STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Yea, I only messed with him a few minutes. So I have no idea yet, but we’ll see. Gg’s.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132489

Following Sagat's release, we have discovered a bug for Sagat that has a fairly significant impact on battle. We are planning to implement a bug fix at the end of August.

■ Bug Content
Currently, Sagat's M Tiger Uppercut (Normal/V-Skill) has complete invincibility from active frames 3F-7F.

■ Bug Fix
This will be changed to M Tiger Uppercut having attack and projectile invincibility from active frames 3F - 7F.

No wonder I was able to stop a lot of your attacks with MP DP, lol.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132489

Following Sagat's release, we have discovered a bug for Sagat that has a fairly significant impact on battle. We are planning to implement a bug fix at the end of August.

■ Bug Content
Currently, Sagat's M Tiger Uppercut (Normal/V-Skill) has complete invincibility from active frames 3F-7F.

■ Bug Fix
This will be changed to M Tiger Uppercut having attack and projectile invincibility from active frames 3F - 7F.

No wonder I was able to stop a lot of your attacks with MP DP, lol.

Ha, I was wondering what was going on. It was happening later that night as well. S1 Ryu confirmed.

I have to say, G might be the cheapest character released in a very long time. His lvl 3 Presidential is essentially non-metered, metered specials. And then to top it off his VT puts him into lvl 3 automatically. He doesn’t really have many defensive options outside of his v-skill and decent v-reversal, but his stun and damage is insane. Even at lvl 1 & 2 he becomes a handful to deal with. It seems as he levels up his specials not only become stronger but they become much quicker. If he bullies you into the corner with meter, you’re pretty much toast on hit.

I’ll give him a shot soon, but man Cody is really fun to play.

Ha, I was wondering what was going on. It was happening later that night as well. S1 Ryu confirmed.

Lol, that's not gonna happen. They'll fix his MP DP and probably some other things that don't need fixing.

Damn, Sagat’s pretty rough. I’m working his Kara’s and I can do his mk pretty consistently (in practice) but I’m having a hard time with his hk version. Not only that but he feels incredibly slow and clunky. I started a new Acct. just to see how far I can get with him.

Damn, Sagat’s pretty rough. I’m working his Kara’s and I can do his mk pretty consistently (in practice) but I’m having a hard time with his hk version. Not only that but he feels incredibly slow and clunky. I started a new Acct. just to see how far I can get with him.

Yep, that's what everyone says about him. Haven't touch the game since we played though the last time was because Tekken pissed me off, lol.

Yep, that's what everyone says about him. Haven't touch the game since we played though the last time was because Tekken pissed me off, lol.

Sagat has to be my worst character by far. I was getting school by Bronzes today. Wasn’t free, but I wasn’t proud. Got to Super Silver and ended the night.

So far my thoughts are that he doesn’t have many combo routes at all. His st.lk should reach further, his st.hk should hit grounded opponents and the recovery on his dash needs to be tuned down big time. I dashed in several times and it felt like I was stuck in the mud. I got punished more than once because of that. You can also forget about his sweep, it’s non-existent. I can’t even think of a time you’d use it.

His st.hk is easily punished by a sweep. So much so you can see it coming from a mile away. Using his st.lp > st.lk combo is great for defending against cross-ups once they land. If you’re looking to meaty his st.mp > cr.mp is probably the better one.

Only used VT1 tonight and I liked it as a combo extender. A .jp.hk > st.hk > cr.mp > EXFB > VT > EX Tiger Knee is like 355 damage.

Learn the Kara, you’ll need it. Practice the Tiger Knee combos as well because it pushes the opponent away from you. Don’t be afraid to fireball.

Overall, my day 2 Sagat has left me very frustrated.

His standing HK is a good anti-air and you can juggle after a CC.

And I've been using Kara since 3S which was much harder, lol. :p It was one of the better things Q had going for him, imo.

His standing HK is a good anti-air and you can juggle after a CC.

And I've been using Kara since 3S which was much harder, lol. :p It was one of the better things Q had going for him, imo.

Yea, it’s got good range and at some distances you have to kara for the follow up. I’m still getting used to his normals. His st.hp also has decent range.

You’ve played fighting games for years, I just got back into them in 2016. I figured you’d know how to do it already.

Sagat is oddly difficult execution wise to my mind. There's nothing that seems like it should be hard to input, but fireballs keep coming out in place of knees and dps. I was getting better in training mode though, so I guess I just need to tighten up my timing.

He's weird (for this game), but I like him. Gonna grind some more combos before I take him into ranked. I'm trying to figure out the reason for his st. Hp. It's just kinda slow and I'm not sure what to get off it.

I'm also running VT1. I'm a little disappointed that he doesn't get more off an activation. I might try out VT2 instead.

Sagat is oddly difficult execution wise to my mind. There's nothing that seems like it should be hard to input, but fireballs keep coming out in place of knees and dps. I was getting better in training mode though, so I guess I just need to tighten up my timing.

He's weird (for this game), but I like him. Gonna grind some more combos before I take him into ranked. I'm trying to figure out the reason for his st. Hp. It's just kinda slow and I'm not sure what to get off it.

I'm also running VT1. I'm a little disappointed that he doesn't get more off an activation. I might try out VT2 instead.

Exactly how I feel playing him. He’s essentially a shoto, but still very difficult to play. @Crimson Fury seemed pretty good with him though.

