STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

How? It's still every character is 1 of 2 arch types and the top tier are the best at either defending rushdown or neutralizing mix ups or the best at mixing up and rushing down. The neutral game in this game is still ass after 3 years. Stubby normals, no differences in like 80% of the cast when it comes to confirms and strings, jump in rewards are stupid high. Crush counter is still a problem because it yields to huge damage. The game is just trash.

This could be one way.
V-Custom: A mixture of SFEX2's Excel, SFA Rose's Soul Illusion, SSFIV Juri's Feng Shui Engine, SFIII Yang & Yun's Seiei Enbu and Genei Jin respectively, and it gives access to a new type of "SFIV Ultra Combo" / "SFEX2 Meteor Combo".

Could bring in new combo routes if it's actually something they'll implement, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I agree with most of what you said, but there's still plenty of time to fix the game. AE, IMO, is much better than Vanilla. Although S3 is probably the worst spectating season so far.

also big shout out to Jwong for taking dreamhack.
hes my favorite FCG clebreity!
I feel like he and NuckleDu are the only Americans we can actually count on to at least make it to Capcom Cup every year (qualifying-wise anyway). Hopefully his Menat takes him deeper into the bracket this time around.

There's still some time for other people to get in, of course, but the next American is Chris T in 27th and Punk is just barely hanging on in 32nd. My guess is they both need a top 2 finish at a premiere to guarantee a spot (I haven't done the math or anything).

Last edited:
theres a few american players i think are legit, but jwong is so clutch

Oh I'm a big Snake Eyez fan (for instance), but unless he turns up huge at SCR things are starting to look bleak. Season 3 has been rough for the US.

The US has really fallen behind. Kind of sucks, but still rooting for Du.

The US has really fallen behind. Kind of sucks, but still rooting for Du.
I think Du's continued level of success is remarkable just because he's got to be the US player with the biggest target on his back. Every top player knows they have to take him seriously. There are other great players who, after winning a premiere, start to look like they're declining a bit; my guess is that's because people start doing their homework on those guys. Du is in the same league as the best Japanese players: he can still get top 8 even when everyone is gunning for him.

I think Du's continued level of success is remarkable just because he's got to be the US player with the biggest target on his back. Every top player knows they have to take him seriously. There are other great players who, after winning a premiere, start to look like they're declining a bit; my guess is that's because people start doing their homework on those guys. Du is in the same league as the best Japanese players: he can still get top 8 even when everyone is gunning for him.

I agree, even with Justin winning that premiere I have Du as the best US player right now (and possibly since launch) Du to his consistency. I’m not a Guile or Mika fan, but I Du root for him because he seems like a cool dude.

Could you imagine a menu like that when playing online and how easy it would be to mess up lol.

I figured I'd try out PC again to see how it compares. Then I realized my account was still in gold and decided I didn't feel like getting whooped on all the way back into 2.4kish range, so I used the family share option to make a new CFN.

Overall, the game does feel better, but matches that are laggy feel way worse. I'm not sure if that's because of PC or the fact that there are probably a bunch of people with crappy connections in super bronze and rookie. Maybe I'll try to fight my way back to gold on both and see how it compares when I'm facing the same people. I definitely lost a couple of games because the roll back was so bad that I didn't have time to aa this Nash player. Maybe he was on wireless; it was one of those matches where you can't quite see what's going on because a lot of the frames just don't make it to the screen.

Other than that it felt mostly fine unless I was playing a spammy Ken, which is actually kind of a clue that they're mashing buttons which I figure means dp. The most positive part of the experience was that I finally clutched out a win with a dp into super combo, but it was against a 250 lp Mika who had me on the ropes. <45>

Last edited:
@Thunderhead
@SwamiLeoni

Have you guys seen this? What do you think about the topic of the change in gameplay mechanics?

It's a video that's always popped up on my recommended list. I just watched bits of it right now. As far as gameplay mechanics go, my biggest complaint is the unevenness of V-triggers and V-skills. The most maddening aspect about this is the fact that some characters have the ability to parry or focus attack (a la SFIV), while the rest don't. I mean, why does Ryu have the ability to do it, but the other shotos don't for example? Also, some characters have the ability to throw multiple projectiles with their V-Skill (Sagat, G, Urien), but guys Ed's 1st V-trigger is limited to one. And why do Abigail, Zangief, etc have focus attack-like specials whereas Ed's psycho knuckle (which doesn't even have an EX version) is easily vulnerable to counters?

