Study finds Spiritual Upbringing = Better Mental Health

Show me a honey badger that can manufacture an iPhone, then we’ll talk.

We humans live life with passion, and purposefully. Only problem is, most don’t find a purpose due to a variety of factors and experiences.
Show me a honeybadger that lives under water/builds a nest in a three/etc.. dumb comparison..

It makes perfect sense to me. Having a strong belief in God and an afterlife, seeing your loved ones again. That gives people comfort.
So does heroin.. not getting into that either

Funny thing is i dont know any atheist people that got possesed by demons only theist people why is that?
And nope.i dont want my future son to fear something that aint real.i want him to live his life being a "human"

Again I'd guess if you measure it by "attending a religious service" your introducing a strong class/economic factor in, people who do are much less likely to be raised in poverty which has been shown time and again as being more likely to lead to mental health issues.

Funny thing is i dont know any atheist people that got possesed by demons only theist people why is that?
And nope.i dont want my future son to fear something that aint real.i want him to live his life being a "human"

Wrong .. Plenty of athiest people get possessed by the devil.

I call bullshit

It says that meditation provides basically the same benefits. People have known the affects of meditation for a long time. Prayer is basically meditation. The study is flawed and produces results that incorrectly identify causation. Any activity including meditation is going to give you these results. And with things like people who attend weekly services, depressed people don't go to activities. The people who did the study either wanted a certain result or didn't have the resources or time to do a more indepth study.

Wow.

Very religious.

Much mental.

So healthy.

isis-lib2.jpg

They just chose the wrong religion! Look at this spiritual beacon of piety, the Cathol....
Carroll-Cardinals.jpg

......fuck!

Perhaps, but absconding reality for selfish, personal benefit is not an admirable trait.

Yep. I agree 100%.

I think religion can be good for people. But the problem is when people pretend the Bible is anything other than what it is, a bunch of stories that guide those people who, without a man in the sky there to punish them if they are bad, would have no moral compass.

Wooo!!!!!11

evangelical-church-hillsong-licensed1.jpg

ps: Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable
- Carl Sagan

Back