STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

They should reduce the whiff on command grabs back to season 1. They were fine in terms of being punishable before.

E. Honda has to show up, he's the last original missing, right?

Changes......buff my grappler's lol

I want to see changes that brings out more characters to the top that we don't see often (Vega and Alex coming up would be great)

I agree, as much as I hate fighting a solid Gief, he should be reverted back to his S2 iteration. I also wouldn’t mind giving him Green Hand, especially now that Abigail has currently made him obsolete. Either green hand or buff his forward knee somehow.

I would honestly be surprised if Honda didn’t make the cut. He’s the last man standing and his bath house stage is a must. I believe we’re only missing Ken’s, Blanka’s and Honda’s stages.

@Swing here is Automattocks working Sagat Guide. He did one for Cody and I found it extremely useful.

Gief's horizontal kick parry is one of the strangest buffs I can think of. I've played Cammy, Cody, and Sagat. I spammed medium kick with all of them, and not a single Gief player has ever pulled that counter off on me (at least not that I remember). I remember a guy who tried to, but it's just not practical. I think he's better off spamming jab at that range or committing to the jump in.

@Swing here is Automattocks working Sagat Guide. He did one for Cody and I found it extremely useful.

I've been watching his channel a lot lately. I'll check the guide out as it probably spells out a few things that I'm not aware of.

I'm still stuck outside of gold, although I've taken games off a couple of 5k players. It's just the guys who play at weird ranges that tend to give me trouble. Or they just commit to spamming lots of buttons and I can't figure out a range to get counter hit. Still, I'm dropping less and less when I do start losing and can still fix up some basic execution issues.

Right now I have this weird issue where I'm starting to press cr. mp too early so instead of (mp. > cr. mp. > hp. dp) I'm getting cr. mp > cr. hp.

I've been watching his channel a lot lately. I'll check the guide out as it probably spells out a few things that I'm not aware of.

I'm still stuck outside of gold, although I've taken games off a couple of 5k players. It's just the guys who play at weird ranges that tend to give me trouble. Or they just commit to spamming lots of buttons and I can't figure out a range to get counter hit. Still, I'm dropping less and less when I do start losing and can still fix up some basic execution issues.

Right now I have this weird issue where I'm starting to press cr. mp too early so instead of (mp. > cr. mp. > hp. dp) I'm getting cr. mp > cr. hp.

He’s really good at explaining concepts. I haven’t read the guide yet, but definitely will tonight just to get a high level overview of how Sagat’s supposed to be played.

I’m finding my button execution errors myself but my biggest struggle is hit-confirming. I do pretty well with the dummy set to random in training but I drop a ton of damage in real sets because I don’t confirm into a combo. It sucks, but you have to learn to spot when something hits to level up.

Gief's horizontal kick parry is one of the strangest buffs I can think of. I've played Cammy, Cody, and Sagat. I spammed medium kick with all of them, and not a single Gief player has ever pulled that counter off on me (at least not that I remember). I remember a guy who tried to, but it's just not practical. I think he's better off spamming jab at that range or committing to the jump in.

Not just that.... It sometimes is an accidental input. The only time I actually got that party to work was when I was trying to input an SPD. Funny thing was it ended the match and I was like fuck yeah.... Total fluke.

But I've lost almost all interest in the game since they made Zangief shit.

Not just that.... It sometimes is an accidental input. The only time I actually got that party to work was when I was trying to input an SPD. Funny thing was it ended the match and I was like fuck yeah.... Total fluke.

But I've lost almost all interest in the game since they made Zangief shit.
It really sucks that so many of the series' mainstays are so weak in season 3. Ryu, Gief, Vega all being low tier really alienates a big chunk of character loyalists. I know a lot of people also think Sagat is weak; I'm too scrubby to really be able to tell. I think he's fine but has a few rough match ups.

Last edited:
It really sucks that so many of the series' mainstays are so weak in season 3. Ryu, Gief, Vega all being low tier really alienates a big chunk of character loyalists. I know a lot of people also think Sagat is weak; I'm too scrubby to really be able to tell. I think he's fine but has a few rough match ups.

