STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

I had an epiphany today, which is great except it's the sort of thing that I think is obvious to most players so I feel a bit dumb about taking so long to realize it.

High Tiger Shots are easy to duck to you can inch forward by ducking them, walking toward Sagat, and ducking again. But from the right range you can dp just about anybody who tries to jump over them. Low tiger shots are easy to deal with by jumping unless you get too close, and then the block stun on them makes jumping against Sagat a terrible idea.

So I should just spam High Tiger Shots until the other player gets close enough and then just switch to low tigers, push them back rinse and repeat. Obviously this doesn't work against Bison, Nash, or any of the characters that can slide under fireballs like Chun and Blanka. But I've noticed that even those characters are easier to manage if I start throwing low tigers in the range where they like to fish with buttons.

Now I really need to work on actually pushing forward with him. Most of my losses are against people who just charge forward. Putting those players on the defensive, even slightly, gives me time to think. The problem is I have no feel at all for whiff punishing with him.

Wha

What is extra battle mode?

You take on opponents of various strengths. Each time you beat them you get a piece of armor and after 4 successfull attempts (in 4 weeks I believe) you get the full set.

I tried 5 only for the first time on PC tonight. It took me almost twenty minutes just to play against 2 people, but those matches were completely lag free (at least on my end). Both guys rematched me so I assume it wasn't bad for them either. Then again they were both bronze players and people don't seem super picky about that until ultra silver/gold. Might try again on a night where I have more time. I don't like having to weight upwards of 10 minutes for a match to pop, but I imagine this is close to what offline feels like (I've only ever played online matches in this game).

I tried 5 only for the first time on PC tonight. It took me almost twenty minutes just to play against 2 people, but those matches were completely lag free (at least on my end). Both guys rematched me so I assume it wasn't bad for them either. Then again they were both bronze players and people don't seem super picky about that until ultra silver/gold. Might try again on a night where I have more time. I don't like having to weight upwards of 10 minutes for a match to pop, but I imagine this is close to what offline feels like (I've only ever played online matches in this game).

I was watching a little bit of Vespers stream last night and he said the time it took to find a fight was longer than usual. I usually find 5-bar only fights fairly quickly but you end up running into the same people usually. If you haven’t watched his streams, I’d recommend them. He has a good way of explaining fighting game concepts.

Hey guys, so I set up our dojo. The Dojo name is ‘Sherdog’ so it shouldn’t be difficult to find. You have to sign up through the CFN web interface and it’ll send me an email when you request to join.

Hey guys, so I set up our dojo. The Dojo name is ‘Sherdog’ so it shouldn’t be difficult to find. You have to sign up through the CFN web interface and it’ll send me an email when you request to join.
Request sent.

If any of you guys are playing on PC like me, then please add me on Steam. My handle is Thunderhead27. If I'm on and you're up for a casual battle lounge, then feel free to send a request.

Just saw sony is going to do a beta test cross platform (ps4 to Xbox) in fortnite

I know sfv isn't on Xbox but other fighting games that are on both system s could use this and it would be great!

Request sent.

If any of you guys are playing on PC like me, then please add me on Steam. My handle is Thunderhead27. If I'm on and you're up for a casual battle lounge, then feel free to send a request.

Like an idiot, I did ‘Fighters Chance’ on my PC account and couldn’t figure out how to add objects to our Dojo because I signed up under my PS4. My GF’s dad is staying with us and hogs the TV so I may not be able to add some stuff to it for a few days. Best rest assured, I will have that thing looking sharp.

I added your PC handle to Pg1.

Just saw sony is going to do a beta test cross platform (ps4 to Xbox) in fortnite

I know sfv isn't on Xbox but other fighting games that are on both system s could use this and it would be great!

This is actually really big news and gives me hope for Xbox, PC & PS5 SFVI compatibility. This would really bring a lot more players on board assuming the next Xbox release isn’t botched.

Like an idiot, I did ‘Fighters Chance’ on my PC account and couldn’t figure out how to add objects to our Dojo because I signed up under my PS4. My GF’s dad is staying with us and hogs the TV so I may not be able to add some stuff to it for a few days. Best rest assured, I will have that thing looking sharp.

I added your PC handle to Pg1.

This is actually really big news and gives me hope for Xbox, PC & PS5 SFVI compatibility. This would really bring a lot more players on board assuming the next Xbox release isn’t botched.

Cool beans. I just downloaded the massive update last night (18 gigabytes on a shitty connection that caps out at 1.5 mb is no fun, by the way). I'll probably get online later tonight around 10 pm PST.

Cool beans. I just downloaded the massive update last night (18 gigabytes on a shitty connection that caps out at 1.5 mb is no fun, by the way). I'll probably get online later tonight around 10 pm PST.

Right on, doubt I’ll be up that late but I’ll be on tomorrow. I’m rusty as hell having not played in a while. Should be hitting up TTF this Friday as well.

When are they going reveal the next season pass characters?

Current rumor is 5 legacy 1 new when season 4 drops. I’m really hoping Fei Long gets in.

I’m hoping for Dan, Adon, and Dudley.

I wouldn’t mind Dan (or E. Dan / Psycho Dan) as a surprise extra character, just not a one of the 5. Both Adon and Dudley are great choices, I just think Fei Long would present an interesting mix for this engine. Fei Long and Karen would be a great match-up to watch since they’re both heavy in the neutral.

As usual guys, Battle Lounge today kicking off around 4:30pm PST. I should have our Dojo set up with some cool stuff in it. Hope you guys can make it out!

Back