STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Haha Ken looks great in that game. What were the SFV artists thinking lol.

The graphics in SFV are fine, imo, but Ken's design was pretty bad. The face, the shit on his head that's supposed to be hair, it needed/needs some work. If they can fix this:

chun-li-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.jpg

They can fix Ken.

@Crimson Fury yea, that was by far the worst in recent memory.

Anyone have any guesses for S4?

My guess is Rose, C.Viper, Oro, Sodom, E. Ryu and E. Honda with Gill coming as a Boss.

I would think Urien getting the Gill costume would kill any chance of the real Gill appearing in the game.

E. Ryu would piss off a lot of fans when there's already 4-5 other shoto type characters.

I would think Urien getting the Gill costume would kill any chance of the real Gill appearing in the game.

E. Ryu would piss off a lot of fans when there's already 4-5 other shoto type characters.

They're my biggest long shots but E. Ryu has been hinted at more than once and there has to be a second boss if general story vol. 2 is dropped. They showed Gill in the last one, so unless it's 'G' or someone new, it might be him.

They're my biggest long shots but E. Ryu has been hinted at more than once and there has to be a second boss if general story vol. 2 is dropped. They showed Gill in the last one, so unless it's 'G' or someone new, it might be him.
I'm sort of surprised they didn't just make E. Ryu Ryu's second vtrigger.

I haven't watch any SFV videos in a while, but I saw part of Red Bull Conquest today. Great match between Gunfight and AngryBird.

I haven't watch any SFV videos in a while, but I saw part of Red Bull Conquest today. Great match between Gunfight and AngryBird.

This was a very fun match to watch. Gives me a lot to work on with Zeku. AngryBirds switches are so on point and his YZ run stops are great. Even if it’s -2. Need to work on it with YZ’s st fierce but the spacing is kind of odd.

Ok, I have to revisit my S4 list. No way is Capcom doing another S1 all legacy. I’m guessing that they’ll add 2 new characters (hopefully the Gorilla and Rashid’s bud and not a Doll). I’m also going to stick with X-Kira’s leaks. So…in no particular order Rose, C.Viper, Oro, E. Ryu, New, New. Obviously E. Ryu is my long shot but if I could replace him it would be Fei Long or E. Honda. E. Ryu could have been a dope V-Trigger for Ryu but they totally missed the mark on that one.

What changes are you hoping for in S4?

Here’s mine:

NERFS:

Nerf Akuma and Cammy’s b+HP. They already have DPs, force the players to use them. Akuma’s leads into a 3-hit FB or demon flip xx cr.HP CC Oki (arguably the best CC in the game).

Nerf Guile’s normals. Is he a Zoner or Rushdown? Pick one.

BUFFS:

Buff Ryu, Juri VT.
Buff Juri to full stock before match start
Buff Alex so he gets better Oki
Buff Vega’s VR and normals
Buff Gief to S2
Buff Nash to S1
Buff Ryu to S1 (no inv dps, but buff his cr.mk to hado so it’s a true block string and his f+throw range + jp.lk).
Buff Sagat’s walkspeed + normals and give his VT FB pushback to full screen x3.
Buff Falke (but be careful, she could be a pain)
Buff YZ lp Hozanto for better AA
Buff YZ EX-Run Stop to +1
Buff OZ confirm st.lk > lk teki without CH
Buff Cody regular Zonk (projectile inv like Rogs TAP)
Buff Ed VT2 (possibly an OH in VT2 only?)

I’m sure I’m missing some but those are off the top of my head.

They might be afraid to buff Sagat. Capcom admitted that he was too strong in Vanilla SF4 and he was stupid good in ST and CVS2. Those were not good times.

They might be afraid to buff Sagat. Capcom admitted that he was too strong in Vanilla SF4 and he was stupid good in ST and CVS2. Those were not good times.

Even in this iteration, Sagat is an absolute nightmare for Zeku. His long normals do a really good job keeping him out and Zeku has to really rely on gimmicks to get inside. I agree though. I hope they don't turn him into rushdown Sagat ala Guile. I really think he needs some minor changes. He should be a brick wall and it's his fault if he lets someone in. One the main complaints is that once he's low on health he's pretty much done. Which to me is fine if he's exceptionally good at zoning. Maybe the walk speed is fine without buffing the normals, but a full screen pushback like Guiles EX-flashkick is fine by me, especially since he only gets two.

Even in this iteration, Sagat is an absolute nightmare for Zeku. His long normals do a really good job keeping him out and Zeku has to really rely on gimmicks to get inside. I agree though. I hope they don't turn him into rushdown Sagat ala Guile. I really think he needs some minor changes. He should be a brick wall and it's his fault if he lets someone in. One the main complaints is that once he's low on health he's pretty much done. Which to me is fine if he's exceptionally good at zoning. Maybe the walk speed is fine without buffing the normals, but a full screen pushback like Guiles EX-flashkick is fine by me, especially since he only gets two.

That's why they have to be careful when buffing the character. He was soft banned in ST for a reason. A completely different game of course, but he's been crazy good in other games too.