That’s why I think the model of balancing the game twice a year needs to be looked at. Not only is it boring to spectators to see the same 5 characters in top 16, but it hurts the player base. Like you said, we’re not at Diamond level and beyond so the balancing means little to us but even at our level we can sometimes see the differences.

I thought this was Vespers best balance change video to date. He clearly says that Guile should be a model to use to bring others up to his level. Don’t nerf (except Akumas b+HP) but bring the cast up. If they could incrementally give balance updates through the year they can fine tune things as they see fit.

Hey guys, running a Battle Lounge tonight starting around 5:30pm PST. I'll be on my PS4 acct. If I see you on, I'll shoot you an invite.

What changes are you hoping for in S4?

Here’s mine:

NERFS:

Nerf Akuma and Cammy’s b+HP. They already have DPs, force the players to use them. Akuma’s leads into a 3-hit FB or demon flip xx cr.HP CC Oki (arguably the best CC in the game).

Nerf Guile’s normals. Is he a Zoner or Rushdown? Pick one.

BUFFS:

Buff Ryu, Juri VT.
Buff Juri to full stock before match start
Buff Alex so he gets better Oki
Buff Vega’s VR and normals
Buff Gief to S2
Buff Nash to S1
Buff Ryu to S1 (no inv dps, but buff his cr.mk to hado so it’s a true block string and his f+throw range + jp.lk).
Buff Sagat’s walkspeed + normals and give his VT FB pushback to full screen x3.
Buff Falke (but be careful, she could be a pain)
Buff YZ lp Hozanto for better AA
Buff YZ EX-Run Stop to +1
Buff OZ confirm st.lk > lk teki without CH
Buff Cody regular Zonk (projectile inv like Rogs TAP)
Buff Ed VT2 (possibly an OH in VT2 only?)

I’m sure I’m missing some but those are off the top of my head.

<Goldie11>

I thought this was Vespers best balance change video to date. He clearly says that Guile should be a model to use to bring others up to his level. Don’t nerf (except Akumas b+HP) but bring the cast up. If they could incrementally give balance updates through the year they can fine tune things as they see fit.

Didn't watch, but it won't happen. Capcom has a history of over buff or over nerf.

Looks like I’m heading back to Metro City

So you said that Capcom is going to buff Cody's Bad Spray (sand throw) in the next update? In SFA3, it dizzied your opponent if it connected; I'm really disappointed with his move sets in SFV. He could really use a buff right now.

Traveling for Thanksgiving so of course I figured I should play some first because I want to get all worked up and not be able to sleep! I went back to PS4 just to see how it compares. The game itself feels way worse, but I think online is actually better. At the very least, I don't notice anywhere near as much roll back. I'm a little below where I'm at on my PC account, but not by much.

Also, nothing feels as good as completely shutting down somebody who takes the first game off you. Just getting all the right reads and punishing them for it two in a row is great. Granted, that's more about the player's predictability than me, but it's not something I ever really did with Cammy. I mean I'd adapt, but mostly I just switched up air timings to start pressure.

So you said that Capcom is going to buff Cody's Bad Spray (sand throw) in the next update? In SFA3, it dizzied your opponent if it connected; I'm really disappointed with his move sets in SFV. He could really use a buff right now.

If they did buff it they’d just have to remove the CC state. It’s already a 3f so if it lands you can still punish. If anything I’d give his regular Zonk Balrog’s TAP properties or at least make his ex zonk have hit of armor.

I think some of his normal frames should be looked at but his biggest problems are zoners. He has a very hard time getting in because he has nothing to get around them like 99% of the cast does. The Cody / Menat MU might be one of the most lopsided.

Traveling for Thanksgiving so of course I figured I should play some first because I want to get all worked up and not be able to sleep! I went back to PS4 just to see how it compares. The game itself feels way worse, but I think online is actually better. At the very least, I don't notice anywhere near as much roll back. I'm a little below where I'm at on my PC account, but not by much.

Also, nothing feels as good as completely shutting down somebody who takes the first game off you. Just getting all the right reads and punishing them for it two in a row is great. Granted, that's more about the player's predictability than me, but it's not something I ever really did with Cammy. I mean I'd adapt, but mostly I just switched up air timings to start pressure.

Have you tried this out?

Back