Strength in Interesting Places

I don't know if threats are the best way to acquire Jaunty Points. I feel like with Jaunty's extensive traveling he probably has connections all around the world to people that could make you disappear.

Hey Jaunty, as an owner of a Jaunty point... I recommend that you award squat a jaunty point for 1. his awesome name, and 2. such a witty and clever way to acquire JPs.

images

Last edited:
I don't know if threats are the best way to acquire Jaunty Points. I feel like with Jaunty's extensive traveling he probably has connections all around the world to people that could make you disappear.

Let him wax his car and paint the fence first....

wax on....wax off....

Can we get back to what's really important?

What is your current programing in regards to.curls?

Can we get back to what's really important?

What is your current programing in regards to.curls?

Actually pretty happy with my curl programming at the moment. I am using "50/20" for heavier curls- setting the bar so that I can just about manage 50 reps in 20 minutes, if I can get it, use a heavier weight next time. Then I am also doing lighter, high-rep stuff at the end of my workout, e.g. 4-5 sets of 10-15 reps with very little break for extra pump. I have noticed quite significant gains in bicep size in the last 6 weeks or so as a result of using this approach.

This is definitely a new approach to getting JPs. One that I am not entirely opposed to.

Pretty clever actually, got a chuckle out of me

How's things been going lately JA? Haven't been online a ton lately with work/school

How's things been going lately JA? Haven't been online a ton lately with work/school

Not too bad, thanks. I have been moving around like crazy: left Thailand late September to go to Afghanistan to get a visa for Pakistan, via Dubai; spent two weeks in Pakistan; back to Dubai for 4-5 nights; 3 weeks in Afghanistan; back to Thailand for a week; now here in the UK for a couple of weeks. Next I am back to Kabul for a couple of weeks, then Thailand for maybe 3 weeks.

Somehow I've been able to get some basic consistency in training, though. Pressing is gradually coming back, doing full and balanced workouts (with baby weights). And havign been running for 8 months or so, I am in reasonably good condition now and am even not horrendously slow- I ran 5km in under 25:00 the other day at the first time of trying, and reckon I will be able to get that down quite a bit more.

Not too bad, thanks. I have been moving around like crazy: left Thailand late September to go to Afghanistan to get a visa for Pakistan, via Dubai; spent two weeks in Pakistan; back to Dubai for 4-5 nights; 3 weeks in Afghanistan; back to Thailand for a week; now here in the UK for a couple of weeks. Next I am back to Kabul for a couple of weeks, then Thailand for maybe 3 weeks.

Somehow I've been able to get some basic consistency in training, though. Pressing is gradually coming back, doing full and balanced workouts (with baby weights). And havign been running for 8 months or so, I am in reasonably good condition now and am even not horrendously slow- I ran 5km in under 25:00 the other day at the first time of trying, and reckon I will be able to get that down quite a bit more.

That's a crazy amount of traveling, hope you are staying safe in the places of unrest you are going to. Watching the news nowadays makes me nervous for you, haha

Good job at still training even with all your travels, using different equipment in different locations I know can be a little hard to get a rhythm.

You still planning a trip to the US at some point? If so, where do you plan on visiting?

That's a crazy amount of traveling, hope you are staying safe in the places of unrest you are going to. Watching the news nowadays makes me nervous for you, haha

Good job at still training even with all your travels, using different equipment in different locations I know can be a little hard to get a rhythm.

You still planning a trip to the US at some point? If so, where do you plan on visiting?

Yeah, will probably visit the States at some point. I want to give Manhattan another chance, as when I was there the first time I was unaccountably not that into it. I am not sure where else- maybe Vegas.

Yeah, will probably visit the States at some point. I want to give Manhattan another chance, as when I was there the first time I was unaccountably not that into it. I am not sure where else- maybe Vegas.

Bah. Go somewhere random. Like Seattle.

Janunty should do a F13 trip, and train with teh regulars :cool:

Since you are temporarily away from being a "white-collar soldier" and are in the U.K., I expect something like this from you:

MV5BNDA0NzI1MzAxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ0MTgwOA@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

I was trying for this:

The-Rise-and-Fall-of-a-White-Collar-Hooligan-2012.jpg

And I cannot edit posts; apparently the dubz is forever.

