Crimson Fury

Elijah Modnar
@Silver
Reaction score

StreetsOfRage4_0001.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0003.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0005.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0006.jpeg

A new Streets of Rage is coming. Dotemu and Lizardcube, the publisher and developer of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, announced Streets of Rage 4 today in partnership with Sega.

Also involved in the creation of Streets of Rage 4 is Guard Crush Games, developer of Streets of Fury, a side-scrolling beat-’em-up released in 2015 that used digitized graphics.

Streets of Rage 4 will feature series veterans Axel and Blaze in “an entirely original arcade-style romp” that will feature classic beat-’em-up gameplay, new fighting mechanics and an original story, according to its creators. The sequel to 1994’s Streets of Rage 3 will boast hand-drawn visuals from the team behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, which hit consoles and PC in 2017.

Sega’s Streets of Rage series kicked off on the Sega Genesis in 1991. The original Streets of Rage was followed by sequels in 1992 and 1994. The series was fondly remembered for its strong visual style and music from composer Yuzo Koshiro.

Platforms and release date for Streets of Rage 4 were not announced.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17786352/streets-of-rage-4-dotemu-sega

It looks like Comix Zone. Hopefully Yuzo Koshiro is doing the soundtrack though the trailer sounds nothing like it. Even the SOR Remake music was great, imo.

Last edited:
<DCWhoa>

I wonder if the 3rd guy will be DLC?

If this is at least average then I'm sure I'll be happy just because I'll be running off nostalgia.

Hopefully they have more than just 2 characters. I don't expect them to put in 18 characters like the folks who did SoRR did, but 4 at least.

Check out fellow sherdoggies play of Streets of Rage 2. Nothing beats the original ;)

I’m glad they went with the same side scrolling gameplay as the originals. It would be stupid to make it a 3D environment. It looks awesome.

I haven't played a streets of rage game for over 20 years

I want a River City Ransom remake. Those Frat Boys need to be taken out with my Dragon Kick for kidnapping my girlfriend. Just another day in highschool.

Hopefully they have more than just 2 characters. I don't expect them to put in 18 characters like the folks who did SoRR did, but 4 at least.
DLC micro transactions

Or maybe you have to go save them to unlock later in the game

I like that they made axel look older, representing the time past since the last sor.

Funny but I never knew there was a 3,2 was GOAT

Back