STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Yea I’d MUCH rather have KI over those stupid smash games. I tried my best to sit through a Top 8 and couldn’t do it.

I use to play but even then I couldn't enjoy watching matches. Same thing with Smash 4. They just aren't entertaining matches to watch and the sets take so damn long.

That would be great if enough people played those. Cooperation Cup is always hype.

BTW, there was a recent tournament where both MVCI and MVC2 were played and MVC2 had twice as many views on twitch, lol.

Most likely people would only show up for 3rd Strike, Melee, and MvC2. Didn't know about the recent MvC2 tourney, shame I missed it.

I use to play but even then I couldn't enjoy watching matches. Same thing with Smash 4. They just aren't entertaining matches to watch and the sets take so damn long.

Most likely people would only show up for 3rd Strike, Melee, and MvC2. Didn't know about the recent MvC2 tourney, shame I missed it.

This isn't the tourney, but it's a FT10 between Sanford and Wong.

Broke my all time gold points at 4400+. Not much but little by little I’ll claw my way to plat. I was beating Super Golds though which really helped. Still tons and tons of mistakes.

Found the rest on NYCFurby on Twitch. This one has some matches including the two between Sanford and Justin.

Is this the same stream with Gooteks & Combo? I tried to watch that last night but my GF yelled at me for watching SF while we were watching a TV program lol.

Broke my all time gold points at 4400+. Not much but little by little I’ll claw my way to plat. I was beating Super Golds though which really helped. Still tons and tons of mistakes.

That's solid man. What's your actual rank at that level? Top 10k?

For some reason I had this false idea that I could rank up quick if I ever left casuals lol... nope.

I've never even seen Ultra Bronze... reached about 1400 last night with Kolin but then had a string of defeats that settled back around 1100. I seem to suffer from some level of fatigue lol, after about an hour I start making dumb mental errors.

So ok, 1st goal Ultra Bronze... then I'll aim for Silver lol.

Edit: I also can't find it in me to rematch heavy zoning characters with Kolin, even if I manage to win... it's just not enjoyable to chase someone back and forth across a stage as they stick to a fireball + anti-air strategy with someone like Kolin who doesn't have a simple answer to them.

That's solid man. What's your actual rank at that level? Top 10k?

For some reason I had this false idea that I could rank up quick if I ever left casuals lol... nope.

I've never even seen Ultra Bronze... reached about 1400 last night with Kolin but then had a string of defeats that settled back around 1100. I seem to suffer from some level of fatigue lol, after about an hour I start making dumb mental errors.

So ok, 1st goal Ultra Bronze... then I'll aim for Silver lol.

Edit: I also can't find it in me to rematch heavy zoning characters with Kolin, even if I manage to win... it's just not enjoyable to chase someone back and forth across a stage as they stick to a fireball + anti-air strategy with someone like Kolin who doesn't have a simple answer to them.

Haha I wish, probably around 70-80k. I would watch some high-level matches with Kolin. Valle has a really solid Kolin, he really likes her. Try to learn her frame traps, parry and how she moves around fireballs. She's pretty frame trap heavy, so I'd look into that and practice those.

Is this the same stream with Gooteks & Combo? I tried to watch that last night but my GF yelled at me for watching SF while we were watching a TV program lol.

Who? I'm not sure if they play Marvel, lol.

Haha I wish, probably around 70-80k. I would watch some high-level matches with Kolin. Valle has a really solid Kolin, he really likes her. Try to learn her frame traps, parry and how she moves around fireballs. She's pretty frame trap heavy, so I'd look into that and practice those.

Yea I'm working on a lot in terms of execution and frame traps etc, clearly I have a ton of room to improve.

She doesn't have an easy way to deal with fireballs and space without taking risks... so anyone playing really tight with space + anti air + fireball is frustrating as hell, especially once I get any level of success then they commit even more to that strategy.

But yea, I've watched some of the high end Kolin players in the rankings so I know it can be done, their execution is on another level.

Do you have a 2nd or 3rd character Swami? I know your Ryu is like Lv 40... any other character up their in level?

Yea I'm working on a lot in terms of execution and frame traps etc, clearly I have a ton of room to improve.

