STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Just another fine example of Capcom’s poor business decisions. It’s amazing that they are just one big blunder after another, especially with the success of Monster Hunter. I know they’re two different departments, but they’re a downstream of one large business. At the end of the day, Capcom’s name is on SFV. Why their business development team didn’t benchmark other eSports marketing best practices is beyond me. They had a whole year to come up with something meaningful (like @Thunderhead’s examples) and didn’t. This reeks of something that was slapped together in a week.
The weirdest thing for me is that they're the ones leading the way in terms of setting up a tournament season with a finals. I don't get how they do that so much better than the other fighting game developers/publishers but botch the in-game side of this sort of thing so badly.

The weirdest thing for me is that they're the ones leading the way in terms of setting up a tournament season with a finals. I don't get how they do that so much better than the other fighting game developers/publishers but botch the in-game side of this sort of thing so badly.

That’s a good point. Their production value during tournaments is pretty good and Capcom Cup is always well done but other parts of the business really struggle. They have the money to hire a competent team, why not do it. Hopefully SFVI is different.

So I’m probably the sickest I’ve been in a couple of years and managed to get up to 8400pts. Starting to understand my distance on my normals and which block strings can lead me to different openings. But damn, Urien feels like an absolute nightmare for Zeku. His reflector can really bring the pain and if you’re in the blender with young Zeku good luck getting out. Not sure how to approach that matchup just yet.

Dankadillas and Didimokoff are both in top 8 of the LCQ. Be funny to seesee mirror match in grand finals.

Getting bodied online today. Playing like garbage. I have to say though, Zeku is far and away the funnest SF character I’ve ever played. He’s so free flowing and plays with style. That said, Angry Bird is looking great and I was really surprised to see Momochi pull him out.

Gachikun is on some secret sauce.

I love this tournament. It’s 3-5 the whole way through and really showcases the best of the best. It gives people the chance to think and adjust and just brings the hype.

Sad to see Tokido out, but it's great to see Momochi going deeper into the bracket. It's been weird not seeing him in the top heap of players.

Sad to see Tokido out, but it's great to see Momochi going deeper into the bracket. It's been weird not seeing him in the top heap of players.

I’m convinced he lost to Momochi because he didn’t practice the Zeku matchup. He beat Angry Bird but IMO Momochi’s Zeku seemed a lot more rusty. Still though, this tourney brings out the best in people and it’s definitely harder on the Top 5 than anyone else.

Haha nice. Two former sf4 Evo champs over sf5 Evo champs.

Itazan win
Jwong win
Grappler's (hakkan) announced fir season 4

I'll be happy with this

I still believe Mena RD is the greatest athlete of our generation. Can''t believe he's out.

Haha nice. Two former sf4 Evo champs over sf5 Evo champs.
I completely forgot Xian was Momochi's opponent in the 2014 grand finals for Capcom Cup.

Well, the guy practically doing a spinning bird kick was pretty cool anyway.

Back