stuart cooper roy dean beef

invertcheguard

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
anyone else notice stuart removed his video? i noticed in the comments on youtube he said something about it and roy posted this on the underground

Roy Dean -
I'm sorry to say that Stuart has taken down the video as a way of settling a personal disagreement.

That said, I am still trying to find a peaceful resolution with him, and am confident we will have the video back up soon. :)

There was a thread about it on reddit.com/r/bjj and it was said that Stuart thought that Roy was a fake and 'wasn't the person he appears to be'.

Hm, first I've ever heard of this, but you know, Roy kinda gave me the vibe of a guy I knew who really was a totally fake "budshido-code thumping, overly respectful" guy. But who knows, Roy's videos have always been awesome.

Hopefully it all gets resolved.

Last edited:
Guess I'm not the only one who was getting this weird bullshit Zen vibe.

There was a thread about it on reddit.com/r/bjj and it was said that Stuart thought that Roy was a fake and 'wasn't the person he appears to be'.

He can't be talking in terms of lineage, he's well-known as a legit Roy Harris black belt.

He can't be talking in terms of lineage, he's well-known as a legit Roy Harris black belt.

maybe in terms of personality.

like anderson said that vitor has a different private life than the one he claims.

Well, Roy does post here once in a while so he can jump in anytime to give his side of the story.

I wish Stuart would just come out and say what the problem was, and then allow Roy to explain and/or defend himself. Let the BJJ community judge who is right and who is wrong. Secrets like this do favors for no one. Regardless of whether or not Roy is "fake" or a complete asshole, his instructionals have always been solid and I really enjoyed the things he said in Stuart's video.

Stuart Cooper is probably just pissed because one of Roy's brownbelts tapped him a few times in front of everyone... then Roy rolled with said brownbelt and dominated....

Stuart Cooper is probably just pissed because one of Roy's brownbelts tapped him a few times in front of everyone... then Roy rolled with said brownbelt and dominated....

Why would Stuart be pissed that he, a brown belt, got tapped by a brown belt and that a black belt performed better against a brown belt?

Pettiness and ego don't go together with stuart cooper or any of his work IMO

Roy has talked about pick-up artist stuff in the past, but otherwise has never struck me as anything but a well-meaning individual. Surprised to hear this.

Some more info on these links:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/2awhlm/uh_stuart_cooper_film_gone/

https://www.youtube.com/user/stuartcooperfilms/discussion

Some quotes from Stuart Cooper:

"Sorry bro i had to take it down, he did something really unprofessional, and what yu see n the video is not the real him! Its all fake, so in m opinion he doesn't deserve to be on my YouTube channel. It will be replaced though with someone good!"

"Hey brother, no Its nothing like the Lloyd Irvin Incident at all, if it was i would let the entire world know. But its definitely not that. I don't want to go deep into it, Lets just say Jealousy can do a lot to a person and make the act in a very inappropriate way, and this really effected two peoples lives. There was no reason for what he did so he also made up a huge lie about a really kind and caring girl who worked for him for years just to protect his own reputation and because he cares about no one but himself. I witnessed all of this and many other lies too. What he said in the documentary was great and its a shame i had to take it down as i was proud of that one, but it ill be replaced by a much more inspiring person who isnt fake in front of the camera and doesn't play with peoples lives out of his own selfishness. Also i wouldn't recommend training there at all, one hour classes, no warm up, he's lost his passion! The guy is a right diva if he doesnt get his own way and he knows all this! For a 40 year old man, hes got some things to work on."

"Sorry bro i had to take it down, he did something really unprofessional, and what yu see n the video is not the real him! Its all fake, so in m opinion he doesn't deserve to be on my youtube channel."

"sorry i had to take it down man i cant discuss what happened but everything he said in the documentary makes sense, and maybe he was that guy at one point, he really followed his vision and it was a great doc from the feedback i got, but after some recent incident i cant have anything to do with him or be associated with him in any way. He doesn't deserve it at all."

"Can't discuss what happened" but then vaguely accuses Roy of some dirty shit.

Sounds like women trouble.

Yep, I bet Stuart nailed the chick that worked there and it made Roy jealous. It seemed pretty obvious what he was trying to say.

"I don't want to go deep into it, Lets just say Jealousy can do a lot to a person and make the act in a very inappropriate way, and this really effected two peoples lives. There was no reason for what he did so he also made up a huge lie about a really kind and caring girl who worked for him for years just to protect his own reputation and because he cares about no one but himself"

He for sure hit that, or is still hitting that.

Until we hear from both side, I'll believe the BJJ Black belt over the guy who makes movies.

Also, Cooper's "please donate" to fund his world traveling is annoying and phony to me. He makes good videos, no doubt, but he doesn't show any more integrity than anyone off the street.

http://www.roydeanacademy.com/academy/instructors

Think it could be Josarah Roan... the manager?

I think someone should come up with a new submission called the "love-triangle"

I do a "love knot" that I learned from Reilly B...close enough for ya?

And I think it's the opposite...I think it's Cooper that's mad. Roy used them black belt pickup lines like "Say girl, tonight we working on your inverted guard retention." or "I may be a black belt in passing guard, but tonight i'm gonna ground and pound ya from within it." and Cooper was all like "Daaaaaaamn eff this dude."

Back