Stronger Than The World: The Story of José Aldo

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I just watched Mais Forte Que O Mundo: A História De José Aldo (Stronger Than The World: The Story of José Aldo) on Netflix. I rather enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how he came up and his life struggles. I give it an 8 out of 10. I would like to see more MMA biopics.

Definitely gotta check this out.

The sad thing is, what should've been the climax of the film (defeating McGregor in José Aldo's one and only big money fight) ended up being the most embarrassing moment of his career, and he'll likely never get a chance to avenge it.

The sad thing is, what should've been the climax of the film (defeating McGregor in José Aldo's one and only big money fight) ended up being the most embarrassing moment of his career, and he'll likely never get a chance to avenge it.

Life isn't always fair. Assholes will finish first most of the time.

Oh well. You can't win everything. At least he did get a big money fight, and he made his mark on the sport as one of the GOAT.

I enjoyed it. It's a good stand alone movie, but it's the fact that it's an MMA movie that made it great. From that respect, I would say it is the best of its kind.

I enjoyed it. It's a good stand alone movie, but it's the fact that it's an MMA movie that made it great. From that respect, I would say it is the best of its kind.
What other MMA fighters might make a good subjects of biopics? I know Ronda Rousey supposedly had one in the works all ready, but I can think of some others...

Royce Gracie
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Chuck Lidell
Anderson Silva

I think those guys might have interesting back stories to tell in addition to their fight history.

IMO they ended it where it should have been ended, as it tied all of his life struggles in with all the main characters nicely, and left us at the point where he had achieved his dreams and reconciled with with himself, and all others. Sure they could have gone on to all his title defenses, but they had the discipline to make this movie about coming into being through life struggles and not UFC victories. In fact I am glad they didn't put allot emphasis on his career, and choose instead the life story to take center stage. Of coarse with all movies it has it's short comings, but I was pleasantly surprised with this docudrama/Biopic. It has allot going for it.

What other MMA fighters might make a good subjects of biopics? I know Ronda Rousey supposedly had one in the works all ready, but I can think of some others...

Royce Gracie
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Chuck Lidell
Anderson Silva

I think those guys might have interesting back stories to tell in addition to their fight history.

Those are all good names, with no shortage of material. You would have to be a pretty shitty screen writer or directer to not make those work imo. It's all up to the imagination to get creative enough to make a great picture. Hell, give me a pen and payment and I will make one about Harold Howard.

There are many great characters in MMA for sure, it helps that they all have the fighting aspect to relate the struggle of the protagonist.

Even Tanner
Sakuraba
The Shamrocks
Bas
Kerr v2
Lee Murrey
Fedor
Mirko
Jon Jones
Genki Sudo

and 50 more at least.

I dunno man. I watched an hour and not one character was developed very well.

Royce Gracie
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Chuck Lidell
Anderson Silva

Big nog
Gets run over by a truck as a kid nearly dies
Becomes first pride heavyweight champ
Has heaps of epic come from behind wins perfect for film drama
Becomes a mentor to fighters
Becomes a ufc interim heavyweight champ
Heaps of career ups and downs

All elements that could make and awesome film and just make sure to end it with him koing scaub

Big nog
Gets run over by a truck as a kid nearly dies
Becomes first pride heavyweight champ
Has heaps of epic come from behind wins perfect for film drama
Becomes a mentor to fighters
Becomes a ufc interim heavyweight champ
Heaps of career ups and downs

All elements that could make and awesome film and just make sure to end it with him koing scaub

Don't forget day carrot.

anaconda-1997-movie-review-jon-voight-serone-leering.jpg

Damn, was hoping this was a documentary about his life and MMA career.

I dunno man. I watched an hour and not one character was developed very well.
It wasn't a perfect film, but I enjoyed the story and would like to see more MMA biopics. It's a cause worth supporting.

watching this right now.

Back