That's why they have to be careful when buffing the character. He was soft banned in ST for a reason. A completely different game of course, but he's been crazy good in other games too.

He’s definitely scary to play against now. I watched the Bonchan V Pnoy match in SFIV the other day (SCR?). That one was great.

Here are Vespers ideas from the vid. He clearly said not all of these, but maybe a few.

Increase damage and stun on DP or more push back so you can get your V-Skill.
Give V-Gauge for V-Skill use. Or, give more ways to get V-Skill or make it faster.
Make Tiger Knee Faster and + oB. Make EX -1.
Either make normals faster or up the damage.
Bring dash down to -18
Give Tiger Cannon 3 shots instead of two.

I wouldn’t do all of those because he would totally be OP, but some of them might help.

He’s definitely scary to play against now. I watched the Bonchan V Pnoy match in SFIV the other day (SCR?). That one was great.

Here are Vespers ideas from the vid. He clearly said not all of these, but maybe a few.

Increase damage and stun on DP or more push back so you can get your V-Skill.
Give V-Gauge for V-Skill use. Or, give more ways to get V-Skill or make it faster.
Make Tiger Knee Faster and + oB. Make EX -1.
Either make normals faster or up the damage.
Bring dash down to -18
Give Tiger Cannon 3 shots instead of two.

I wouldn’t do all of those because he would totally be OP, but some of them might help.
I'd like lp dp to do a better job of covering the back of his head, but I think increased push back on VT FB would be good too. That way it's actually got a different use than VT2. Right now they're both too similar, and the only reason to pick VT1 is if you want to be able to negate another characters zoning (like ED's VT1).

I'd like lp dp to do a better job of covering the back of his head, but I think increased push back on VT FB would be good too. That way it's actually got a different use than VT2. Right now they're both too similar, and the only reason to pick VT1 is if you want to be able to negate another characters zoning (like ED's VT1).

Outside of the corner, does it give you any Oki?

It’s also kind of a catch-22. In some instances it would be very useful for a full screen pushback, especially for 2 bars. In others, it could be pretty bad if you don’t have the life lead and have to press forward.

This is Capcom’s fault making a game centered on offense. When you have a Zoner whose main gameplay is to defensively zone, Capcom has to turn them into rushdown’s for the desired ‘comback’ mechanic once they’ve lost the life lead. Then they become good at both.

Outside of the corner, does it give you any Oki?

It’s also kind of a catch-22. In some instances it would be very useful for a full screen pushback, especially for 2 bars. In others, it could be pretty bad if you don’t have the life lead and have to press forward.

This is Capcom’s fault making a game centered on offense. When you have a Zoner whose main gameplay is to defensively zone, Capcom has to turn them into rushdown’s for the desired ‘comback’ mechanic once they’ve lost the life lead. Then they become good at both.
I don't know about oki; I've been practicing VT2 so I'm not sure on VT1 ranges, but I think if you can cancel into VT1 off standing fierce (at any range) you can hit kara dp. So you might get some oki off kara knee if it hits. I'm not sure if it does or not.

I think losing VT1 as a combo extender outside of the corner is sort of a good thing, because it gives you the choice to play defensive versus picking VT2 if you want come back potential.

One reason that I finally decided to start messing with VT2 is because I realized that I was using VT1 almost the same way that I would use VT2 anyway. St. HP -> activate -> st. hp -> VT Fb -> kara dp. With VT2 it's almost the same sequence: st. hp -> activate -> st. hp -> forward VT -> VT -> kara dp (I know you can get kara ex knee instead of dp and that pretty much should corner the opponent from anywhere). I also like having an extra activation to use as a clutch anti-air.

I don't know about oki; I've been practicing VT2 so I'm not sure on VT1 ranges, but I think if you can cancel into VT1 off standing fierce (at any range) you can hit kara dp. So you might get some oki off kara knee if it hits. I'm not sure if it does or not.

I think losing VT1 as a combo extender outside of the corner is sort of a good thing, because it gives you the choice to play defensive versus picking VT2 if you want come back potential.

One reason that I finally decided to start messing with VT2 is because I realized that I was using VT1 almost the same way that I would use VT2 anyway. St. HP -> activate -> st. hp -> VT Fb -> kara dp. With VT2 it's almost the same sequence: st. hp -> activate -> st. hp -> forward VT -> VT -> kara dp (I know you can get kara ex knee instead of dp and that pretty much should corner the opponent from anywhere). I also like having an extra activation to use as a clutch anti-air.

True, but you lose the option to cancel into CA. I asked Vesper about it and he said he would actually prefer the EX-Tiger Uppercut to push back full screen instead of the cannon but give the cannon 3 FB’s instead of two since it is a 3-bar VT. I think I agree with him. Not only because it saves your CA cancel, but the push back can happen at least 4x’s a match depending on your meter build.

E. Honda has to show up, he's the last original missing, right?

Changes......buff my grappler's lol

I want to see changes that brings out more characters to the top that we don't see often (Vega and Alex coming up would be great)

Back