STREET FIGHTER V - v4: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW V-TRIGGERS

Competitive SFV is extremely intense. I was trying to imagine the pressure that must have been on MenaRD, as he sat down to fight Nemo in losers finals, knowing that even if he beat this wrecking ball of a player, he would have to turn around defeat Tokido twice. It's unbelievable what he did. I thought he would crack, but he did not crack. Tokido, the 32 y/o veteran and potential GOAT, cracked first.

Glad Cody made it in but I thought they said SFV wasn’t going to have any “editions”?

Yeah, they fibbed. Technically it's not a new edition, because everything included in it is available as a free download - except for the 12 DLC characters packaged in it, which you currently have to earn/buy separately. Of course, the new disc just happens to be a better bargain. They kinda tried to have it both ways.

Basically, Capcom has been operating e-sports tournaments for the last two years on the back of an early access game. Arcade Edition is what it was supposed to be.

Anyone think Sagat will be a NPC come SFV:AE release? I’m betting they won’t drop him for the SF 1&2 path but will update Arcade Mode when he releases. But Juri & Urien were both NPC’s so I’m hoping I’m wrong.

My predictions for final bosses:

SFI: Sagat

SFII: Bison

SF Alpha: Shin Akuma

SFIII: Gill (fingers crossed)

SFIV: E. Ryu (double fingers crossed)

SFV: A buffed Necalli or Ultimate Psyco Bison

I’m also really hoping for a General Story Vol: 2. I didn’t understand much of the regular story, but I think there is a lot more to be explained with another one.

Anyone think Sagat will be a NPC come SFV:AE release? I’m betting they won’t drop him for the SF 1&2 path but will update Arcade Mode when he releases. But Juri & Urien were both NPC’s so I’m hoping I’m wrong.

My predictions for final bosses:

SFI: Sagat

SFII: Bison

SF Alpha: Shin Akuma

SFIII: Gill (fingers crossed)

SFIV: E. Ryu (double fingers crossed)

SFV: A buffed Necalli or Ultimate Psyco Bison

I’m also really hoping for a General Story Vol: 2. I didn’t understand much of the regular story, but I think there is a lot more to be explained with another one.

It was just something they threw together because of MK. I didn't expect it to be good or make sense, but it's a fighting game. I'd rather they just make an extra mode like World Tour or something.

It was just something they threw together because of MK. I didn't expect it to be good or make sense, but it's a fighting game. I'd rather they just make an extra mode like World Tour or something.

That would be cool as well, but I think doing another story mode would be a fun way for them to hint at S4 characters. Not to mention, as weird as the story was I enjoyed seeing the SF cast in an actual story line.

That would be cool as well, but I think doing another story mode would be a fun way for them to hint at S4 characters. Not to mention, as weird as the story was I enjoyed seeing the SF cast in an actual story line.

Who knows if they will. The story mode was bad. Really bad. I don't mean so bad that it's good like MK9, I mean bad as in BAD. Tekken 7 bad. Let NRS do story modes, lol.

so glad they revealed the whole season pass this time

Sakura
Blanka
Felke?
Cody
G (Q?)
Sagat

street-fighter-5-season-3-character-pass-list-1024x576.jpg

I've had SFV since launch but haven't played at all in Season 2... now that Arcade mode is arriving what do I have to do to receive it for free?

So it seems people don't like blanka ....not as in the character but playing against him. What makes blanka frustrating?

So it seems people don't like blanka ....not as in the character but playing against him. What makes blanka frustrating?

Scrubby and easy to play, but some people just need to learn the matchup. Ugly design too. I'd rather have Honda. I rolled my eyes when I saw his ugly ass in the trailer.

I've had SFV since launch but haven't played at all in Season 2... now that Arcade mode is arriving what do I have to do to receive it for free?

Nothing except grind for the S1 & S2 characters if you want them. The only thing the legacy holders are getting that's confirmed is the AE package (i.e; New V-Triggers, Arcade mode ect). The people who are just buying SFV:AE get S1&2 for free, however, I think they have to earn the stages and costumes through payments and fight money.

There is a rumor that the legacy holders will get Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro but this is highly speculative. I don't think Capcom has had the time to work 4 new characters in the game for launch. They're always late delivering their DLC and they've been working on S3 / Arcade Mode and possibly General Story mode 2 so it just doesn't seem likely.