When new characters come out I have an interest in, I usually tune into Vesper’s twitch. He is so good using characters right off the bat. He can pick up just about anyone in the cast and be decent with them.

That said, it looked it vesper was using the st.hp to keep distance, but he may have been using it to space a mk.tiger knee. He was definitely playing an offensive Sagat though.

Battle Lounge Today/Night starting around 4:30. I’ll be on PC and I’ll send an invite if I see you on.

Oh and on a side note, do not start a fireball war against G’s V-Skill. It’s incredibly fast and you’ll get one hit in VS his 10 and he’ll level up twice a round. BS!

Yea, it’s got good range and at some distances you have to kara for the follow up. I’m still getting used to his normals. His st.hp also has decent range.

You’ve played fighting games for years, I just got back into them in 2016. I figured you’d know how to do it already.

Yeah, I don't think his st. hp is that bad either, but yeah his normals aren't like they were in the past. Maybe Capcom didn't want Sagat running over everyone like in Vanilla SF4. Doesn't bother me since I never cared for Sagat, heh.

I might be on later, but there's some Tekken shit I'm trying to learn.

I think I'm just having a tough time getting used to his cr. mp. Every other character that I've played has been more plus. Cody and Cammy are both +5 on hit, and Sagat is only +3. I didn't realize I'd have that much trouble with a 2 frame difference, but I can't even reliably get dp to come out from the player 2 side. Just have to work at it I guess.

I noticed the difference when I practiced his jab combos, which are very easy by comparison. Standing jab is +5 on hit.

I think I'm just having a tough time getting used to his cr. mp. Every other character that I've played has been more plus. Cody and Cammy are both +5 on hit, and Sagat is only +3. I didn't realize I'd have that much trouble with a 2 frame difference, but I can't even reliably get dp to come out from the player 2 side. Just have to work at it I guess.

I noticed the difference when I practiced his jab combos, which are very easy by comparison. Standing jab is +5 on hit.

Cr.mp > Tiger Knee is very hard for me to hit consistently. Usually the CA pops out of nowhere. It’s all just reputations now.

Playing around today I found out that Sagat’s st.hp is VT cancellable. It also links into st.mp, st.lp & st.lk. So to me, this means it’s a decent meaty on slow rise. But you should know the distance that you’re using it. The st.lk reachers further than the st.lp, so I’d use that for DP and Knee’s finishes.

Cr.mp > Tiger Knee is very hard for me to hit consistently. Usually the CA pops out of nowhere. It’s all just reputations now.

Playing around today I found out that Sagat’s st.hp is VT cancellable. It also links into st.mp, st.lp & st.lk. So to me, this means it’s a decent meaty on slow rise. But you should know the distance that you’re using it. The st.lk reachers further than the st.lp, so I’d use that for DP and Knee’s finishes.
Yeah I'm having the same problem with knees, although I'm pretty good with them on the Player 1 side now. His karas aren't too bad at least.

It just seems like I need to be a lot more precise with everything because there's input overlap with kicks/punches on both dps and fireballs. His trials were frustrating me so I figure I'll just practice bnbs in training mode for a while. Individually nothing is too hard, but I just can't reliably get the right commands out in a longer combo.

I'm pretty sure lk also does a bit more damage. I noticed the combo was doing like 10 more damage when I cancelled into dp from lk than with jab.

I'd really like to get okay with him because I like the idea of playing defensive instead of just looking for a knockdown and moving through a wheel of oki options.

Yeah I'm having the same problem with knees, although I'm pretty good with them on the Player 1 side now. His karas aren't too bad at least.

It just seems like I need to be a lot more precise with everything because there's input overlap with kicks/punches on both dps and fireballs. His trials were frustrating me so I figure I'll just practice bnbs in training mode for a while. Individually nothing is too hard, but I just can't reliably get the right commands out in a longer combo.

I'm pretty sure lk also does a bit more damage. I noticed the combo was doing like 10 more damage when I cancelled into dp from lk than with jab.

I'd really like to get okay with him because I like the idea of playing defensive instead of just looking for a knockdown and moving through a wheel of oki options.

Dude i can’t kara cancel for shit. There are so many things I see open with him I can’t even try because I’m garbage at it. Working the bnbs are always the best route. And playing live. I always practice for a little bit and then hit ranked. Or train with fight options on. You can learn all the moves in the world, but you need that match experience.

Something I found funny, So if you do a cr.lk cr.lp xx DP with is VS active you hit. But if you do cr.lk > cr.lp xx EXDP with VS active you miss. Weird.

In his VT2, f+hp+hk, you need to Kara cancel to the DP right? It has to link.

Dude i can’t kara cancel for shit. There are so many things I see open with him I can’t even try because I’m garbage at it. Working the bnbs are always the best route. And playing live. I always practice for a little bit and then hit ranked. Or train with fight options on. You can learn all the moves in the world, but you need that match experience.

Something I found funny, So if you do a cr.lk cr.lp xx DP with is VS active you hit. But if you do cr.lk > cr.lp xx EXDP with VS active you miss. Weird.

In his VT2, f+hp+hk, you need to Kara cancel to the DP right? It has to link.
Yesterday I only played for a bit and just tried to get motions off cr. mp down. I'll play around with VT 2 today if I can.

For the mk kara I wait just a bit before inputting dp, for the hk version I put it in almost instantly.

Last edited:
Back