STREET FIGHTER V - v4: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW V-TRIGGERS

I got my Panthera yesterday and I’d love to give a more detailed review of me testing it out but in short, I love it. It feels much more fluid than my TE2+. That’s probably because my TE2+ has been beaten to a pulp and needs a new stick. I just replaced the buttons, but I think it’s the stick that needs the work. The Panthera’s buttons are a little more towards the top. The stick itself feels really durable, but the hinge that opens it kind of scares me. It’s a hydraulic pump that just reeks of issues in the future. Overall, I think it’s a fantastic stick and my inputs felt much cleaner compared to my TE2+. I’d love to have my TE2+ refurbished at some point. But if anyone is the market for a new stick, the Panthera is really nice. It also comes with a bat top free of charge!
Seen quite a few Koreans with this stick (with a Fanta lever) at EVO for Tekken 7 this year. Looks nice, I just prefer modding older sticks. And yes, I've heard that latch becomes an issue for the Pantera.

TE2+ are super easy to mod. I've got an old HRAP3 that I'm about done with just waiting on some black ss screws to put the final touch.

Seen quite a few Koreans with this stick (with a Fanta lever) at EVO for Tekken 7 this year. Looks nice, I just prefer modding older sticks. And yes, I've heard that latch becomes an issue for the Pantera.

TE2+ are super easy to mod. I've got an old HRAP3 that I'm about done with just waiting on some black ss screws to put the final touch.

I have a modded TE2+ and I love it. I made a picture of the Bad Religion Cross buster and added the name. It's really beat up and I need to do some major work to it, but I've never changed a stick before so its a little daunting.
Cn2IftIUsAAuCOi.jpg:large

Great read but pretty depressing lol.

Lol, yeah. Fat Birdie isn't one of my favorites.

Is Tetsuo Hara the reason why we've never seen the Slam Masters characters ever again? Not even in cameos? Does he own the rights?

I have a modded TE2+ and I love it. I made a picture of the Bad Religion Cross buster and added the name. It's really beat up and I need to do some major work to it, but I've never changed a stick before so its a little daunting.
What is it specifically that's beat up? Just the JLF joystick? Those are super easy to work on. I've modded my JLF with softer and quieter cherry switches, heavier spring and larger actuator on an octagate and a battop.

Last edited:

Nice. I have a TE2 stick like yours that I gutted out and I need to replace the stock PCB with one with less latency.

At the moment I'm using my old ass TE S stick. I replaced the stock Sanwa joystick with a Seimitsu LS-56-01 with an octagonal plate.

04FFN0u.jpg

Nice. I have a TE2 stick like yours that I gutted out and I need to replace the stock PCB with one with less latency.

At the moment I'm using my old ass TE S stick. I replaced the stock Sanwa joystick with a Seimitsu LS-56-01 with an octagonal plate.

04FFN0u.jpg
You should go with the Brook:

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-universal-fighting-board/

Best on the market today with no latency, plus you can pretty much get by without soldering. You do lose touchpad functionality on the TE2 tho.

I'm gonna go the K-stick route with a Crown 309MJ as soon as it's back in stock with the A3 switches.

What is it specifically that's beat up? Just the JLF joystick? Those are super easy to work on. I've modded my JLF with softer and quieter cherry switches, heavier spring and larger actuator on an octagate and a battop.

Maybe it's just the spring, I'm not sure. It just doesn't feel as clean to play on as my Razer. It's been through a lot of Salty abuse and I'm not really sure how to bring it back to it's full potential without sending it off for repairs. I have a HORI RAP4 as wee that I modded but I haven't used it in a while since its in storage.

Maybe it's just the spring, I'm not sure. It just doesn't feel as clean to play on as my Razer. It's been through a lot of Salty abuse and I'm not really sure how to bring it back to it's full potential without sending it off for repairs. I have a HORI RAP4 as wee that I modded but I haven't used it in a while since its in storage.
Pull that thing apart, clean it and grease it and see if that resolves it. The only somewhat difficult thing is removing the e-clip from the base of the shaft. I'd suggest trying a 2lb spring and 1mm actuator for shorter throw and quicker neutral return.