Snake Eyez lucked out. Infiltration got DQ'd and Snake got to bypass him and is in top 32 winners.

Edit: He had to play the same number of matches but after he got past Human Bomb Infiltration would have been the only serious threat.

Commander Jesse sends Fudoh to losers with Sim.

It's a video that's always popped up on my recommended list. I just watched bits of it right now. As far as gameplay mechanics go, my biggest complaint is the unevenness of V-triggers and V-skills. The most maddening aspect about this is the fact that some characters have the ability to parry or focus attack (a la SFIV), while the rest don't. I mean, why does Ryu have the ability to do it, but the other shotos don't for example? Also, some characters have the ability to throw multiple projectiles with their V-Skill (Sagat, G, Urien), but guys Ed's 1st V-trigger is limited to one. And why do Abigail, Zangief, etc have focus attack-like specials whereas Ed's psycho knuckle (which doesn't even have an EX version) is easily vulnerable to counters?

I agree 100%. VT’s should have been better designed and should buff what the character lacks at. Capcom will have some originality (Cody’s pipe) but then suck with things like Vegas Rose. It shows with how fast they tried to push the product through. They had a second chance with VT2 and still botched some of them.

To be fair, Akuma’s Parry IMO, has much more versatility than Ryu’s.

Watched Tokido get knocked out. These Majors are pretty fun and I’d recommend them to anyone. Good times.

Watched Tokido get knocked out. These Majors are pretty fun and I’d recommend them to anyone. Good times.
I would have gone up there, if it weren't for the hairy traffic on the 15 and 10 on the weekends... Not to mention the goddamn lines at the border. One of these days, I'll have to plan a trip and probably crash at my mom's or friend's house in LA.

Have fun up there, NicroManiac

Another big upset. 801 Strider used G to beat Daigo.

Last edited:
I would have gone up there, if it weren't for the hairy traffic on the 15 and 10 on the weekends... Not to mention the goddamn lines at the border. One of these days, I'll have to plan a trip and probably crash at my mom's or friend's house in LA.

Have fun up there, NicroManiac
Completely off topic but how do you like SADM?

My dad has a place in Ensenada, and I might be moving down there to help him on a project.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Baja but it’s been a few years since I’ve been down there. Gonna be going back here pretty soon.

For a second, I thought the guy who gave Pnoy a hug on stream was a real life Abigail.

Cali is knocking down some big names.

Edit: Next match Chris T beats Fujimura.

Last edited:
Oh I'm a big Snake Eyez fan (for instance), but unless he turns up huge at SCR things are starting to look bleak. Season 3 has been rough for the US.
1 match away from top 8. *Fingers crossed*

Completely off topic but how do you like SADM?

My dad has a place in Ensenada, and I might be moving down there to help him on a project.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Baja but it’s been a few years since I’ve been down there. Gonna be going back here pretty soon.

I like it out here. I live in an isolated gated community by the Baja coast along the "cuota", which is the scenic route highway (similar to the PCH in CA, except it's not free and you have to pay the toll every 30-40 km or so). If you're familiar with Ensenada then I'm sure you're already familiar with this highway. There's certainly pros and cons of living in Baja California as a gringo (despite my "chino" features, Mexicans automatically identify me as a gringo due to my behavior). As a non-hispanic dude who grew up in Los Angeles and Orange County with lots of hispanic friends, I still had to go through the hurdle of getting used to the different culture and customs of Mexico. Despite that, I was able to pick up Spanish in Mexico quicker than I was able to in my old Puerto Rican neighborhood of Queens, NYC or Mexican neighborhood of LA. It was uncomfortable at first to live in a foreign area where I barely spoke a few words in Spanish at first, but I embrace discomfort anyways - I like to live life with challenges. As far as cons go, power and water shortages are frequent in my area and the internet (Infinitum, a subsidiary of Telmex/Telnor) sucks major balls. But then again, the bills are pennies compared to those in the US. Furthermore, most of the roads here are shit and in dire need of repairs - there's potholes everywhere and some of the streets are not paved at all, including the ones in my community. And the pinches topes (fucking speed bumps) are too tall and bumpy and get on my nerves every time I approach them.

Ensenada is a beautiful place and to be frank, I would have lived out there if it weren't for the distance to the border. It's about an hour and a half to the San Diego border whereas it takes 30-40 minutes to get there from where I am.

And on a different note, I just made Ultra Gold today:

dyoQzqa.jpg

Back