Strength & Power FAQ - READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashiusClay

Reaction score
Sherdog S&P forum FAQ

NB. This thread will be open for a while before I close it, that way you can post suggestions for improvements, when I do shut it, I

Spontanious reflection (whitout reading it to carefully) is that it is perhaps a bit to harsh against crossfit, since they atleast got a bunch of interesting theories and there are some followers here in the forum...

Perhaps something more on the lines of "crossfit is more about conditioning than it is about strenght..".. .. ..

krellik said:
Spontanious reflection (whitout reading it to carefully) is that it is perhaps a bit to harsh against crossfit, since they atleast got a bunch of interesting theories and there are some followers here in the forum...

Perhaps something more on the lines of "crossfit is more about conditioning than it is about strenght..".. .. ..
[sarcasm]Yes that was a completly serious post and not something I wrote as a joke.[/sarcasm]

I know, I know I should put a more balanced perspective on that, but then again I have a real dislike of the way crossfit portray themselves. Oh well, guess i better put in an explanatory sentence or two.

Yeah man, I do know that it was sarcasm, and I did find it funny, but in this way it becomes more or less a statement...

krellik said:
Yeah man, I do know that it was sarcasm, and I did find it funny, but in this way it becomes more or less a statement...
there ya go its updated, whadaya think?

Oops, nothing on machines, better fix that. Damn this thing is gonna be huge by the time I'm happy with it.

Splendidly informative, but you could do with organising the topics as a list of links at the top of the page - click the link, it takes you straight to the designated paragraph, rather than having to manually scroll down. It's a ridiculously simple HTML trick, but buggered if I can remember exactly how to do it...

Random example...

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=161361

The link to Madmicks assistance exercises doesnt work.

Looks good,might need a bit of reorganising but looks good so far.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams for the reference/20 points?

There is another thing that needs to be discussed in the sticky.

The separation of forums into "strenght/power" and "conditioning"... And what effects that have for this forum. That pushups for instance can be good for conditioning but that the normal variation is not good for developing maximum strength and thus doesnt belong in this forum. Something that clears this part up would be helpful for the newbies...

Personally im against the separation of the subforums and thinks that for mma training purposes it would be better to have a combined strength and conditioning forum but thats just me...

Stellar.
It's the first time I've actually seen a picture of a pinch press, and I've been in and out of this forum lurking around for quite a while.
Nice work.

I still think it'd be nice to see some user posted routines (from some of the vets) in one spot. Kid of like the "User Submitted Techniques" in the grappling forum. But that's probably a whole different stickie.

Smashius, use "Z" in place of "S" in words like stabilisation. No one likes euro trash.

I think Urban's site should be up with carnal's rant. At least link urban's strength training 101 article.

Meh. Avoid colonial misspellings. War Queen's English.

Barut said:
Smashius, use "Z" in place of "S" in words like stabilisation. No one likes euro trash.

I think Urban's site should be up with carnal's rant. At least link urban's strength training 101 article.
Damn colonials, know your place. The language this thread is written in is English, not American. Go invent your own language if you want something to misspell.

Tone C said:
Looks good,might need a bit of reorganising but looks good so far.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams for the reference/20 points?
Well done, 20 points for you. Originally refers to the Syrius cybernetics corporation of course.

Looks good. You might wanan add the vid link for dynamic rows and mention that crossift would be more pre-season work than off-season

graedy said:
The link to Madmicks assistance exercises doesnt work.
Possibly because I forgot to make it into a link and it was still just text :redface: should be fixed now.

The separation of forums into "strenght/power" and "conditioning"... And what effects that have for this forum. That pushups for instance can be good for conditioning but that the normal variation is not good for developing maximum strength and thus doesnt belong in this forum. Something that clears this part up would be helpful for the newbies...
Done, second question I think.
Splendidly informative, but you could do with organising the topics as a list of links at the top of the page - click the link, it takes you straight to the designated paragraph, rather than having to manually scroll down. It's a ridiculously simple HTML trick, but buggered if I can remember exactly how to do it...
I'll look into doing it when I've got the majority of the content sorted, it's a good idea.
Why you gotta knock "the program"?
You misunderstand, by "trouble" I meant on the path to awesomeness.

Looks good overall, thanks, Smashius.

The section on grip strength seems disproportionately long. I mean, no one here is knocking the importance of grip strength, but it looks like that section of the FAQ takes up more space than anything else. Maybe put all that info in a separate thread and put a link to that thread in the FAQ?

Addition:

Q: How do I get a ripped face?

bacon said:
Addition:

Q: How do I get a ripped face?

Stand in a cage full of starving tigers.And that is probably good advice for anyone asking that.:icon_chee

Like the new photo of Bacon by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back