STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Never liked that controller, either.

I never understood why six action buttons like in the Street fighter set up isn't standard for all controllers. I mean sure there are shoulder buttons these days etc but games are so complex I think so many could make use of the extra buttons. And even if they don't... Who cares?

I'm at work and they got around to finally banning capcom-unity, but Capcom announced Team Versus mode. I'll update when I get home.

@SwamiLeoni @Gref

http://www.punchplanet.com

This is probably not worth it's own topic, but "Punch Planet" is early access and has only 4 fighters for now. It's on steam for $16.99, but normally $19.99. I might pick it up. It uses GGPO and it looks fun.

TIME CANCELING (T-METER)

Galactic Civilization has reached new heights. With the introduction of Time Canceling Devices, users are able to travel through time! The technology is fairly new and limited, currently allowing travel up to 1 second into the past for small corrections to everyday problems. The devices come equipped with an auto fail safe which will disintegrate your former self preventing any possible time paradox.

[/iframe]" data-provider-name="YouTube" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1513978837879_240" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 960px; height: 539.578px;">
DOUBLE TIME CANCEL (DTC)
Double Time Canceling (DTC) allows you to cancel the hit of any move. It requires 1 T-Meter.

JUMP TIME CANCEL (JTC)
JTC Dashing allows you to cancel any forward dash animation into an instant overhead that is safe on block. It requires 1 T-Meter.

ABSORB TIME CANCEL (ATC)
A well timed ATC can negate the hitstun of an incoming attack. It uses a small amount of T-Meter if the ATC misses.

ABSORB TIME MISS
When a ATC misses, the clone will still come out and put the player in an extended recovery state.

ENERGY ATTACKS (E-METER)
[/iframe]" data-provider-name="YouTube" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1513978837879_279" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 960px; height: 539.578px;">
ENHANCED ATTACKS
Enhanced Specials are similar to normal special but require 1 E- meter and give special moves new and improved properties.

ADVANCED ATTACKS
Advanced Attacks are powerful attacks that require 2 E-Meters to be used. Each characters has at least 2 Advanced attacks.

BASIC MECHANICS
OTGS
Off The Grounds or OTGS, allow the player to pick up the opponent under special circumstances after a knockdown. They can lead to extended combos.

WALL BOUNCES
Wall Bounces put the opponent into a unique juggle state which allow for extended juggle combos.

AIR JUGGLES/LAUNCHERS
Certain moves can cause an air juggle state allowing for extended combos.

THROW/THROW BREAK
When up close, throw a defending opponent. If they also throw within the tech window, the throw will be broken.

BASICS

G A M E U I

ENERGY METER
E-Meter builds from using special attacks.

Each Enhanced move takes up 1 meter and Advanced use 2 or 4 meters depending.

TIME METER
T-Meter builds passively over time.

Each use of a DTC uses 1 meter. ATC takes a small amount of meter when it misses.

COMMANDS
DTC = ANY BUTTON, THE SAME BUTTON

JTC = MP + MK (CAN CANCEL FROM DASH)

ENHANCED SPECIAL = ANY SPECIAL INPUT + PP or KK

ADVANCED ATTACK = D, DF, F, D, DF, F + ANY BUTTON

DASH = F, F

BACK DASH = B, B

JUMP = U or UF or UB

ATC = F + MP + MK

SPECIAL EXAMPLE= D, DF, F or D, DB, B + ANY BUTTON

CONNECT

The dude who made the game would regularly post updates on r/Kappa
It was well received though I'm not sure it has enough content to warrant that price tag

Here's more of the Team mode. You get health back and intros just like in KOF.

The dude who made the game would regularly post updates on r/Kappa
It was well received though I'm not sure it has enough content to warrant that price tag

I picked it up for $15. It's pretty fun, I like the time canceling mechanic.

Y'all still doing lobbies on Fridays?

Y'all still doing lobbies on Fridays?

Pretty much. I’ll be on vacation this Friday but I’ll start them back up on the 5th.

Anyone see Ryu’s donkey kick stuff that Hooligan?

