STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

I'm absolutely not ok with this spend fight money per attempt challenge mode.

Paid 1k... just to get 1 round with some hyper aggressive Akuma that starts with a super meter and combos into raging demon in the first 10 seconds.

Try again?

No... No I will not.

Just make it one price, infinite attempts. Capcom trying to bleed hard earned Fight Money out of people.

1K per attempt would be okay if earning FM wasn't such a grind

I only get south americans challenging me. There's usaually like 3-7 people in the lobby.

As long as the connection is good, it doesn't matter.

What surprises me is that there's people in SF2 Champion Edition, but not Hyper Fighting. I don't get it.

As long as the connection is good, it doesn't matter.

What surprises me is that there's people in SF2 Champion Edition, but not Hyper Fighting. I don't get it.

Might be like me and they grew up playing SF2 but didn't get really into SF till the later series *shrugs*

I was never I big Turbo fan. I liked the slower SF2 games.

Understandable.

Now if Fightcade 2 could run SNES roms, I'd start playing that one. The Genesis ones are ok.

It seems to have some use cases. From the little Cammy’s I’ve watched they seem to use it up close against fireballs. It goes right over them and she gains a lot of combo potential off of it. We’ll have to see how more people use it.

Daigo is back on Ryu at the moment. Some good matches online with him using the eternal wanderer. So far, he seems to only be using VT1. My initial impressions of VT2 are kind of mixed. VT1 was so buffed and has so many better uses (better zoning, corner carry, stun, combo potential) compared to VT2 (defensive, can lead to huge damage) but you still need a hard read. I’m sure VT2 has it’s better matchups (Rashid / Laura?) but I feel the pros will be using VT1 more often than not, especially against grapplers.

I’m loving the new SFX that AE brings. The sounds are absolutely fantastic. Extra Battle seems really cool if they keep adding content. I highly doubt that Shin Akuma will be the only ‘Boss’ in the extra battle and that kind of makes it pretty neat. I’d expect we’ll see Gill at some point, maybe E. Ryu, Seth and an extra Final Fight boss (looking at you Sodom). I wouldn’t be surprised if Capcom added in a Final Fight Path in SFV:AE. Rumor is they’re adding in FF stages, but who knows at this point. I’ve never been a fan of survival and I don’t agree with the color situation, but I LOVE boss fights. I’m hoping they continue to add more of them to the Extra Battle.

One thing I’m a little upset about is that they didn’t add a regional filter for Battle Lounge. When I’m in 4 person battle lounge and 3 people are from N. America, you can almost instantly tell when someone from across the globe joined because the connection turns to garbage.

I'm sure you'll eventually be running into Shin Akuma players hacking online, lol.

It seems to have some use cases. From the little Cammy’s I’ve watched they seem to use it up close against fireballs. It goes right over them and she gains a lot of combo potential off of it. We’ll have to see how more people use it.

Daigo is back on Ryu at the moment. Some good matches online with him using the eternal wanderer. So far, he seems to only be using VT1. My initial impressions of VT2 are kind of mixed. VT1 was so buffed and has so many better uses (better zoning, corner carry, stun, combo potential) compared to VT2 (defensive, can lead to huge damage) but you still need a hard read. I’m sure VT2 has it’s better matchups (Rashid / Laura?) but I feel the pros will be using VT1 more often than not, especially against grapplers.

I’m loving the new SFX that AE brings. The sounds are absolutely fantastic. Extra Battle seems really cool if they keep adding content. I highly doubt that Shin Akuma will be the only ‘Boss’ in the extra battle and that kind of makes it pretty neat. I’d expect we’ll see Gill at some point, maybe E. Ryu, Seth and an extra Final Fight boss (looking at you Sodom). I wouldn’t be surprised if Capcom added in a Final Fight Path in SFV:AE. Rumor is they’re adding in FF stages, but who knows at this point. I’ve never been a fan of survival and I don’t agree with the color situation, but I LOVE boss fights. I’m hoping they continue to add more of them to the Extra Battle.

One thing I’m a little upset about is that they didn’t add a regional filter for Battle Lounge. When I’m in 4 person battle lounge and 3 people are from N. America, you can almost instantly tell when someone from across the globe joined because the connection turns to garbage.
Messing around with it in training mode, and I realize my mistake. The command grab can't grab crouching opponents period. So the mixup if they aren't standing is dash vs. overhead. If they are standing then it's a mixup on whether or not they block or press a button and eat a combo.

Last edited:
Still no Dudley, no Fei Long. Can't be bothered.

DB Fighterz will be my jam for a while. hopefully EA atleast gets there shit together and fixes their retarded ass roster before I'm tired of that

Not really. I'm not so good with the parries and movements. Fuck up the rolls a lot.

To be fair, the parry motion was something like hcf or hcb or some shit. Good luck getting that to work with the random damage that goes on in that series, lol. I'm down for some matches. The roms are easy to get.

To be fair, the parry motion was something like hcf or hcb or some shit. Good luck getting that to work with the random damage that goes on in that series, lol. I'm down for some matches. The roms are easy to get.

maybe that's in the later series but in SS2 you parry by blocking at the last second. Puts your opponent in a stun like state for a second.

/r/Fightcade has a google drive link that has all the working roms in it

Hey guys, Battle Lounge today 4:30pm PST. If you’re new, come and join. It’s a great way to learn and we can offer up some tips and tricks here in the sub!

I played quite a bit last night and switched back to my TE2+ and it’s a world of difference from my Razer with regards to the stick resistance. The Razer is much stiffer. The pro is that I was doing a lot less input errors on my Razer but I wasn’t as mobile. It’s hard to move around on the Razer and if you’re practicing shimmy’s that could be an issue. I’m going to continue on with my TE2+ and see how I like it.

I played a Plat Laura last night named JackieThough and talk about the salt. I beat her/him in a best of 3 and said thanks for the match and left because the connection sucked. Next thing I know I get 400 invites. They just would not stop coming and I don’t know how to blacklist someone. I expect to get more tonight when I log on until I can figure out how to block that dork.

VM3u0DwsFf7T2Oj2ntYa4UX0j5DcUnfgqEDBJCpbykc.png

Reddit Maths
Quick math is a total 6000 FM fee to access those challenge, and 22500 FM once you clear them. The net profit is +16500 FM without factoring in the level ups, and assuming you don't fail any challenge as there are limited tries.

As far XP go, for reference a character levels up from 15 (this is what you level up to by only doing 1x Demonstrations + Character Story + Survival Easy + 1x Trials, you can easily test this with Sakura) to 19 with 10k XP, and 9700 XP is what you need to level up from level 30 to 31.

Last edited:
Back