STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Man, I forgot how stressful this game can be. Played some more, and I dropped all the way down to 3k. Then, at the end, I was almost back up to 3500 and this Urien player beat me up and ranked up to Gold. He wanted to play again, though, and I stole his gold from him and got back into Ultra Silver. Figured that was as good a time as any to call it a day.

Also, gonna watch MenaRD vs. Punk.

I don't know what the hell is going on with this thing. All I'm trying to do is paste the link to PandaxGaming on Twitch, and it keeps defaulting to some embedded format which clearly isn't working.

Last edited:
So it was Chun vs Yun in the finals?

G0exb.gif

Anybody else have to wait a really long time to get into a ranked match??

...just got back into the game after getting it at launch. I was doing better than expected at casual and battle lounge figured I'd get beat up in ranked for a bit but it takes forever.

Anybody else have to wait a really long time to get into a ranked match??

...just got back into the game after getting it at launch. I was doing better than expected at casual and battle lounge figured I'd get beat up in ranked for a bit but it takes forever.

I played tonight on the highest connection at 5 and found them relatively quickly. Welcome back.

The Alex player (Kazuya) must have felt really bad after he failed to punish Makoto. He didn't just block the super, but parried it.

AE Patch Notes:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/pdf/en/adjustmentsaever.pdf

Lots of weird things in there. What does Ryu's V-Skill "Changed the collision boxes during the move" and V-Shoryu "Eased the air combo count" even mean? Overall, not a big fan of Ryu's changes. He could have gotten a little more. We'll have to see how the universal (total changes for everyone) plays out before we can judge. Either way, I'm about as hyped for AE as you can get.

A lot of hit box changes and damage increases for Necalli
Rashid's cr.Hp was slightly nerfed as expected, some slight nerfs for him it seems

AE Patch Notes:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/pdf/en/adjustmentsaever.pdf

Lots of weird things in there. What does Ryu's V-Skill "Changed the collision boxes during the move" and V-Shoryu "Eased the air combo count" even mean? Overall, not a big fan of Ryu's changes. He could have gotten a little more. We'll have to see how the universal (total changes for everyone) plays out before we can judge. Either way, I'm about as hyped for AE as you can get.

Looked about the same as the other patch notes from what I've read.

I look forward to trying out the new V-Triggers. Never liked Sakura, but I like her stage. The best part is that the kid in the background still throws his controller after a KO.

I've been very slowly grinding out the damn combo trials lol.

Only a few left in Volume 1 (Nash, Guile, Akuma, Ibuki, Juri, Karin, Urien)... all of them except Ryu and Zangief left in Vol 2.

Seeing some progress in completing them (they are taking less effort to do) but it's still a damn process.

Amazing to me that people can just cruise through these with minimal effort.

Looks like a lot of recovery frame increases as well as some other slight nerfs. Changed the input for his stupid kick counter, move still seems useless.

Itazan can't be happy with all of that, lol. Nemo is probably doing cartwheels.

Itazan can't be happy with all of that, lol. Nemo is probably doing cartwheels.

One nerf I did like was Gief's cr.lk into SPD. I got tore up with that and his st.lk SPD. Although I hate the st.lk version worse, the cr.lk nerf is fine by me! :D

Tick throws are the worst even though I've won many many matches using them. One of my biggest downfalls is teching throws.

Looked about the same as the other patch notes from what I've read.

I look forward to trying out the new V-Triggers. Never liked Sakura, but I like her stage. The best part is that the kid in the background still throws his controller after a KO.

Nash looks incredibly fun IMO. One of, if not, the best VTII in the game.

One nerf I did like was Gief's cr.lk into SPD. I got tore up with that and his st.lk SPD. Although I hate the st.lk version worse, the cr.lk nerf is fine by me! :D

Tick throws are the worst even though I've won many many matches using them. One of my biggest downfalls is teching throws.

Really? I just read that you can't cancel cr.lk into a special move anymore which is what you shouldn't do anyway.

Back