Street Fighter V v2: PS4 and PC ONLY

Gref

Scumdog
Platinum Member
Reaction score

SFV IS LIVE
If you would like your name added to the list please PM me or post in the thread.
Please include your Steam/PSN in addition to your CFN ID.

Code:
Player Listing*:
(SD) Gref / (S) Gref / (CFN) OGSimpson
(SD) Cyke_out / (P) frostycyke / (CFN) cyke_out
(SD) SwamiLeoni / (P) NicroManiac / (CFN) NicroManiac
(SD) OnionKnight86 / (P) comet_the_dog / (CFN) CometTheDog
(SD) ohflow / (S) ohflow (CFN) wolfho
(SD) INoScopedJFK / (P) Pupu_the_swine / (CFN) Pupu_the_swine
(SD) RJ43 / (P) Face2Face95 / (CFN) Executive
(SD) CubicleGangster / (P) ocSherlock / (CFN) ocSherlock
(SD) MUSTKILL / (S) vdawg77 / (CFN) vdawg77
(SD) Thunderhead / (S) thunderhead27 / (CFN) Thndrhd27
(SD) Minnja / (S) Terry Hunter / (CFN) CitizenSnips
(SD) Luminaire / (P) Adamantium83 / (CFN) Adamantium83
(SD) CrimsonFury / (P) Cr1mz0n Fury / (CFN) FightersImpact
(SD) FightsFTW / (P) angelspawn77 / (CFN) angelspawn77
(SD) brownft10 / (P) brown_feet13 / (CFN) brownfeet
(SD) NoGoodNamesLeft /(S/P) ???? / (CFN) K1ck1n_ur_d1ck1n
(SD) Shidlord / (S/P) ???? / (CFN) mellowmark
(SD) method115 / (P)  method114 / (CFN) method115
(SD) Cocrehamster / (S/P) ???? / (CFN) wackobird602

* (SD) (S) (P) and (CFN) denote Sherdog name, Steam name, Playstation name, and Capcom Fighters Network ID respectively.

SHERDOG GRAND PRIX
BRACKET
FIRST PLACE GETS $20
SECOND PLACE GETS $10
THIRD PLACE GETS $5

Last edited:
Added Grand Prix payouts for second and third place as an added incentive to get this tournament filled out.

If you have SFV and have not registered you're gonna miss out!

Hey guys, I got an razer atrox xbone to use for my desktop PC(i live in two cities). I cant get it to show up as a gaming unit? Anyone good with these kinda stuffs?

So what's the key to applying consistent pressure in this game? I come up against opponents online that are just far better than me at locking me down, crossing me up, and getting me cornered. So say you're going to pick up a new character... how do YOU go about implementing that sort of strategy?

@Gref about the wake-ups. That's where the mind games come in because 50% of the people I play I hit on wake-up and 50% of the people I play know its coming. Towards the end of our sets I could tell when you were going to hit me with a wake-up and I started to step in and throw. That being said, my biggest hurdle is comboing off my cr.HP. It's really hard to constantly get a tatsu off of it, let along a DP. Holding cr.HP to a DP is tough to hit 10/10 times. I noticed on the replay's that I would score a hit but drop it 8/10 times and that's unacceptable playing you because you come back and nail me for the unfinished move.

Great games though, it's always good fun to play your Necalli. You hit your combos and CC's with great accuracy.

Man the gif is so relevant!! XBONE even for PC is a big fail!? GIMME MY RT AND LT!!!

*has been working with disconnecting and changing the cables to the microswitches for 10 minutes(has no tools)*

So what's the key to applying consistent pressure in this game? I come up against opponents online that are just far better than me at locking me down, crossing me up, and getting me cornered. So say you're going to pick up a new character... how do YOU go about implementing that sort of strategy?

IMO, every fighter is different. Pressure with Ryu typically comes with zoning with fireballs, when the opponent comes in you DP, then you can start your cross-ups. Zangief pushes forward and uses his V-Skill to get in close. Dhalism uses a lot of mix-ups. Karin & Laura seem to play a lot of footsies. These are just my opinions from watch replays in CFN.

Man the gif is so relevant!! XBONE even for PC is a big fail!? GIMME MY RT AND LT!!!

*has been working with disconnecting and changing the cables to the microswitches for 10 minutes(has no tools)*

That's a bummer dude. Im using my X360 stick and it was plug and play. The peripheral support for SFV PC is laughable. You can't even use your keyboard.

@Gref about the wake-ups. That's where the mind games come in because 50% of the people I play I hit on wake-up and 50% of the people I play know its coming. Towards the end of our sets I could tell when you were going to hit me with a wake-up and I started to step in and throw. That being said, my biggest hurdle is comboing off my cr.HP. It's really hard to constantly get a tatsu off of it, let along a DP. Holding cr.HP to a DP is tough to hit 10/10 times. I noticed on the replay's that I would score a hit but drop it 8/10 times and that's unacceptable playing you because you come back and nail me for the unfinished move.

Great games though, it's always good fun to play your Necalli. You hit your combos and CC's with great accuracy.

I'm a big believer that sometimes you have to "just do it" and let the DP rip. If I don't get properly punished after whiffing it, I'm gonna wake up DP until I do. Getting thrown after a DP isn't usually a big deal.

Regarding the difficulty of doing cr.HPxxDP, I try to hit the cr.HP as I hit the bottom corner of the gate as I buffer the input. That way if they block the cr.HP I can stop what I'm doing. If they don't I can finish the and hit HP again or hold it and let go (negative edge).

Last edited:
I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of the fight stick. I still don't have full control over it yet and mess up simple imputs but I'm much better than I was a few days ago. Still gonna be a while before I'm fully ready.

Yeah You kind of have to hit the cr HP in the middle of the DP motion? Does that make sense to you Gref? I cant explain exactly when, but its like DP motion HP DP motion HP

Yeah You kind of have to hit the cr HP in the middle of the DP motion? Does that make sense to you Gref? I cant explain exactly when, but its like DP motion HP DP motion HP

That's exactly what I mean. Don't even bother trying to cr.HP and then do the DP motion. If you have full meter your critical art may come out instead of DP and that's a buzzkill.

Also quit ducking me @ohflow :p We've played USF4 quite a bit and I know our connection is good. I see you in training mode!

I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of the fight stick. I still don't have full control over it yet and mess up simple imputs but I'm much better than I was a few days ago. Still gonna be a while before I'm fully ready.

Ordered the Hori Fight Controller today... $30... hoping that helps with some of the moves.

My main is is my finger placement and inputs going right. I just need to get my fingers us to hitting the buttons they are assigned to and working on my specials while I'm on the right.

That's exactly what I mean. Don't even bother trying to cr.HP and then do the DP motion. If you have full meter your critical art may come out instead of DP and that's a buzzkill.

Also quit ducking me @ohflow :p We've played USF4 quite a bit and I know our connection is good. I see you in training mode!
Damn it lol! I wrote you on steam? Ready to go anytime!

My bad, now I'm ducking you. Im at work. I keep leaving my computer on at home :(
Hey necalli-sempai, does he have a weird hurtbox? Only played one, some jumpins kept whiffing?

Back