STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Heh. I think playing on pad gave me a bone spur on the middle joint of my middle finger. Back to stick!

Last edited:
Ken looks so much better in SMASH than he does in SFV, it's ridiculous. And is that a grappler in Smash? I might have to try this out...

watch

Last edited:
Haha Ken looks great in that game. What were the SFV artists thinking lol.

The more I play different characters in SFV the more I realize how bad my meatys are and that I don’t know anyone else’s.

For example, if I do st.mk > st.mp x qcf lk and dash up I’m only +1 but if I finish with qcf mk I’m +2. It makes a world of difference when you don’t have a 3-frame cr jab because I’ll lose to the 3-frame if I dash up after the lk but I can get a frame trap in after the mk.

So knowing the frame data your opponent has after they land a combo and dash in is vital because you’ll know if you can wake up jab or mp. Hard things to remember but only memorizing a few of your own should get you far. But after those then come the frame kills and those are an added layer of meatys.

Those were great vids. Daigo is on another level. His meter build and DPs were fantastic.

Hit Super Gold with Zeku. Probably the fastest character to do it with. Hope Ultra Gold is coming up next. Need to work on my delay tech.

Lol, I can see he's a great fit for you. I've been playing G in ranked and dropped 2500 BP in the process. Growing pains...

Lol, I can see he's a great fit for you. I've been playing G in ranked and dropped 2500 BP in the process. Growing pains...

He’s like a mix of zoner + rush down. I’m still terrible with his run stop stuff and I’m not utilizing either of his fierce crush counters at all. I know Pnoy likes to mess around with him so hopefully I’ll get some pointers next Friday. Have fun at TTF tonight. If Cory is there, ask him about meatys with Ed. When you’re + or - after a combo. Really helpful stuff to know. Also, Richard is playing in BCF tomorrow night starting at 6pm, FYI. WNF Vs NLBC. Should be good.

I think Lil Evil won this weeks WNF so it should be a good match. Bummer ‘The Best Zeku’ isn’t there lol. His run at NLBC this week was fantastic.

So I hit my all time high points today capped at 7340. Almost to that Platinum. Still making a lot of dumb mistakes and not capitalizing on light confirms but I can also tell I’m getting better. Especially with blocking, v-reversals and interrupts. It’s been a hell of a ride but my goal was to hit Plat by EOY and it looks like I’m creeping closer and closer.

I think Lil Evil won this weeks WNF so it should be a good match. Bummer ‘The Best Zeku’ isn’t there lol. His run at NLBC this week was fantastic.

This ended up being a stomp for WNF. Final Score was 5-2.

Got smoked today, back down to Super Gold. Played Flash’s Urien like 5 times and took a few rounds but he wion ever match.

Scratch that, took out his 45 game winning streak. He downloaded Zeku right after that lol. But still it was like 7-1.

Got smoked today, back down to Super Gold. Played Flash’s Urien like 5 times and took a few rounds but he wion ever match.
Back from Los Angeles. Good God, I despise that place.

Keep at it, dude. I'm sure you're going to reach Platinum status before the end of the year. He's a natural fit for you. Ditch Cody; he's plays too slow and is a bit too predictable to me. Plus Zeku's got flashier combos and nice juggle setups as well.

I'm still going at it with G at the moment, been practicing his hit confirms and AA like a motherfucker. Lulz, I recovered my points with Ed on ranked and got back up to Gold, only to bump down again to Ultra Silver once I felt confident enough to play with G. Nonetheless, I've been winning more matches with him lately so I've got that going for me.

Back from Los Angeles. Good God, I despise that place.

Keep at it, dude. I'm sure you're going to reach Platinum status before the end of the year. He's a natural fit for you. Ditch Cody; he's plays too slow and is a bit too predictable to me. Plus Zeku's got flashier combos and nice juggle setups as well.

I'm still going at it with G at the moment, been practicing his hit confirms and AA like a motherfucker. Lulz, I recovered my points with Ed on ranked and got back up to Gold, only to bump down again to Ultra Silver once I felt confident enough to play with G. Nonetheless, I've been winning more matches with him lately so I've got that going for me.

We’ll see, ha. It looks as though I’m still the gate keeper for Gold / Super Gold. I end up going on some decent runs, but will get lazy and lose a set to an opponent I end up beating 2-1. In order to rank up you have to keep those 2-0’s on point. I hit a 10 game winning streak and it fell apart after I ran into a Plat Abigail. I find him and Menat almost unplayable. The Cody / Menat matchup is much worse than the Zeku / Menat, but I feel Cody does a better job against Abigail. I’ll keep Cody as my pocket from here because Zeku is just so much fun.

I feel like with G if you can keep your AA’s (double hit) on point, use his FB effectively and stay out of the corner until you can pop your V-Trig you should be fine. Learning his full damage combo after a confirm into V-Trigger is probably one of the most important parts of his game because he’s a robbery character.

If anyone is interested in getting some games in tonight, myself and @Thunderhead will be running a battle lounge. Not sure what time exactly but maybe around 5-8 (somewhere in there). If you see me on shoot me an invite and then I’ll shoot you one over.

If anyone is interested in getting some games in tonight, myself and @Thunderhead will be running a battle lounge. Not sure what time exactly but maybe around 5-8 (somewhere in there). If you see me on shoot me an invite and then I’ll shoot you one over.

I'll be there around 8ish Pacific after training and grocery shopping. I hope you folks on the East Coast are night owls like me.

We’ll see, ha. It looks as though I’m still the gate keeper for Gold / Super Gold. I end up going on some decent runs, but will get lazy and lose a set to an opponent I end up beating 2-1. In order to rank up you have to keep those 2-0’s on point. I hit a 10 game winning streak and it fell apart after I ran into a Plat Abigail. I find him and Menat almost unplayable. The Cody / Menat matchup is much worse than the Zeku / Menat, but I feel Cody does a better job against Abigail. I’ll keep Cody as my pocket from here because Zeku is just so much fun.

