strategy vs a 400 pound sumo wrestler

say you did a crazy mma fight in asia and you had to fight a big sumo guy and you weigh around 190 do you think dropping into heel hook lacing would be the best strategy given sumo guy doesnt have real training maybe a few months to prepare id think heel hooking would be the best strat vs this what would you do
Run away and kick his knee's out. I know i'm in grappling section but fuck man. If he lays on me i am dead

Run away and kick his knee's out. I know i'm in grappling section but fuck man. If he lays on me i am dead

if your 190? when i was a blue belt i fought a guy whow as 350 and i triangle d him in 45 seconds in the ibjjf 2010 no gi advanced division was a tp couldnt lock my legs lol i know it isnt ideal to pull guard but to think u couldnt survive or do well there as a black or brown belt i dont believe that

if your 190? when i was a blue belt i fought a guy whow as 350 and i triangle d him in 45 seconds in the ibjjf 2010 no gi advanced division was a tp couldnt lock my legs lol i know it isnt ideal to pull guard but to think u couldnt survive or do well there as a black or brown belt i dont believe that

I just sort of thought of this when i was replying.

Looking at their weights now i do see the disparity is larger.

I lived in Japan and saw a lot of sumos. There was a stable in my town. Almost all of them have a good amount of uufo experience. And a lot of them aren't that fat. Think Japan's version of offensive and defensive lineman. I'm 6'4, 210ish, pretty strong. I armwrestled about a 260 or so pound sumo one night at a restaurant, and he was FREAKISHLY strong. Couldn't even budge his arm. He didn't even bother putting me down, just seemed bored. Those guys are not to be take lightly.

Honestly I think a 400 pounder would be easier to deal with

Yep imo people get a false perception of Sumo because no elite sumo in his prime makes the move to mma. A 250-300 pound japanese elite Sumo wrestler has nearly unmatched balance, strenght, and toughness with otherworldly grip strenght, world class infight clinch game and quite a good cardio + fast accleration.
Thinking about that these guys would learn submission grappling. Oh my <Eek2.0>

Only strategy I would think of is keep the fight standing as long as possible.

Yep imo people get a false perception of Sumo because no elite sumo in his prime makes the move to mma. A 250-300 pound japanese elite Sumo wrestler has nearly unmatched balance, strenght, and toughness with otherworldly grip strenght, world class infight clinch game and quite a good cardio + fast accleration.
Thinking about that these guys would learn submission grappling. Oh my <Eek2.0>

Only strategy I would think of is keep the fight standing as long as possible.

No one questions the athleticism of an NFL level offensive lineman. Sumo is basically where these guys wind up in Japan. They're not dudes you'd want to fuck with.

Back