STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

CnNog4f.jpg

@NoGoodNamesLeft

lol @ that Blanka costume.

Managed to get Kolin to Ultra Bronze this weekend, she's a fun character to play and seems to have some novelty as well since I tend to get messages from people about being happy to face a Kolin player. Still struggle with different match ups but enjoying the journey.

Anyone here beat Hard Survival? Gave it a shot this weekend, didn't come close lol Any tips on how to get through it?

Blanka Hype!

I will totally rock that story costume as well

I seriously can't get over how ridiculously awesome his story costume is. If he's even half as annoying as he was online in SFIV I'll be satisfied.

Monday, February 12, 2018, 2:40 AM [General]

Blanka, the second character of Season 3, will officially roll in to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on February 20! Watch his electrifying gameplay trailer below!

First appearing in Street Fighter II, Blanka (birth name, Jimmy), survived a plane crash over the Amazon and learned to fend for himself by fighting wild animals and developing survival skills. He eventually found his way to civilization where he met Sakura and Dan, and developed deep friendships with them over time. Blanka’s mother, Samantha, happened to see him on TV and tearfully reunited with him to bring him home.

In SFV: AE, Blanka is living peacefully with his mother, and has adapted well to being introduced back into society. One day, a suspicious salesman approaches him and offers a way to make Blanka famous by mass producing a doll made in Blanka’s likeness. Will it work? Find out in his character story mode!

Blanka’s gameplay remains animalistic in nature and sees him scratching, leaping, and pummeling opponents reflecting his time in the jungle. He retains his signature Electric Thunder attack that emits electrical currents around his entire body, which can be continuously performed by repeatedly pressing his punch buttons. Also returning are his multiple rolling attacks, which can be used to approach opponents from different angles or used as a combo ender.

New to Blanka’s arsenal is a command grab called Wild Hunt, where he leaps forward and viciously scratches the opponent before throwing them a set distance away from him. This addition to his move set opens up more opportunities for Blanka to be aggressive.

V-Skill: Coward Crouch

Blanka immediately ducks for cover for a short time before rising back up. His V-Skill can avoid many attacks, including fireballs. After performing Coward Crouch, Blanka can follow up with either Wild Lift (Punch Button) or Raid Jump (Kick Button). Wild Lift sees Blanka move forward while swinging his arms up to launch the opponent in the air and can be followed up by a normal, special move, or even a Critical Art. Using Raid Jump, Blanka swiftly jumps in the air where he can use any mid-air attack to advance.

V-Trigger I: Jungle Dynamo

Blanka’s V-Trigger I gives his special roll attacks more damage and can then be followed up by certain attacks, including his Critical Art. It also powers up his Electric Thunder and changes the animation so Blanka steps forward while unleashing the electric current. On hit, the opponent is launched slightly in the air and can be followed up with a rolling attack.

Finally, Jungle Dynamo unlocks Ground Shave Rolling (HP+HK), which can be used as a combo extender or a way to charge in. This move was a super move in previous games, but is now a special move in SFV: AE.

V-Trigger II: Lightning Beast

Lightning Beast unlocks a special move, Rolling Cannon (Direction + HP+HK), which can be performed after using Rolling Attack, Back Step Rolling, and Vertical Rolling. Rolling Cannon can be used in multiple ways, such as extending a combo for more damage or changing positions to surprise the opponent.

Critical Art: Dynamic Rolling

In this Critical Art, Blanka slams his opponent into the ground in a series of electrifying rolls that ends in a move reminiscent of Lightning Cannonball from Street Fighter IV.

Blanka is available individually for MSRP $5.99 or 100,000 Fight Money OR as part of the Season 3 Character Pass for MSRP $29.99, which unlocks Sakura, Falke, Cody, G, and Sagat as they become available. If you purchase Blanka as part of the Season 3 Character Pass or with real money, you will also get his Battle Costume with colors 3-10 and default costume colors 3-10. Take a look at Blanka’s Battle Costume, quirky Story Costume, and Nostalgia below!

