STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Im gonna try my best getting back into SF V. Played a bit of it at launch but just ended up going back to MK X and now Injustice 2. But AE looks really hype and all cant wait for 30th anniversary.

Whats different about Ken in AE. Any really noticeable changes i should be aware of?

Im gonna try my best getting back into SF V. Played a bit of it at launch but just ended up going back to MK X and now Injustice 2. But AE looks really hype and all cant wait for 30th anniversary.

Whats different about Ken in AE. Any really noticeable changes i should be aware of?

I’m not too familiar with Ken, but from what I could tell they increased his walk speed which is a good buff. They also kept his corner throw loops from watching ChrisT’s clips. I’d check the patch notes that were linked in this thread. They’re very vague with the changes to the hit/hurt boxes. There are some YouTube Ken Mains who have probably discussed his changes in good detail. I’d watch more than one and also take them with a grain of salt at the moment. I feel prey to listening to Ryu mains complain about the lack of buffs, but others lab work that’s recently came out who own AE have started to change my mind.

The IGN review said ‘Secret Bosses’ as in plural. Does this mean we’ll see:

SFI: Sagat

SFII: Bison

SF Alpha: Shin Akuma

SFIII: Gill

SFIV: E. Ryu / Seth

SFV: Buffed Bison / Necalli

One can wish.

I’m not too familiar with Ken, but from what I could tell they increased his walk speed which is a good buff. They also kept his corner throw loops from watching ChrisT’s clips. I’d check the patch notes that were linked in this thread. They’re very vague with the changes to the hit/hurt boxes. There are some YouTube Ken Mains who have probably discussed his changes in good detail. I’d watch more than one and also take them with a grain of salt at the moment. I feel prey to listening to Ryu mains complain about the lack of buffs, but others lab work that’s recently came out who own AE have started to change my mind.

What? I didn't watch Chris T's vids, but I've seen other vids where Ken's throw loops were removed.

What? I didn't watch Chris T's vids, but I've seen other vids where Ken's throw loops were removed.

Actually I just read an update about 2 minutes ago that the final patch with the as yet unreleased game changes will be loaded during the AE update. Apparently the AE disc that was sent out is not the final version of those updates. So we have a little time. But ChrisT did show some Ken throw loops on his stream. You’ll have to look around.

Just saw a picture of what looks to be Shin Akuma. Full V-Trigger, start of the match.

Actually I just read an update about 2 minutes ago that the final patch with the as yet unreleased game changes will be loaded during the AE update. Apparently the AE disc that was sent out is not the final version of those updates. So we have a little time. But ChrisT did show some Ken throw loops on his stream. You’ll have to look around.

Just saw a picture of what looks to be Shin Akuma. Full V-Trigger, start of the match.

I'm playing right now. Ryu's cr MK is certainly better. Can't combo into FB if it hits from too far, but that's expected.

I'm playing right now. Ryu's cr MK is certainly better. Can't combo into FB if it hits from too far, but that's expected.

Very nice! A well needed buff. He seems a lot more entertaining to play this iteration.

Lol, Alex's Lariat can hit crouching opponents forcing them to stand. DDT time.

Choke Sleeper works after any flash chop which is nice.

Ed's VT2 is fun.

Lol, Alex's Lariat can hit crouching opponents forcing them to stand. DDT time.

Choke Sleeper works after any flash chop which is nice.

Ed's VT2 is fun.

Ed's does look amazing. How about Nash?

It costs 1K fight money for each try. All I got was a title, but it was fun. I would have beat him my first try if I had V-Trigger 1 selected.

It costs 1K fight money for each try. All I got was a title, but it was fun. I would have beat him my first try if I had V-Trigger 1 selected.

Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun. XKira said Gill was in the game but who knows.

Back