Striker submitting a grappler and a grappler KOing a striker?

they are all mixed martial artists at the end of the day. Even black belts get submitted by lower ranks from time to time. Given the vast amount of mixed martial arts fights to date, it's not surprising that we've had some surprises.

sure, I also mentionned they are all more or less multidimentional, still some have a stronger aspect and weaknesses, hence the surprises when it ges the opposite way from those

Back then... Kharitonov KOing Ninja.

If you listened Bas Rutten pre fight he said that Kharitonov was just a sambo grappler, and that we didn't know if he could strike or not.

What Bas didn't know is that the same year, Sergei almost made it to the Russian olympic boxing team (he got injured during the qualifications).

Back then... Kharitonov KOing Ninja.

If you listened Bas Rutten pre fight he said that Kharitonov was just a sambo grappler, and that we didn't know if he could strike or not.

What Bas didn't know is that the same year, Sergei almost made it to the Russian olympic boxing team (he got injured during the qualifications).
I remember everyone thingking that Sergei was cannon fodder for Ninja...then :eek:

sure, I also mentionned they are all more or less multidimentional, still some have a stronger aspect and weaknesses, hence the surprises when it ges the opposite way from those
I understand ya bro it all makes sense

Back