I feel like with G if you can keep your AA’s (double hit) on point, use his FB effectively and stay out of the corner until you can pop your V-Trig you should be fine. Learning his full damage combo after a confirm into V-Trigger is probably one of the most important parts of his game because he’s a robbery character.

Against Menat, I go aggressive as hell and always close the distance after she releases her orb. I pressure her with with 3 frame footsies and setups, grab, or snatcher with Ed. As for Abigail, I I prefer to keep my distance against him and throw projectiles until I can bait him into a jump or one of his stupid charging moves. His focus attack like moves can be easily countered with my EX Psycho Upper, so I try to conserve my meter against him as much as possible. God, I fucking hate that big robot looking behemoth motherfucker.

Against Menat, I go aggressive as hell and always close the distance after she releases her orb. I pressure her with with 3 frame footsies and setups, grab, or snatcher with Ed. As for Abigail, I I prefer to keep my distance against him and throw projectiles until I can bait him into a jump or one of his stupid charging moves. His focus attack like moves can be easily countered with my EX Psycho Upper, so I try to conserve my meter against him as much as possible. God, I fucking hate that big robot looking behemoth motherfucker.

That’s funny because I try to do the same thing against those two. If a Menat wants to play keep away, then it becomes much harder. If she’s overly aggressive then I can AA her and slow down the match. I do the same thing with Abigail. I get him to jump and AA him and then he ends up charging and I’ll do a DP. It’s when I make a few mistakes and he pushes me into the corner when it becomes a nightmare. Even with an INV DP, the push back is so small that he’s in my face in just a few seconds. They buffed Guiles EX-Flash Kick by launching the opponent full screen if it connects. Blows my mind considering he’s a hybrid of rush down and zoner. As someone mentioned on r/SF, Guile is more than likely a happy mistake by Capcom. They designed him not knowing how powerful he would be. Also, trying to cross up a fully loaded Abigail isn’t the smartest of options. His dash punch xx CA is too strong.

One thing Sagat is doing for me is forcing me to actually read my opponent. I'm suddenly beating Ibuki almost as often as she beats me.

It's funny that this never really occurred to me before, but shuriken > frame trap > side switch isn't actually a mixup just because sometimes the Ibuki jumps and other times decides to command dash. Either way you just block in the other direction.

Also, I have this bad habit that I just can't seem to fix. I was jumping a lot tonight (luckily I wasn't getting punished for it), but it's actually not that hard to apply pressure with Sagat. It's not going to lead to much, but I should just end every block string with low fireball. I really need to start doing it more often because I already fish with crouching medium punch. Then I can just wait to anti-air, catch the dash, or space a tiger knee and get in.

My hands never want to do it in a match though. At least my combos are getting almost reliable, which I was a little worried about when switching back to stick. I think the contrast of dpad vs. square gate might have made me better at stick motions. It's like my brain is a tiny bit better about registering what my actual inputs are.

One thing Sagat is doing for me is forcing me to actually read my opponent. I'm suddenly beating Ibuki almost as often as she beats me.

It's funny that this never really occurred to me before, but shuriken > frame trap > side switch isn't actually a mixup just because sometimes the Ibuki jumps and other times decides to command dash. Either way you just block in the other direction.

Also, I have this bad habit that I just can't seem to fix. I was jumping a lot tonight (luckily I wasn't getting punished for it), but it's actually not that hard to apply pressure with Sagat. It's not going to lead to much, but I should just end every block string with low fireball. I really need to start doing it more often because I already fish with crouching medium punch. Then I can just wait to anti-air, catch the dash, or space a tiger knee and get in.

My hands never want to do it in a match though. At least my combos are getting almost reliable, which I was a little worried about when switching back to stick. I think the contrast of dpad vs. square gate might have made me better at stick motions. It's like my brain is a tiny bit better about registering what my actual inputs are.

Yea, Ibuki’s dash isn’t real so you can mash jab out of it. I’m not sure what her frame data is when she dashes in though. I know that Zeku is left at -2 unless he cancels a st.hp ex-dash and then he’s +1. There may be other scenarios, but that’s the only one I know of that leaves him at +1.

One thing I’ve noticed is that Sagat’s like to mix up their block strings ending in low fireball or tiger knee. Depending on the push back tiger knee might be a better choice because it could leave you in + frames to hit a tiger undercut or to snag a frame trap into fireball. He has a great tool for meeting people in the air that I think causes a hard knock down. How far along are you with his kara’s? I’ve been getting much better with my DP’s with Zeku and it’s played a big role in my game plan. If you can lock people out zoning and keep them at bay with AA’s your rush down to close it out could be a lot more efffective.

Yea, Ibuki’s dash isn’t real so you can mash jab out of it. I’m not sure what her frame data is when she dashes in though. I know that Zeku is left at -2 unless he cancels a st.hp ex-dash and then he’s +1. There may be other scenarios, but that’s the only one I know of that leaves him at +1.

One thing I’ve noticed is that Sagat’s like to mix up their block strings ending in low fireball or tiger knee. Depending on the push back tiger knee might be a better choice because it could leave you in + frames to hit a tiger undercut or to snag a frame trap into fireball. He has a great tool for meeting people in the air that I think causes a hard knock down. How far along are you with his kara’s? I’ve been getting much better with my DP’s with Zeku and it’s played a big role in my game plan. If you can lock people out zoning and keep them at bay with AA’s your rush down to close it out could be a lot more efffective.
I can hit his karas pretty regularly in combos. I don't really use them to gain space though.

Back