Stuck for five hours at the Dallas greyhound station.

AgonyandIrony

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Oh and a homeless person shit in a trash can next to a toilet.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.

Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.
It is really difficult to comprehend. I wonder what their margins are.

Yea I looked up grey hound prices once thinking shit has to be dirt cheap and I'm always willing to deal with people like this to save some decent. Closed my browser soon after looking at prices, I'd rather just fly.

This sounds like my own personal hell.

As someone who works in tourism, all I can say is it’s more expensive to operate and coordinate bus trips than people might expect.

I don’t know all the numbers personally, but a former boss once broke down the numbers when a new competitor started undercutting Greyhound for a certain route in our area. Greyhound slashed their prices which made us stop one niche run we did. The new competitor grew for probably 2 years, then folded.

I'm big and have legroom problems on planes.
I once tried Greyhound (for a trip of maybe 250-300 miles, about 20 yrs ago), thinking it would be similar to a schoolbus, tour bus, or regular city bus.

I did not encounter the same level of disturbing dregs you did (or maybe I was too naive to recognize?). But I did get a sardining from hell on half the trip. The distance from my seatback to the one in front was maybe the same as the distance from my kneecap to the back of my pelvis. On the other way, there were enough empty seats that I could sort of awkwardly turn sideways/diagonal and get a tiny bit more space.

Never did that again.

It is really difficult to comprehend. I wonder what their margins are.
Yeah. The shitty thing is Tulsa has a smaller airport so the prices are way higher to fly out of and we don't have Spirit. I've made this drive many times before and it's about 11 hours straight.
This sounds like my own personal hell.

I just went outside to stretch my legs and got asked five times for money/cigarettes, which sucks because now I'm thirsty as fuck and they're all watching me.

I did learn one thing though, if someone is about to come up to you to ask for a cigarette ask them first. Really throws them out of step.

three hours and fourteen minutes left, then I have to wait another five hours once I get to Shreveport, and once I get to NOLA I have to hop on a streetcar, shower the stench of freshly released prisoners and sad people off me, then head to do a pretty big show and hopefully not be too exhausted. The buses are almost impossible to sleep on.

three hours and fourteen minutes left, then I have to wait another five hours once I get to Shreveport, and once I get to NOLA I have to hop on a streetcar, shower the stench of freshly released prisoners and sad people off me, then head to do a pretty big show and hopefully not be too exhausted. The buses are almost impossible to sleep on.

Pay attention to details and make sure to harvest a little future material out of the situation.

Pay attention to details and make sure to harvest a little future material out of the situation.

Oh trust me, I have my journal out for this one. Also one of the reason I'm documenting all the details here.

For real though... who the fuck shits in a trash can next to a toilet.

Also cops are wandering up and down asking who called 911, so... hopefully this gets interesting.

Oh trust me, I have my journal out for this one. Also one of the reason I'm documenting all the details here.

For real though... who the fuck shits in a trash can next to a toilet.

Also cops are wandering up and down asking who called 911, so... hopefully this gets interesting.
This is actually great material.

Cops left, but soooo many fucking prison tattoos here. I've seen three full face tattoos.

Now right behind me there is a very heated religious argument...

NVM, she's trying to get dat dick. OH SHIT she just dropped the fact her husbands dead to the guy she was arguing with.

Cops left, but soooo many fucking prison tattoos here. I've seen three full face tattoos.

Now right behind me there is a very heated religious argument...

NVM, she's trying to get dat dick. OH SHIT she just dropped the fact her husbands dead to the guy she was arguing with.
And just think, the station you're at is like a Caribbean resort compared to Atlanta or Memphis.

I was taking a Greyhound from Atlanta to Savannah way back in the day. There was a tweaker walking through the terminal with a mohawk, black leather jacket, wife-beater, and blue jeans...

The jeans were sliced across the butt horizontally at the middle so you can see his entire @$$.

I bought a car as soon as I could afford one.

My son came home from Junior Nationals (wrestling ) today. It was in Tulsa. He described it as a shithole full of weird homeless people and drug addicts.

I was taking a Greyhound from Atlanta to Savannah way back in the day. There was a tweaker walking through the terminal with a mohawk, black leather jacket, wife-beater, and blue jeans...

The jeans were sliced across the butt horizontally at the middle so you can see his entire @$$.

I bought a car as soon as I could afford one.
I hung out with some crackheads for about seven hours last time I went through Atlanta. They smoked crack right in front of the cop on duty, who just turned the other direction. Some other dude was withdrawaling for alcoholic so bad he was fainting. Some retarded heroin junkie bitch kept trying to suck everybody's dicks for pocket change.

Once I finally left, and was relieved, we were on our way to Memphis. About 20 miles outside of Memphis some lady wakes up and she's like, "Where we at?" Someone tells her Memphis is the next stop, and she's like, "I ain't hanging out outside in Memphis. They be killin everybody in that motherfucker."

I vowed to always spend the extra cash to fly from then on, and haven't ridden a bus since.

Lmao I get stuck in that exact same bus station for 7 hours on the way to Amarillo once after visiting @GhostZ06. No one could tell me shit about my bus and they ended up putting me on a bus to Denver after my initial one was "full". I had to bounce in Lubbock or I would have been stranded lol.

I got to sit between an old Vietnam vet and an old school hippy on the way down to Dallas. Now that was a fun ride.

I got to sit between an old Vietnam vet and an old school hippy on the way down to Dallas. Now that was a fun ride.
Some :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: fell asleep on me on the way to Gary, Indiana. I elbowed the shit out of him and he woke up like, "My bad, my bad, G. I got a QP under the bus, I'll break you off when we get to our stop." I was pissed as I told him I'm going to Minnesota, and won't be getting off in Gary. Dude smelled like a brewery and a dispensary combined.

Last edited:
Back