STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

I'm not sure yet. I know there's a lot of disagreement about how good he is. I think the biggest thing that he's missing to be top tier is easy pressure, but VT 2 seems really good for just being 2 bars.

I feel he’s got some great mixup potential but from my local they’re saying he’s a really space dependent character. They all think he can be strong in the right hands (Momochi). His lack of a wake up reversal sucks and it seems he has a hard time getting out of pressure. Something the top 5 can all keep, but he does have his wake jab gimmick if played right. It’ll be interesting to see if he shows up at Evo.

FV Cup Results.....

1. RZR|Xian (Ibuki)
2. FightClub|UD (Cammy)
3. FD|Haitani (Akuma)
4. CYG|GamerBee (Cammy)
5. Tse4 (Balrog, Chun-Li)
5. Mago (Cammy)
7. AB|StormKubo (Abigail)
7. VS|NekoXX (Cammy)

There seems to be better character variety in ST than in this game, lol.

I read Haitani had 6 Cammys in a row! Insane. That must be so frustrating. I expect a cammy overhead in S4.

I’m online if anyone is interested in grabbing some matches.

A recent suggestion that I've heard is making VT 1 3 bars for Cammy. I think that alone would probably knock her out of the top 3. She gets too much off of it considering it's not uncommon to get 2 activations in a round.

I would like it more if they would just leave Cammy alone, but give buffs to characters that actually need them. Not like when they give a buff to Alex/Ryu, but then nerf some of their other tools.

I read Haitani had 6 Cammys in a row! Insane. That must be so frustrating. I expect a cammy overhead in S4.

I’m online if anyone is interested in grabbing some matches.

Going by the results, Xian saved this tournament. I didn't watch much of CEO because everytime I tuned it, there was Cammy on the screen.

Yea, I’d prefer buffs to the low tiers to make the game more interesting. Since Abigail stepped on the scene Gief has been obsolete. He needs his green hand back just to make him competitive. Alex needs better Oki options and Ryu needs better FB’s and less pushback on normals. We can keep Cammys VT two bars, but she needs more pushback on her normals. She gets 4 hits while Ryu gets two and in SFV S3, if you can’t keep the pressure you’re going to get bodied. They should revert all of the low tiers to their best selves in S4. Give Nash his dash back and bring back S1 VT status. Capcom is going against everything they said they wouldn’t do, it’s depressing. Not to mention, who knows what they’re looking at? Online usage or Pro usage? Who knows.

On a side note I watched Momochi’s Cody Vs Itzaban’s Abigail and the matchup looked heavily in Cody’s favor. His spinkick nullified a lot of Abigail’s gimmicks. Granted he’s new, but man it looks bad for him.

ok so i went to play some games for first time since moving to new apartment, whatever. speedtest saysa im getting over 100mbps down , 15 up, and ping is 35 to NYC, i live in NH. I go to play SF and its just fucked. like badly fucked, game is skipping, laggy, and generally unp[layable. is this like this for everyone?

ok so i went to play some games for first time since moving to new apartment, whatever. speedtest saysa im getting over 100mbps down , 15 up, and ping is 35 to NYC, i live in NH. I go to play SF and its just fucked. like badly fucked, game is skipping, laggy, and generally unp[layable. is this like this for everyone?
Lag seems unavoidable lately but shouldn't be as bad as what you're describing. @SwamiLeoni and I are on opposite coasts and even though lag definitely pops up most of our matches are playable, at least on my end.

Yea, I’d prefer buffs to the low tiers to make the game more interesting. Since Abigail stepped on the scene Gief has been obsolete. He needs his green hand back just to make him competitive. Alex needs better Oki options and Ryu needs better FB’s and less pushback on normals. We can keep Cammys VT two bars, but she needs more pushback on her normals. She gets 4 hits while Ryu gets two and in SFV S3, if you can’t keep the pressure you’re going to get bodied. They should revert all of the low tiers to their best selves in S4. Give Nash his dash back and bring back S1 VT status. Capcom is going against everything they said they wouldn’t do, it’s depressing. Not to mention, who knows what they’re looking at? Online usage or Pro usage? Who knows.

No, but I don't play it enough to really say that it's great or bad. The netcode has been one of the biggest complaints since the game was released.

You might need to forward your ports for SFV. I’ve been playing for a while today and the only lag I get is from S. America. Try this:
https://portforward.com/help/street-fighter-v/

No, but I don't play it enough to really say that it's great or bad. The netcode has been one of the biggest complaints since the game was released.

Is he talking about network stability? Can you even measure that?

Is he talking about network stability? Can you even measure that?

Offline input lag. SFV just happens to be one of the worst. Tekken 7 was up there, but a patch was released for the PS4 months ago and it plays a lot better. Both use the same engine.

PC is better of course lol. That's why I was wondering why you wanted to play on PS4, but you said the netcode was better for you on console.

Offline input lag. SFV just happens to be one of the worst. Tekken 7 was up there, but a patch was released for the PS4 months ago and it plays a lot better. Both use the same engine.

PC is better of course lol. That's why I was wondering why you wanted to play on PS4, but you said the netcode was better for you on console.

Oh ok, I knew SFV’s input lag was bad, just had no idea it was THAT bad. I think the ‘stability’ threw me off because I don’t know what that means with regards to input lag. I find it funny Tekken can release a fix but Capcom can’t. Talk about being lazy. But on the flip side, we get to see G here in a couple of weeks and maybe some other surprises.