Coward Crouch lol. Blanka looks incredibly cool. Much better than Sakura imo. She was pretty underwhelming to me.

ya dude i saw this on eventhubs right when i got to work today, because the first thing i do every day is go online for work related activities. im pretty hyped from what i saw

Lol dude I do the same thing. Need to get my news fix in the morning. I’m blocked from using game sites (Shoryuken / EH) but I can get onto Reddit. Glad you’re hyped for your main, he’s one of the funnest looking characters.

lol @ that Blanka costume.

Managed to get Kolin to Ultra Bronze this weekend, she's a fun character to play and seems to have some novelty as well since I tend to get messages from people about being happy to face a Kolin player. Still struggle with different match ups but enjoying the journey.

Anyone here beat Hard Survival? Gave it a shot this weekend, didn't come close lol Any tips on how to get through it?

I messed with Survival once to get a color for Ryu and never touched it again. The only offline modes I really play are training and trials. But if some dope bosses come to extra battle, I’ll give that a shot.

Desperately waiting for my Ryu skin in MH World lol.

I can already tell I'm gonna get all angry the first few times I play against Blanka. Just look at all those juggles and that super. Ha!

I can already tell I'm gonna get all angry the first few times I play against Blanka. Just look at all those juggles and that super. Ha!

At least we have INV DP’s for those Blanka balls!

Jesus, had I known that ultra bronze was just an introduction to a bunch of 2900LP Silver Leaguers...

ya dude i saw this on eventhubs right when i got to work today, because the first thing i do every day is go online for work related activities. im pretty hyped from what i saw
Thoughts on the story costume aka the best costume?

Just saw Blanka's move list. No charge super but has charge inputs for his regular moves. Electricity is still mashing punch as well so no change there. Also still has his surprise forwards and backwards unique attacks. The command grab just makes me that much hyped for him. I'll actually take a break from DBZ to grind a bit more FM to get Blanka and his story costume.

Here's the move list in case anyone else wants to check it out: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/blanka/movelist

Some things I've noticed playing Kolin online.

I don't understand Abigail yet... I'm not sure when to hit buttons and in the mean time I just get cornered and bodied, it's a really awkward match up.

Zeku gives me similar problems... he has like a full screen kick and great anti air options... I end up standing across the screen wondering if a fight ever breaks out.

In general, when someone REALLY pressures me, I end up blocking too much, I KNOW the throw is coming but when it does I always manage to fail tech'ing it. Really need to learn how to break that pressure and not get thrown, Silver league players really know how to do this.

Guile can get fucked lol, I probably win that match up more often than not but god is it annoying wading through 50 sonic booms and the constant threat of a flash kick.

Something with Ken and lag is really consistent, makes the match that much more frustrating, again... doing ok here, but I can't tell you how often I end up taking damage because the game is sketching out.

Whatever that next step is to make it through Silver... I'm a long way from it, I've crossed some threshold so that I don't lose to Super Bronze players anymore, but Silver is a completely different world.

Some things I've noticed playing Kolin online.

I don't understand Abigail yet... I'm not sure when to hit buttons and in the mean time I just get cornered and bodied, it's a really awkward match up.

Zeku gives me similar problems... he has like a full screen kick and great anti air options... I end up standing across the screen wondering if a fight ever breaks out.

In general, when someone REALLY pressures me, I end up blocking too much, I KNOW the throw is coming but when it does I always manage to fail tech'ing it. Really need to learn how to break that pressure and not get thrown, Silver league players really know how to do this.

Guile can get fucked lol, I probably win that match up more often than not but god is it annoying wading through 50 sonic booms and the constant threat of a flash kick.

Something with Ken and lag is really consistent, makes the match that much more frustrating, again... doing ok here, but I can't tell you how often I end up taking damage because the game is sketching out.

Whatever that next step is to make it through Silver... I'm a long way from it, I've crossed some threshold so that I don't lose to Super Bronze players anymore, but Silver is a completely different world.
i was there once but keep playing. you will get better and don't be afraid to play against better competition, that's how you learn. im gonna jump on right now.

Just saw Blanka's move list. No charge super but has charge inputs for his regular moves. Electricity is still mashing punch as well so no change there. Also still has his surprise forwards and backwards unique attacks. The command grab just makes me that much hyped for him. I'll actually take a break from DBZ to grind a bit more FM to get Blanka and his story costume.

Here's the move list in case anyone else wants to check it out: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/blanka/movelist

Do you play on PS4?

Back