You can get this lube:

https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-20-ounce-shin-etsu-silicone-grease-vial/

Or just buy a new joystick of your choice for $20-$30. Sanwa JLF, Seimitsu LS30 or Crown 309MJ would be an easy install.

Pull that thing apart, clean it and grease it and see if that resolves it. The only somewhat difficult thing is removing the e-clip from the base of the shaft. I'd suggest trying a 2lb spring and 1mm actuator for shorter throw and quicker neutral return.

You can get this lube:

https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-20-ounce-shin-etsu-silicone-grease-vial/

Or just buy a new joystick of your choice for $20-$30. Sanwa JLF, Seimitsu LS30 or Crown 309MJ would be an easy install.

Yea, I might do that. I'd have to watch some YouTube videos on how to dismantle it but I don't think it should be that hard. I've always felt like I needed a stiffer spring because I catch myself back dashing 3x's in a row when I only needed two, but to mention it should help with the shimmy. Whats the 1mm actuator for?

Yea, I might do that. I'd have to watch some YouTube videos on how to dismantle it but I don't think it should be that hard. I've always felt like I needed a stiffer spring because I catch myself back dashing 3x's in a row when I only needed two, but to mention it should help with the shimmy. Whats the 1mm actuator for?
The 1mm actuator shortens the throw, in other words the distance you have to push the stick from neutral to activate a switch.

There are a bunch of YouTube vids out there, that's how I learned all of this stuff.

So I was working with Guile last night and I just couldn’t figure him out. I had to watch the Bafael B&B videos just to learn some target combos and strings. I play some Action RPG’s here and there and maybe some shooters once in a while but 90% of the time I’m playing fighting games. That said, I feel like fighting games are so insanely difficult compared to other types of games. Sure Bloodborne was hard, but after a few hours I got the hang of it. That just doesn’t happen with fighting games. I have an ok understanding of the mechanics behind it, but can’t even figure out how to play a legacy character without having to look things up. Granted, people who have been playing longer than me can usually find the ins & outs, but they’re still very difficult to remember everything and even semi-competent people like myself need HOURS of lab time to start winning matches online. That said, Guile gave me a headache. I should have from an early age tried to learn other characters outside of just Ryu. Bums me out I didn’t and forcing myself to learn them now is really tough. /rant.

Battle Lounge tonight if anyone is interest. 4-5PM PST.

The 1mm actuator shortens the throw, in other words the distance you have to push the stick from neutral to activate a switch.

There are a bunch of YouTube vids out there, that's how I learned all of this stuff.

I'm going to pick one up for sure. I think I like the tension of the springs tighter more than I like it loose. How do you like the different types of gates?

I'm going to pick one up for sure. I think I like the tension of the springs tighter more than I like it loose. How do you like the different types of gates?
For me I find I'm the most accurate with the octagonal. Purest will swear by the square, but I like to ride the gate and I keep making missed inputs on the square. I honestly don't like a stock JLF at all.

The parts really aren't expensive at all so it's worth picking up a few different springs, actuators, and gates and try different combinations to see what you like as everyone has their own preferences.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sear...ay=desc&search_query=Actuators&submit_search=

The gold and red ones are worth trying, the others are too big. I prefer the gold.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sear...y=desc&search_query=Jlf+spring&submit_search=

2lb and 3lb worth trying, 4lb way too much tension.

This is X-Kira and he loves to really blow things up, but from what it looks like it might be true.

For me I find I'm the most accurate with the octagonal. Purest will swear by the square, but I like to ride the gate and I keep making missed inputs on the square. I honestly don't like a stock JLF at all.

The parts really aren't expensive at all so it's worth picking up a few different springs, actuators, and gates and try different combinations to see what you like as everyone has their own preferences.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sear...ay=desc&search_query=Actuators&submit_search=

The gold and red ones are worth trying, the others are too big. I prefer the gold.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sear...y=desc&search_query=Jlf+spring&submit_search=

2lb and 3lb worth trying, 4lb way too much tension.

Dope, thanks for the input. I'm going to pick some up today and really see if I cant bring my stick back to its original glory. Do you not play SFV?

Back