STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

In general, when someone REALLY pressures me, I end up blocking too much, I KNOW the throw is coming but when it does I always manage to fail tech'ing it. Really need to learn how to break that pressure and not get thrown, Silver league players really know how to do this.

Does she have a 3-frame normal? You can use that if you know if it’s not a real block string to interrupt or you can practice the sequence in training mode and learn to use her V-Reversal. As far as I remember, hers is pretty decent. I’ll be the first to admit that my V-reversal skills suck. But I did hit a couple of them on @Thunderhead psycho snatch.

Does she have a 3-frame normal? You can use that if you know if it’s not a real block string to interrupt or you can practice the sequence in training mode and learn to use her V-Reversal. As far as I remember, hers is pretty decent. I’ll be the first to admit that my V-reversal skills suck. But I did hit a couple of them on @Thunderhead psycho snatch.

I believe her crouch jab is 3 frame... and I do use it often, but I'm probably getting frame trapped or just too slow.

V reversals just aren't something I've made part of my natural game play... if I'm doing it for one of those weekly challenges it's no problem but I forget to actually use it when it would be helpful.

Kolin's Parry is NASTY btw... it's not always easy to get the read but when you do, it sure is satisfying, takes off a ton of life too.

Sakura seems like a lame character; I picture lonely sensitive Japanese men maining her.

Debating on using my hard earned FM on Blanka. Sucks that the characters I want most are last to drop.

Last, still can't fucking believe 70,000 for a stage background. Fucking lame.

Some things I've noticed playing Kolin online.

I don't understand Abigail yet... I'm not sure when to hit buttons and in the mean time I just get cornered and bodied, it's a really awkward match up.

Zeku gives me similar problems... he has like a full screen kick and great anti air options... I end up standing across the screen wondering if a fight ever breaks out.

In general, when someone REALLY pressures me, I end up blocking too much, I KNOW the throw is coming but when it does I always manage to fail tech'ing it. Really need to learn how to break that pressure and not get thrown, Silver league players really know how to do this.

Guile can get fucked lol, I probably win that match up more often than not but god is it annoying wading through 50 sonic booms and the constant threat of a flash kick.

Something with Ken and lag is really consistent, makes the match that much more frustrating, again... doing ok here, but I can't tell you how often I end up taking damage because the game is sketching out.

Whatever that next step is to make it through Silver... I'm a long way from it, I've crossed some threshold so that I don't lose to Super Bronze players anymore, but Silver is a completely different world.
It's mostly about not dropping your own combos and also punishing stuff that is unsafe. There are a lot of unsafe options that I'm sure I fail to punish because I don't play often enough to remember the cast's frame data. But there are always a couple of moves that certain character players tend to abuse.

Urien's tackle, for instance, is unsafe at any strength. The least punishable one is still -5. Urien players will use it all the time to close distance.

I, myself, probably use spin knuckle too often with Cammy. If you play against a Cammy who keeps using it to get in on you, you can probably parry on reaction or, even better, crush counter. Every one of Cammy's specials is unsafe on block, just like Karin.

If a guy abuses sweep or DP, try to remember what situations they do it in and bait that stuff out and punish them for it.

I'm also dreadful at teching throws and have been relying on back dash recently (back dash is throw invincible). That's dangerous, but most players in silver don't seem to do anything about it.

I believe her crouch jab is 3 frame... and I do use it often, but I'm probably getting frame trapped or just too slow.

V reversals just aren't something I've made part of my natural game play... if I'm doing it for one of those weekly challenges it's no problem but I forget to actually use it when it would be helpful.

Kolin's Parry is NASTY btw... it's not always easy to get the read but when you do, it sure is satisfying, takes off a ton of life too.
That threw me off guard the first time you did it because not many guys counter my psycho snatchersthatsoften.

That threw me off guard the first time you did it because not many guys counter my psycho snatchersthatsoften.

If I can land it once in a best 2 out of 3 I'm pretty happy, you also can't really whiff it or you get punished. Takes up as much life as most command throws.

No, I got it for PC so I could use my fight stick. My fight stick doesn't work on PS4.

Maybe I should have done the same...

14_sonic05.jpg

On topic: I want that Monster Hunter costume for Ken.

