've seen the last of the Upside Down and the Mindflayer for a while. Unless the writers are totally clueless they won't rehash that for s3 (or let Eleven's power creep continue unabated)

What irks me is that they had the whole nosebleed signalling she's damaging herself by using her power, yet it never hurt her to the point where it was an effective deterrent as a plot device. Now if they put her in a coma after closing up the door because of the strain (even though that scuttles the happy ending) it would be a warning she just can't go full Jean Grey every time something threatens them. But I guess they couldn't do that.

Only two episodes into season 2 and underwhelmed but I have to say I can’t recall ever seeing someone do drunk talk as well as Natalia Dyer. That was a hell of a performance.
Also I wanna bone Winona Ryder badly. She doesn’t age.
she definitely looked good it was weird that they made rudy/samwise her love interest

My girlfriend complained that it was unrealistic that Steve would still be capable of going down into the tunnels after getting his ass beat by the bully.

I was like bitch, are you serious? Out of all the crazy shit that happens in this show, that's the deal breaker right there? An upside down world, a shadow monster that possesses a kid and dog like creatures who's faces open up and devour you with a bazillion teeth.....but no it's the condition of Steve's concussion that leaves you doubting the realism of the show? GTFO woman.

Just finished it, I was busy for a couple months and just got around to it. Holy Shiite. It's one of the best things I've ever seen. I loved season 1, thought this was even better, with their ability to build upon already established, great characters.

The sci-fi elements worked better this go round. Steve and Dustin were pure gold. Hopper is a fantastic character. I liked the new characters, except for Bob - who I loved. I even liked the controversial episode 7. Wasn't my favorite episode, but I still liked it.

Not as good as season one but Still excellent in my opinion

This season was legit garbage. What a turn from a 9/10 first season to 2/10 season 2.

Man some of you guys must be on crack to think this season was good. Too many plot lines. Too many characters. The redhead and her brother were terrible and pointless characters. Ugh. And that random shit episode 7. Wtf was that?

Update: December 1, 2017

Duffer Brothers' STRANGER THINGS Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix

Netflix is returning to the Upside Down. The streaming giant has renewed the Duffer brothers' breakout hit Stranger Things for a third season. A return date has not yet been determined for the supernatural drama about the happenings brimming beneath the surface of a small American town.

While Netflix — like fellow streamers Amazon and Hulu — does not release viewership information, measurement leader Nielsen cited an audience of 15.8 million viewers who watched the season two premiere within three days of its launch. (And nearly 11 million of them were among the key adults 18-49 demographic.) Nielsen also found that 361,000 Netflix subscribers streamed the entire nine-episode second season within 24 hours of its debut. (Netflix declined comment on the Nielsen findings.) Stranger Things 2 also was crowned the most popular show in the country, according to data company Parrot Analytics.

Still, even without ratings from Netflix, Stranger Things ranks as the service's biggest franchise. The series, which collected 18 Emmy nominations (taking home five) is pulling Netflix into a new business with a series of licensing deals for clothing, posters, toys and collectibles. Given the breakout success of the show (which is owned in-house) and lucrative licensing deals, the show's child stars are said to be banding together to renegotiate their contracts for upcoming seasons.

In September, sources told THR that stars Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo and Caleb McLaughlin each got $30,000 per episode for the first and second seasons with a bonus — less than six figures — once it became clear that the show was a phenomenon. While the cast is signed for six years, talent reps say a renegotiation will happen in early 2018. One question yet to be addressed: whether the show's breakout, 13-year-old Brown, will negotiate separately from the other young stars.

'Stranger Things' Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix

This season was legit garbage. What a turn from a 9/10 first season to 2/10 season 2.

Man some of you guys must be on crack to think this season was good. Too many plot lines. Too many characters. The redhead and her brother were terrible and pointless characters. Ugh. And that random shit episode 7. Wtf was that?

How can you think other people are on crack when you give the season a 2/10. Yes, stranger things is a 2/10 and the rest of the world is really on crack.

<{nope}>

I get there were some writing issues, but I enjoyed this season more than the first one. I think it's still a great show.

My theories:

Bob was a victim and survivor of Pennywise the clown. The whole clown with the balloon nightmare story, him wanting to move back to Maine etc. I'm assuming he's from Derry.

Billy and Max came to Hawkins to have a fresh start from the high murder/missing rate due to the events of the Lost Boys. They're from Cali so it fits (I'm assuming they're from Santa Clara.) Had Billy stayed he likely would've become a vampire as I think he'd be the perfect recruit for David.

I wonder if the writers have an overall plan or are just winging it. Season 2 felt like a setup for future seasons. Like the other girl with powers was a primer for future seasons introducing more of the numbered test subject characters.

Ready for season 3 NOW.

But don't do that 'city episode' crap again please.

Thx.

I wonder if the writers have an overall plan or are just winging it. Season 2 felt like a setup for future seasons. Like the other girl with powers was a primer for future seasons introducing more of the numbered test subject characters.
I got that feeling too, except I didn't give a shit about her merry band of misfits. Doubling down on what many considerered s2's worst episode is probably not the way to go.

Hopefully the Duffer bros take fan feedback into consideration when deciding where to take the show next.

Season 1 was much better than Season 2.

Season 2 was quite boring till the 5/6th episode, but then the last few episodes won it back.

S1 8/10
S2 7/10

And I don't have much faith in S3 to be honest, they will probably kill off Hopper and it'll be pretty much the same like Season 2.

How can you think other people are on crack when you give the season a 2/10. Yes, stranger things is a 2/10 and the rest of the world is really on crack.

<{nope}>

I get there were some writing issues, but I enjoyed this season more than the first one. I think it's still a great show.

you sir are on crack if you think its better than the first. Maybe a 2/10 is too low, but no way on this earth was season 2 better than 1.

Just started watching, currently on season 1.

I think half the magic of this show is the soundtrack. Reminds me of the electronic soundscape from bladerunner.

the ghetto suicide squad from chicago in ep.7 featuring 008 and 011 was entertaining.

lol looks like I'm the only one who liked episode 7.it was actually an action packed episode.

26196052_1629169433788979_200746899021672579_n.jpg

My main problem was I felt like we went nowhere in Season 2. They introduced all of these new elements to drive the story forward, and yet the season ended literally right where it started. "Oh no there's a giant monster in the upside down!" before season 2 and what were we left with at the very end? "Oh no there's a giant monster in the upside down!". And they couldn't even make it a new monster.

To me the ending of season 2 brought the entire thing down. I hope season 3 just brings a feeling of progression.

Back