Strike while the iron is hot-Ortega vs Holloway

Ceez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the fight to make with 2 of the hottest (no homo) and youngest fighters in the division.

Frankie is coming off a loss to Aldo just 2 fights ago
Ortega is on a 13 fight undefeated win streak
Max has won 12 in a row and just soundly defeated the consensus GOAT @ 45 back to back

Frankie's best PPV draw was Penn/Edgar 2 and it only drew 535,000 buys so there is no argument here for the UFC as far as making money goes. The flipside to this argument is the fact that Ortega isn't nearly as known as Edgar amongst casuals, mostly just the hardcores. That can be remedied though with effective marketing showing both Max and Ortega are on long win streaks and finishing top notch fighters. Money is a draw with either match up imo so this really can't be a factor when considering who to match up.

Edgar has cried so much in the past about shit that it's hard to root for this guy where Ortega on the other hand just pulled one of the classiest things I've ever seen saying that he would wait until Edgar/Holloway sorted itself out. I know this will be twisted, "well then let Brian wait", buttfuck that this is the fight I believe more fans would want to see of two fighters, both 26 years old, one undefeated, the other on a 12 fight win streak.

Make this fight Dana fuck Frankie

Frankie can you even draw brah?

Yep my thoughts exactly
Let's do it

They would
Both be down

You overestimate how many people are hot on Ortega. A PPV with him vs Holloway is worth about 100k max. With a good main event above it, you can get closer to 230k.

You overestimate how many people are hot on Ortega. A PPV with him vs Holloway is worth about 100k max. With a good main event above it, you can get closer to 230k.

I didn't overestimate anything, do you even read brah..

I clearly stated there's really no draw here for either guy. UFC marketing though could use all of their past 5 fights in highlights showing Ortega has finished everyone and max just dumped Aldo in the dumpster outside twice (Sorry Aldo I love you mane). Why is Frankie more deserving then a guy who is on a 13 fight win streak when he has only won 2 in a row..

Last edited:
Sub-City gets hands on you = DONE, son.

He just faced a guy similar in style to Holloway too in Renato but I think Renato hits harder then max and he walked through all of his shit. Max has better movement then Renato though and fights taller with a striking style similar to Nate imo. He just touches you and touches you until you start to wear down then he starts putting more power behind his shots. Aldo has shown his gas tank is limited, that's always been one of his negatives. Ortega on the other hand can keep up all night. This is a really good match to make, I can't believe how cynical people are and still clamoring for Frankie

I don't like ortega because he didn't have the discipline to pass the drug test, but I have to say he would beat holloway in a 5 round fight. If it is 3 rounds, Holloway has a chance though

I don't like ortega because he didn't have the discipline to pass the drug test, but I have to say he would beat holloway in a 5 round fight. If it is 3 rounds, Holloway has a chance though

You know how many of these guys have used PED's? You wouldn't like 80% of the roster if you knew the truth fuck outta here with that bullshit

Yes it makes the most sense. Frankie is in mma limbo and i dont really care for him in a title fight. We want fresh contenders god damn it

lol no. ortega doesn't deserve holloway. he's struggled against much lesser competition. swanson's a good win but he's always had isues with sub defense. let's see what ortega can do with lamas or zombie or someone similar before throwing him at Max's feet.

Yea, but Holloway vs Edgar, or Lamas, or Ortega all make no difference imo.

None sell imo, I like Max, hes trying to be a draw, but at 45, theirs nothing. Edgar is the name, other than Aldo, but both arent draws themselves.

I think he knows this, and wants to move up

This is the fight to make with 2 of the hottest (no homo) and youngest fighters in the division.

Frankie is coming off a loss to Aldo just 2 fights ago
Ortega is on a 13 fight undefeated win streak
Max has won 12 in a row and just soundly defeated the consensus GOAT @ 45 back to back

Frankie's best PPV draw was Penn/Edgar 2 and it only drew 535,000 buys so there is no argument here for the UFC as far as making money goes. The flipside to this argument is the fact that Ortega isn't nearly as known as Edgar amongst casuals, mostly just the hardcores. That can be remedied though with effective marketing showing both Max and Ortega are on long win streaks and finishing top notch fighters. Money is a draw with either match up imo so this really can't be a factor when considering who to match up.

Edgar has cried so much in the past about shit that it's hard to root for this guy where Ortega on the other hand just pulled one of the classiest things I've ever seen saying that he would wait until Edgar/Holloway sorted itself out. I know this will be twisted, "well then let Brian wait", buttfuck that this is the fight I believe more fans would want to see of two fighters, both 26 years old, one undefeated, the other on a 12 fight win streak.

Make this fight Dana fuck Frankie

Frankie can you even draw brah?

yep! ive been saying this for a while!

Ortega doesn't want the title shot though.

Back