Daigo's entering Cooperation Cup for the first time in 14 years. He'll be on the same team as Vanao (great Ryu), MOV (Chun), Haitani (Makoto), and Kuroda (Q!)

Pretty much. I’ll be on vacation this Friday but I’ll start them back up on the 5th.

Link?

I just saw it. Maybe it'll be a decent tool against low attacks until it's nerfed?

They really need to change the animation of it. Looks like Akuma's back throw.

I just saw it. Maybe it'll be a decent tool against low attacks until it's nerfed?

They really need to change the animation of it. Looks like Akuma's back throw.

Lol last thing he needs is more nerfs! It hardly looks different from his st.mk. That said, I wonder if you can cancel it OH and fire off a Denjin? His st.mk OH VT cancel allows for a couple of different follow ups which is kind of cool if you know how to fish for it.

When is Cooperation Cup? I’ve heard it was a bunch of old schools, just don’t know the date.

Lol last thing he needs is more nerfs! It hardly looks different from his st.mk. That said, I wonder if you can cancel it OH and fire off a Denjin? His st.mk OH VT cancel allows for a couple of different follow ups which is kind of cool if you know how to fish for it.

When is Cooperation Cup? I’ve heard it was a bunch of old schools, just don’t know the date.

Of course they will. That's what they love to do, lol.

It'll be January 6th. Here's a trailer.

Get hyped for Vanao's Ryu. Obviously, Ken is better, but Ryu isn't low tier.

Just took advantage of the Steam sale for SFV Deluxe Edition. Got it downloading right now. I'll snag Season 3 when it drops. It's been a while since I played SF it's going to take some catching up...

Of course they will. That's what they love to do, lol.

It'll be January 6th. Here's a trailer.

Get hyped for Vanao's Ryu. Obviously, Ken is better, but Ryu isn't low tier.

Haha standard Capcom protocol! Thanks for the info, hopefully there’s an english stream.

Just took advantage of the Steam sale for SFV Deluxe Edition. Got it downloading right now. I'll snag Season 3 when it drops. It's been a while since I played SF it's going to take some catching up...

Welcome aboard. Plenty of people in here who will help you along the way. AE is coming out soon. Check page 1 for the details.

So wait I just bought the "Deluxe Edition" with all the season passes and they want me to buy half of the stages?

This is the same feeling I got when I bought SF vs Tekken and half of the roster was locked.

Now I remember why Capcom gets so much hate...

Is their any ways to hack this shit on PC to unlock stages? I'm not paying $4 per stage that's ridiculous.

I got this shit on discount I could only imagine how much it would cost to have the complete game normally.

Last edited:
So wait I just bought the "Deluxe Edition" with all the season passes and they want me to buy half of the stages?

This is the same feeling I got when I bought SF vs Tekken and half of the roster was locked.

Is their any ways to hack this shit on PC to unlock stages? I'm not paying $4 per stage that's ridiculous.

I got this shit on discount I could only imagine how much it would cost to have the complete game normally.

I believe some of the stages + costumes were for fiat purchase only. That said you have plenty of time to rack up enough fight money to grab the stages that aren’t and to buy all 6 characters come the AE launch. Doing all of the stories takes maybe 2 hours and nets you a big chunk. Also doing the trials and the “Shadows Fall” story will net you some good fight money. Every time you level up you’ll get fight money. But they’re changing the way fight money works for AE so it’s in your best interest to hammer it out now if you have the time. It’s not 100% understood how the fight money will work in AE, but it’ll still be available in some way.

I haven't purchased one stage for SFV this whole time. No costume purchases as well.

The so called "Season Pass" for Season 1 was BS because, like you said, all they got were the characters. However, they renamed it "Character Pass" in Season 2 so at least Crapcom was honest about it that time.

I didn't purchase any characters or stages because of fight money.

I'm surprised extreme survival mode is still a thing... who is seriously willing to sit there and go through 100 rounds when the likelihood is you'll get into the 90s get your ass whooped and have to try again.

Is there anyone that has fully completed survival mode for all characters? I'd be amazed if someone had done it.

Back