Stuck for five hours at the Dallas greyhound station.

Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Oh and a homeless person shit in a trash can next to a toilet.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.

I was stuck at that same Greyhound station (Central Dallas) for 6 hours back in 2013. Its a complete shithole.

For multiple reasons, I'm never riding Greyhound again, and the company I was working for at the time was paying for my tickets.

That's right, I won't ride Greyhound even if its free.

Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.

I was stuck at that same Greyhound station for 6 hours back in 2013. Its a complete shithole.

For multiple reasons, I'm never riding Greyhound again, and the company I was working for at the time was paying for my tickets.

Right now it's not too bad. Got three seats in the back to myself. Kicked back watching Barry on the laptop until it dies. Some keyed up dude kept asking to be my manager but I finally shook him off lol.

Going to have another five hour layover though.
Your ex sounds like a cunt, bud. I'd wager that you're much happier without her.

It's a shame, there are so many hot girls here, but everyone here is crazy, and women everywhere are already crazy anyway, so the women here are fucking nuts. Having a girlfriend/wife who is from here is almost a conflict of interest. You want a hot chick to fuck and do things with, but you don't want the extra crazy that comes with it.

I just took Joey Diaz' advice, as soon as you start doing well you have to move.

My sister took a greyhound to Dallas and also got stuck there for an extra day last week

Get your shit together greyhound
Ugh, I've heard of people waiting days because they couldn't afford a hotel.
I was stuck at that same Greyhound station (Central Dallas) for 6 hours back in 2013. Its a complete shithole.

I mean. For what I do it's not bad, annoying and uncomfortable but makes for great material.

But yeah the Dallas station is fucking garbage. I'm doing a HUGE tour in November and I'm probably going to just buy a shitty RV and get it done that way.

Met a dude with a literal duffel bag full of crack on Greyhound when I was 16. It was an impressive amount of crack. I kept thinking, why not cook the crack where your going, so you don't have a duffel bag full of crack. I guess expecting good decisions from a crack dealer is a bridge too far.

I remember when I was in the Marines, Greyhound had a military special where you could ride Greyhound unlimited for 21 days for $99. I bought me this pass and took the Greyhound bus from Oceanside, CA to Louisville. KY to visit family. It took over 40 hours to get there and I did it round trip. That was pure hell and I've never been on a Greyhound bus ever again.

Interesting how every homeless (guy asking for bus fare to see his family ) manages to ride them for only 10 bucks....considering they always ask for 10

Lmao I get stuck in that exact same bus station for 7 hours on the way to Amarillo once after visiting @GhostZ06. No one could tell me shit about my bus and they ended up putting me on a bus to Denver after my initial one was "full". I had to bounce in Lubbock or I would have been stranded lol.

next time we are just going to get you or flying you here

@AgonyandIrony

If you ever perform in Austin let me know ill check it out and buy you a drink.
Definitely. I've been wanting to make it out that way, like I said I'll be touring from Miami to Portland, aiming for 22 cities so I'll try to hit Austin.
Interesting how every homeless (guy asking for bus fare to see his family ) manages to ride them for only 10 bucks....considering they always ask for 10

So many bums dude... So. Many. Bums.

I think I'm going to write a joke about how you can leave your luggage anywhere. Because it wouldn't be a terrorist attack if you blew up a greyhound station... Really just putting a lot of people out of their misery.

Hell the whole place looks like a terrorist attack just happened.

Yeah. The shitty thing is Tulsa has a smaller airport so the prices are way higher to fly out of and we don't have Spirit. I've made this drive many times before and it's about 11 hours straight.

I just went outside to stretch my legs and got asked five times for money/cigarettes, which sucks because now I'm thirsty as fuck and they're all watching me.

I did learn one thing though, if someone is about to come up to you to ask for a cigarette ask them first. Really throws them out of step.

three hours and fourteen minutes left, then I have to wait another five hours once I get to Shreveport, and once I get to NOLA I have to hop on a streetcar, shower the stench of freshly released prisoners and sad people off me, then head to do a pretty big show and hopefully not be too exhausted. The buses are almost impossible to sleep on.

that's a funny cigarette bit.

Last edited:
It's tales like this that make me think the belief in American exceptionalism must be tongue in cheek, or from those that have never travelled to western Europe where such a sight could only be witnessed in the worst of slums.

That sounds awful!

Your bus station experience is somewhat comparable to Brenda's from Adventures in Babysitting.

It's tales like this that make me think the belief in American exceptionalism must be tongue in cheek, or from those that have never travelled to western Europe where such a sight could only be witnessed in the worst of slums.

That sounds awful!
Seeing foriegners on the bus is always funny. "Welcome to America motherfuckers. Smell that poverty!'

Also.. it is the way the really poor travel, and people who just got out of prison are generally given a greyhound ticket. You run into a lot of sad stories, people who are trying to make it to a funeral, starting over in a new city, husbands dead and she's homeless, I've heard quite a few of those stories.

Seen a woman and her kids break down crying because the bus was (as they often are) late and she missed her dad's funeral. Not even sure if they gave her a refund.

Pretty sure this place in Shreveport doesn't have AC either as it's muggy as fuck in here.

Praying to whatever God there is it's not full so I can snag the three backseats again and try and get some sleep.

NVM. No god. Toilet paper is single ply... Really wish I hadn't eaten a whole bag of hot fries and a hot link.

in my younger days, i arrived at JFK in the August of '03, from there, i travelled across that vast land on several greyhounds.

so almost 15 years ago, still remember conversations i had or overheard and it open my eyes to how vast the country really is, i remember telling family and friends it was like Jerry Springer on wheels, the amazement on some white redneckish type guy's face when i told him neither me or my friends gave a fuck about joining the military, black dudes up the back of the bus while on my way to San Franciso via Oakland talking about ''pimpin' and shit'' and other gang related stuff, and i recall over hearing some girl telling someone who i assumed was probably a complete stranger to her before the bus left the station, that it was ''the best cock she'd ever had''...…

Oh nononono this motherfucker shit on himself.

Jesus I thought I was so lucky to have the triple backseat two times in a row and he immediately goes to the bathroom... Goes and sits down.. then gets up and goes to the bathroom and dude has shit on his shorts.

Edit: he just came out in different pants. How the fuck do you shit yourself like that?! What is it with greyhounds and fucking feces.

Back