She doesn't have an easy way to deal with fireballs and space without taking risks... so anyone playing really tight with space + anti air + fireball is frustrating as hell, especially once I get any level of success then they commit even more to that strategy.

But yea, I've watched some of the high end Kolin players in the rankings so I know it can be done, their execution is on another level.

Do you have a 2nd or 3rd character Swami? I know your Ryu is like Lv 40... any other character up their in level?

To be honest, I’ve spent 95% of my time using Ryu. I would say my second best would probably be Akuma, but I’m not well versed on his normals and I’m not the best with his demon flip and oki. I messed around with Juri for a bit, but I’m even worse with her. I’d love to learn more with Nash but learning a new character is tough. I just need to dedicate a month to him and not use Ryu at all. Get beat up in all of the battle lounges. I am really looking forward to G and Sagat though. Chances are Sagat will be my second if G doesn’t work out.

To be honest, I’ve spent 95% of my time using Ryu. I would say my second best would probably be Akuma, but I’m not well versed on his normals and I’m not the best with his demon flip and oki. I messed around with Juri for a bit, but I’m even worse with her. I’d love to learn more with Nash but learning a new character is tough. I just need to dedicate a month to him and not use Ryu at all. Get beat up in all of the battle lounges. I am really looking forward to G and Sagat though. Chances are Sagat will be my second if G doesn’t work out.

Probably the only benefit of being relatively shit at this game is that I can play online with about anyone after a little warm up and not lose too much lol

I tend to give some time to every character just going thru easy/normal survival and trials, looking forward to these season 3 characters.

Probably the only benefit of being relatively shit at this game is that I can play online with about anyone after a little warm up and not lose too much lol

I tend to give some time to every character just going thru easy/normal survival and trials, looking forward to these season 3 characters.

Same here. Could care less about the next two. Sucks my most anticipated are last in the game.

Battle Lounge Tonight 2/9/2018! 4:30pm PST! Come Level Up!

Capcom is ridiculous haha.

The Shadaloo Apparition challenge vs a hyped M Bison is even more difficult than the Shin Akuma one.

1k FM per attempt... and the reward is only 10k EXP... which might bring with it 1 - 4k FM depending on the level of the character you're using.

If you're using your best character it's not even a 1 to 1 FM scenario because it takes more than 10k exp to level up.

Not to mention beating him consistently is one hell of a task, so a 100% success rate is not achievable and a 5-10% success rate is more likely for average players.

The 1000k entrance fee is TWENTY online wins worth of FM... lol, it's simply not worth it on any level.

Capcom is ridiculous haha.

The Shadaloo Apparition challenge vs a hyped M Bison is even more difficult than the Shin Akuma one.

1k FM per attempt... and the reward is only 10k EXP... which might bring with it 1 - 4k FM depending on the level of the character you're using.

If you're using your best character it's not even a 1 to 1 FM scenario because it takes more than 10k exp to level up.

Not to mention beating him consistently is one hell of a task, so a 100% success rate is not achievable and a 5-10% success rate is more likely for average players.

The 1000k entrance fee is TWENTY online wins worth of FM... lol, it's simply not worth it on any level.

Damn, that's some BS. Do they not give you FM for Arcade mode? People wanted offline modes, Capcom is delivering the salt! Wait until 'Defeat the Giant' drops lol. That's going to be pretty funny.

Damn, that's some BS. Do they not give you FM for Arcade mode? People wanted offline modes, Capcom is delivering the salt! Wait until 'Defeat the Giant' drops lol. That's going to be pretty funny.

No FM for Arcade Mode... no experience for Arcade Mode either. It's a useless add on unless you want some nostalgia. As far as I'm concerned they failed on delivering a good arcade mode experience.

Should have been 1 good arcade mode... 8 character path, plus the 4 boss fights... the paths could have been different for different characters.

Passing Arcade mode yields a color or title etc... passing it on higher difficulty levels yields more colors or titles... All of it should include a FM or EXP bonus for first time completion. Give me a god damn reason to play through it with the characters.

Anyway yea, I'm at 245k FM... so long as I keep playing I'll get the remaining 255k for the 5 remaining characters but Capcom is actively deterring the "grind" at this point.

Back