From Infiltrations Twitter:

Why fireball characters are hates Blanka?(Especially shotos)

1. Can't punish that Rolling attack
2. Slide move beats fireball
3. EX rolling too
4. Walk speed fast than shotos
5. Anti-air moves are good for shotos
6. He can easily escape from the corner
7. I hates Blanka too

The only Shoto Capcom likes is Akuma. Ken’s c.mp into TC is funky and Ryu’s FB is still very sub-par. Capcom does like Guile though and will probably love Sagat even more. I’m still holding out for E.Ryu VT3!

This is a prediction for this year’s SFV EVO announcement.

New CA’s will be announced there. Aside from a character reveal, it would probably be enough to hype up the crowd. I don’t see the SF3 legacy character announcement the leaker said would be coming. Also, expect to pay for new CA’s! (kidding).

Wouldn't be Blanka if he wasn't annoying and frustrating to play against.

Character design is good tho, maybe over did it with the almost Necalli length hair, but otherwise pretty solid.

Don't forget to go get your +/- 3,000 FM bonus missions tonight lol.

FM grind is slow going, up to 253k.

From Infiltrations Twitter:

Why fireball characters are hates Blanka?(Especially shotos)

1. Can't punish that Rolling attack
2. Slide move beats fireball
3. EX rolling too
4. Walk speed fast than shotos
5. Anti-air moves are good for shotos
6. He can easily escape from the corner
7. I hates Blanka too

The only Shoto Capcom likes is Akuma. Ken’s c.mp into TC is funky and Ryu’s FB is still very sub-par. Capcom does like Guile though and will probably love Sagat even more. I’m still holding out for E.Ryu VT3!

This is a prediction for this year’s SFV EVO announcement.

New CA’s will be announced there. Aside from a character reveal, it would probably be enough to hype up the crowd. I don’t see the SF3 legacy character announcement the leaker said would be coming. Also, expect to pay for new CA’s! (kidding).

That....sounds like how Blanka always was, lol. Every game he's been, players would first try to figure out how to punish his roll.

Floe's reaction.

Last edited:
That....sounds like how Blanka always was, lol. Every game he's been, players would first try to figure out how to punish his roll.

Floe's reaction.

Just have to get used to his patterns I guess.

He's a character where players either loved him or hated him. He was my least favorite out of the original 8.

TBH he’ll just be another annoying character like Dictator, Rashid and Abigail IMO. That shock does look like it’s going to be irritating though. Especially as corner pressure and AA’s.

TBH he’ll just be another annoying character like Dictator, Rashid and Abigail IMO. That shock does look like it’s going to be irritating though. Especially as corner pressure and AA’s.

I'm sure low attacks still work against it. Or Dps. Or Gief's SPD, lol.

I'm sure low attacks still work against it. Or Dps. Or Gief's SPD, lol.

I never really played SFIV after Vanilla because I thought the game was really difficult (FADC's) so this will be somewhat of a new experience for me outside of SFII. From what I've read, Blanka is supposed to have some of the best normals in the game but his specials aren't supposed to be the best. Who knows though, opinions like those are very subjective. I'm excited to try him out.

I never really played SFIV after Vanilla because I thought the game was really difficult (FADC's) so this will be somewhat of a new experience for me outside of SFII. From what I've read, Blanka is supposed to have some of the best normals in the game but his specials aren't supposed to be the best. Who knows though, opinions like those are very subjective. I'm excited to try him out.

I'll probably start playing again once he's released. I want to check out his Jon Talbain like VT2 (The werewolf with the air dashes that you played in Vampire), and see what all can combo.

Low attacks have always been the weak point in his electricity. Sweep that shit, lol.

Wouldn't be Blanka if he wasn't annoying and frustrating to play against.

Character design is good tho, maybe over did it with the almost Necalli length hair, but otherwise pretty solid.

Don't forget to go get your +/- 3,000 FM bonus missions tonight lol.

FM grind is slow going, up to 253k.

Are you just winning matches to grind for that FM?? I spent way too much buying that Viewtiful Joe costume and now I'm basically broke. I need to figure out a way to speed up this process. I have been checking the big pay out missions but that shit is a drop in the bucket.

Back