STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

No FM for Arcade Mode... no experience for Arcade Mode either. It's a useless add on unless you want some nostalgia. As far as I'm concerned they failed on delivering a good arcade mode experience.

Should have been 1 good arcade mode... 8 character path, plus the 4 boss fights... the paths could have been different for different characters.

Passing Arcade mode yields a color or title etc... passing it on higher difficulty levels yields more colors or titles... All of it should include a FM or EXP bonus for first time completion. Give me a god damn reason to play through it with the characters.

Anyway yea, I'm at 245k FM... so long as I keep playing I'll get the remaining 255k for the 5 remaining characters but Capcom is actively deterring the "grind" at this point.

Yea, that really blows. They should have added a lvl up factor to at least give you a little bit of FM. They also didn't add in any 'Secret Bosses' like I read that they did. Shin Akuma doesn't count. What they're doing is putting the Boss Fights as Extra Battle and forcing people to purchase the fights. Why couldn't they add in Gill for SF3 or a buffed Necalli for SFV path? Unless we haven't unlocked them yet, it sucks each path didn't have a boss. The whole point of playing arcade mode is for the BOSS. It's ridiculous.

K, I'm logging in. I can only play for about an hour and half today. I have a date tonight so unfortunately I'll have to play a short session this time.

K, I'm logging in. I can only play for about an hour and half today. I have a date tonight so unfortunately I'll have to play a short session this time.

K I’m in a best of 3 but almost done.

I feel like every other match is laggy to the point of me not even being able to play the way that I want to. I try to console myself with the fact that some of the guys I'm playing probably have it bad on their end when it's smooth for me. I really wish they'd fix the netcode already. If I lived in an area that actually had some sort of local I might avoid the online altogether.

I still really like the game when a match is fairly smooth of course, but I'm starting to avoid rematches if there's too much lag regardless of whether or not I win. I think the worst part is that I start to wonder which of my wins were because I legitimately played well versus the other guy suffering from too much roll back. I played this Mika earlier, and I would start to punish with a combo and then the game reset and I was getting supered.

been a street fighter player since the 7-11 days and love this game. love making players rage quit, although i've destroyed 1 tv so far from rage quitting myself.

I feel like every other match is laggy to the point of me not even being able to play the way that I want to. I try to console myself with the fact that some of the guys I'm playing probably have it bad on their end when it's smooth for me. I really wish they'd fix the netcode already. If I lived in an area that actually had some sort of local I might avoid the online altogether.

I still really like the game when a match is fairly smooth of course, but I'm starting to avoid rematches if there's too much lag regardless of whether or not I win. I think the worst part is that I start to wonder which of my wins were because I legitimately played well versus the other guy suffering from too much roll back. I played this Mika earlier, and I would start to punish with a combo and then the game reset and I was getting supered.

I played last night with settings at 5 only and I didn’t have any laggy matches. Granted I have over 100mbs internet.

Looks like MvC:I is a dead game. No longer on the Capcom pro-tour. Crazy considering the game dropped last year.

I played last night with settings at 5 only and I didn’t have any laggy matches. Granted I have over 100mbs internet.

Looks like MvC:I is a dead game. No longer on the Capcom pro-tour. Crazy considering the game dropped last year.
I kind of live out in the sticks, but I do have a 75 mbs connection. I'm guessing the ping is what does it, although when you and I play it doesn't seem too bad, and we're on opposite coasts. I dunno. Sometimes my connection is erratic, but that's been the case everywhere that I've lived in Florida. Maybe I should I do the same and just set it to 5 only. It might be worth the trade even if I don't get anywhere near as many matches.

<Fedor23>

It's not fun to play or watch. It's a shame.

Arcsys made up for it, lol.

Last edited:
<Fedor23>

It's not fun to play or watch. It's a shame.

Arcsys made up for it, lol.

See I thought it was fun to play but it looks like shit. It seems like people enjoy the gameplay but hate the look. At least that’s what I get from reading others opinions. DBZF definitely stole the show. Looks like it’ll be behind SFV:AE as the #2 game. The silver lining is that Capcom can devote more resources to AE! I do hope they release a S2. I really wanna play as Gill and Asura if the rumors are correct. I wish Asura was in AE. That would have been dope.

See I thought it was fun to play but it looks like shit. It seems like people enjoy the gameplay but hate the look. At least that’s what I get from reading others opinions. DBZF definitely stole the show. Looks like it’ll be behind SFV:AE as the #2 game. The silver lining is that Capcom can devote more resources to AE! I do hope they release a S2. I really wanna play as Gill and Asura if the rumors are correct. I wish Asura was in AE. That would have been dope.

Even some of the marvel players prefer DBZ's gameplay. The gameplay was good, but not great. No assists and tagging in whenever you want (making it safe) is not something that everyone likes. It feels braindead. Try unsafe tagging in the other games and you're gonna get punished. Big time.

Edit: Now the netcode is something they actually did right. It's certainly better than DBFZ and it's great that they're using rollback on the upcoming SF 30th Anniversary.

Last edited:

Lol, when did he switch? I don't blame him. Gief is worse now that he was in S1.

I haven't kept up with SFV lately, but now I see that Itazan just won a tournament with Abigail. Let's see if Kichipa-mu makes the switch too.

As an aside... I've love a remake of Snatcher.

Blanka's VT2 is Jon Talbain-esque.

Last edited:
Back