I hope so as well. Some Abe Lincoln-esque wrestling president.

If he's an amateure wrestling type I'll pick him up for sure. I've been wrestling since I've been 5 years old. About time they had a real wrestler in the game.

Nothing except grind for the S1 & S2 characters if you want them. The only thing the legacy holders are getting that's confirmed is the AE package (i.e; New V-Triggers, Arcade mode ect). The people who are just buying SFV:AE get S1&2 for free, however, I think they have to earn the stages and costumes through payments and fight money.

There is a rumor that the legacy holders will get Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro but this is highly speculative. I don't think Capcom has had the time to work 4 new characters in the game for launch. They're always late delivering their DLC and they've been working on S3 / Arcade Mode and possibly General Story mode 2 so it just doesn't seem likely.

Thank you.

Another question. I have a fight stick (TE2+) but it doesn't connect well into the fight stick, tends to somehow disconnect which is obviously very frustrating, is that something that can be fixed? (The multi prong input into the fight stick that screws in, yea... that piece of shit)

He can be gimmicky and total pain in the ass to fight online is SFIV. That's where most the hate comes from. I use to get hate mail when I played him even though I wasn't that good.

He also made for some boring/long matches when it came to competitive play so that didn't help his popularity at all.

If he's an amateure wrestling type I'll pick him up for sure. I've been wrestling since I've been 5 years old. About time they had a real wrestler in the game.

Would be cool to see him have a fireman's carry and a solid double leg haha

Thank you.

Another question. I have a fight stick (TE2+) but it doesn't connect well into the fight stick, tends to somehow disconnect which is obviously very frustrating, is that something that can be fixed? (The multi prong input into the fight stick that screws in, yea... that piece of shit)

You might want to see if you can pick up a new one at some of the stick shops online. They should have some available seeing as though MC just went out of business fairly recently.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Cable-Tournament-FightSticks-PlayStation-4/dp/B01MS04WVW

Paradise Arcade shop I also think has them. They're fairly cheap. The real trick is trying to get one from Razer.

This is from Reddit:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Release Date: January 16, 2018
I currently own Street Fighter V, what am I getting when Arcade Edition is released?

• The AE update will apply to all copies of SFV. AE is an Automatic Free Update This includes:
    • Arcade Mode
    • Extra Battle Mode
    • New V-Triggers
  • Season 1 and 2 characters WILL NOT be automatically unlocked. You will need to purchase all Season 1, 2, and 3 Characters through in game purchases with real money or earnable “Fight Money”

What comes with a new copy/purchase of SFV: Arcade Edition?
  • Arcade Mode
  • Extra Battle Mode
  • New V-Triggers
  • ALL Season 1 and 2 Characters
    • You will need to purchase all Season 3 Characters through in game purchases with real money or earnable “Fight Money”

What comes with the Season 3 Character Pass?
  • Sakura, including:
    • Default costume colors 3-10
    • Sakura Battle Costume with colors 3-10
  • Blanka, Falke, Cody, G, and Sagat upon their release
SPECIAL NOTE: Beginning with Season 3, if you purchase each character individually with real money, you’ll also get the same Battle Costume and colors as you would if you have the Character Pass.

What do I get for Pre-Ordering AE (PS4 Only)?

What if I already own SFV but want the pre-order bonus? –or- What if I want the pre-order bonus on PC?
  • If you purchase the Season 3 Character Pass from January 16 – January 31 you will receive the Arcade Edition pre-order bonuses for free.

What if I Pre-Order Arcade Edition for PS4 but then also purchase the Season 3 Character Pass between 1/16 and 1/31?

Would be cool to see him have a fireman's carry and a solid double leg haha

Lol! I didn't even start to think of the moves he could use. Half Nelson, Full Nelson, Headlock, Inside trip, Belly to Belly suplex. Really hope he's a wrestler now.

Guys, since we're over the 1k mark I will make a new thread when I get home. If you don't see your gamer tag on the front page, go ahead and place it in here and I'll add it for v5. I'll also post all of the relevant information, some helpful links to training guides, videos ect to get us ready for the launch. Doesn't seem like there are that many SF fans here on Sherdog, but it's nice to see new faces coming in. Since SFV:AE dropped, there has been a lot more interest in people picking the game back up. That's great for Friday night Battle Lounges.

Back