Ugh

Went away for the weekend, much drink was had. First time in the gym for 5 days. This is what I did:

Squat: Worked up to 92.5kg x3, x3 called it quits
Bench: Worked up to 55kg x5, x5, x5, x5, x5
DB Row: 30kg x10, x10, x10
"50/20": 15kg lunges & 10kg incline DB bench (50 reps achieved)
Pump circuit: 5x12 cable curls, 5x10 cable brodowns, girls' pushups to 9

Called the squats early as my knee felt bad coming up from the hole and was also experiencing some stomach pain for some reason. Once again the squats felt unreasonably heavy- I guess it is due to (i) inconsistent training, (ii) not eating enough/losing weight, (iii) putting a lot of energy into lower body assistance and not having enough recovery for heavy work, (iv) running. A lot of this stuff will sort itself out. The other parts of the session were decent- bench felt fine, once again, as did the extra work.

You may have noticed I haven't been logging that much or on the forums in general- it will probably stay like that until early next month.

^ nice training sessions, regardless.

^ nice training sessions, regardless.

Thanks! I am very happy with the approach that has evolved of doing main lifts, medium-heavy assistance with 50/20 and then some light and fast pump stuff. I am fairly sure that everything will start to come back. And of course it's *great* to be 3-4 weeks back into pressing and still be having no problems.

^ awesome, man!

You did the right things and were patient and consistent enough with them, and now it pays off. Good luck!

^ awesome, man!

You did the right things and were patient and consistent enough with them, and now it pays off. Good luck!

I am sure I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without your help. "Thanks" doesn't quite cut it- but it will do for a start.

Good job on that last session. Lots of volume, looked tough.

I thought about doing 50/20 on Lunges today and said fuck that lol. Just stuck to 5 reps a leg.

Good job on that last session. Lots of volume, looked tough.

I thought about doing 50/20 on Lunges today and said fuck that lol. Just stuck to 5 reps a leg.

Thanks! Any session with 50/20 immediately has lots of volume and is tough- if you do proper compound exercises, anyway.

I built up with 50/20 lunges. I think the first time I got 34 reps or something like that- maybe 5 sets of 6 and a set of 4. Then maybe 42, then maybe 48, and finally 50. I find the main thing is not to think about the full 50. Go for 25-30, e.g. 6x5 or 5x5 or something, and then see where you are. Odds on you'll have time for at least a couple more sets of 5 or 6, and if you got that done in 20 minutes, next time you'll be able to get one or two more.

Lunges- 0, Jaunty- 1

1. Main Lifts
Lower body- back squats
20kg x5
30kg x5
40kg x5
50kg x5
55kg x5
60kg x5
65kg x5
70kg x5
75kg x5
80kg x5
90kg x1
95kg x1
100kg x1
105kg x1

Press- overhead press
Rotator cuff exercises
Random light weights with dumbbell
20kg x5
22.5kg x5
25kg x3
30kg x1, x1
35kg x5, x5, x5, x5, x5

Pull- barbell rows
Empty bar x10 (from hang)
50kg x5
60kg x5
70kg x5, x5, x5, x5, x5

2. "50/20" Assistance
DB lunges 10x5 each side @20kg
Barbell overhead press 10x5 @20kg
Total = 50 reps of each in 17:00- screw you, lunges, I win

3. Bonus work
Front and side planks supersetted into press and rows
3x10 lat pulldowns and 3x10 cable row (random weight)
5x10 tricep brodowns and 5x10 bicep curls
2x12 lateral raises

Notes
As squatting didn't work last time, this time I wanted to get plenty of submaximal volume and then see how I felt. I think I did that, and they felt okay. So I went just a tiny bit heavier to finish off. It became clear that I shouldn't be bouncing out of the hole right now as my knee doesn't like it, and it also seems that I can lean forward a tiny bit more, so I can use my ass more as I am coming up.

Press was good- actually better than last time as there was no issue stabilizing with my trunk and lower body. It seems my only issue is to make sure I get enough rest time- my instinct is to go back after a minute, which is not enough. So I started doing some planks between sets and that made the rests exactly long enough, plus gave me some abs work.

"50/20" lunges was hard but not as hard as it has been in the past, and I got all 50 rep done on both sides in well under 20 minutes, smashing my record with 20kg. I did overhead press with just the bar as the other exercise. As with last time, I deliberately chose a weight that was fairly easy, as I think, just to be cautious, it's better to get it used to higher training volume before I start to push the weights. I decided to throw in some extra pulling to compensate for the fact that my 50/20 work has been a little press-heavy lately.

Finished up with quick pump stuff, as has been the norm lately.

Pretty pleased with this workout. Still not moving much in terms of weight, but volume/work load was good, and, what is more important, I am getting more jakt seemingly by the day.

Back