I spent a decent amount of time playing Cody today. He is by far the easiest character to pick up outside of Ryu for me. I stayed in Super Silver for the majority of the day and upended up on Ultra towards the end. I really struggled against Laura because there was no inv reversal. Once she puts you in the meat grinder, it’s a pain to get out. Cody is also a tough to get out of the corner. Holy hell it seemed like once I got corner carried I lost the round. He is just plain fun and I have a great time using him. I was getting kind of bored playing Ryu as my best fighter, but Cody is coming along nicely. Some things to work on our his VT2 setups, especially after his qcf >lk because it leaves you in perfect oki range for a rock toss up. I hope G is this fun.

Oh ok, I knew SFV’s input lag was bad, just had no idea it was THAT bad. I think the ‘stability’ threw me off because I don’t know what that means with regards to input lag. I find it funny Tekken can release a fix but Capcom can’t. Talk about being lazy. But on the flip side, we get to see G here in a couple of weeks and maybe some other surprises.

I spent a decent amount of time playing Cody today. He is by far the easiest character to pick up outside of Ryu for me. I stayed in Super Silver for the majority of the day and upended up on Ultra towards the end. I really struggled against Laura because there was no inv reversal. Once she puts you in the meat grinder, it’s a pain to get out. Cody is also a tough to get out of the corner. Holy hell it seemed like once I got corner carried I lost the round. He is just plain fun and I have a great time using him. I was getting kind of bored playing Ryu as my best fighter, but Cody is coming along nicely. Some things to work on our his VT2 setups, especially after his qcf >lk because it leaves you in perfect oki range for a rock toss up. I hope G is this fun.

Don't worry. They'll buff Cammy's walk speed and normals to make up for the input delay.

Laura was nerfed and it seems like her 50/50s are the only thing she has going for her.

Don't worry. They'll buff Cammy's walk speed and normals to make up for the input delay.

Laura was nerfed and it seems like her 50/50s are the only thing she has going for her.

I just found it very hard to get out of her command grabs once she started her thing. It’ll of course teach me how to use my V-Reversal better, something I’m very poor at.

I just found it very hard to get out of her command grabs once she started her thing. It’ll of course teach me how to use my V-Reversal better, something I’m very poor at.

True, though I try not to use the V-Reversal that much since they're even slower now. Lol, why did Capcom do that?

Speaking of that stability, I guess that explains why at times a match feels ok, but then lags in the second round and clears up in the 3rd. Even in training mode at times it felt a bit off.

True, though I try not to use the V-Reversal that much since they're even slower now. Lol, why did Capcom do that?

Speaking of that stability, I guess that explains why at times a match feels ok, but then lags in the second round and clears up in the 3rd. Even in training mode at times it felt a bit off.

Yea, they nerfed to universal defense mechanic. I couldn’t believe they did that. You can get tossed out of it so easily, but I did hit more than one today but mainly on Uriens lol.

I quit a couple of matches today because of the 3rd round lag haha. I feel like Cody is pretty cheap. It’s like my 3-4th day and I’m hanging with Golds and almost hit gold today. There’s still a lot to him, but man give me a few months working on his game plan and I’m curious to see how far I can get.

Yea, they nerfed to universal defense mechanic. I couldn’t believe they did that. You can get tossed out of it so easily, but I did hit more than one today but mainly on Uriens lol.

I quit a couple of matches today because of the 3rd round lag haha. I feel like Cody is pretty cheap. It’s like my 3-4th day and I’m hanging with Golds and almost hit gold today. There’s still a lot to him, but man give me a few months working on his game plan and I’m curious to see how far I can get.

Some of it can be due to character unfamiliarity, but he seems pretty good tbh.

It sucks that you had to quit, but I'm sure that some players feel bad about blacklisting those "lag switchers" when it turns out that it was Capcom's fault, lol.

Last edited:
Some of it can be due to character unfamiliarity, but he does seem like a good character tbh.

It sucks that you had to quit, but I'm sure that some players feel bad about blacklisting those "lag switchers" when it turns out that it was Capcom's fault, lol.

I think the unfamiliarity has a big part to play in it personally, but also Cody has some insane reach on his normals. We’re talking Urien reach. I wonder how many people will stick with Cody in the next couple of months or will he fall off like Falke did. At Ultra Silver, you hardly ever see Menat, Falke, Sim and Zeku. I typically fight Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ed, Gief, Nash and Guile. I fought the same Cody three times yesterday and the same Guile twice.

I finished out the round but didn’t give a run back. I wasn’t about to play 180 seconds of that nonsense again. I have no idea how to black list someone and I’ve wanted to do it to a couple of people 3,000 miles away from me. Sometimes I watch Vesper and he tends to black list almost anyone who had a bad connection. I’m curious to know how big his list is.

This is for @Swing even though he may have switched mains.

I think the unfamiliarity has a big part to play in it personally, but also Cody has some insane reach on his normals. We’re talking Urien reach. I wonder how many people will stick with Cody in the next couple of months or will he fall off like Falke did. At Ultra Silver, you hardly ever see Menat, Falke, Sim and Zeku. I typically fight Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ed, Gief, Nash and Guile. I fought the same Cody three times yesterday and the same Guile twice.

I finished out the round but didn’t give a run back. I wasn’t about to play 180 seconds of that nonsense again. I have no idea how to black list someone and I’ve wanted to do it to a couple of people 3,000 miles away from me. Sometimes I watch Vesper and he tends to black list almost anyone who had a bad connection. I’m curious to know how big his list is.

This is for @Swing even though he may have switched mains.

That's understandable though it's not the other player's fault that the matchmaking is ass.

I only saw part of that earlier. I got past the part where the idiot troll compared Cammy to Menat, lol. At least Menat takes some skill unlike braindead Cammy.

Back