Subnautica

Bought it and played for about 2 hours tonight. First hour was amazing. 2nd hour I'm getting frustrated at the limited inventory. I hope I can expand. It was rewarding to already upgrade my oxygen tank and add fins.

Youre always gonna want more inventory space. Even when you get more inventory space.

Im about 20 hours in and I just built something that blew my mind. Game changer.

Some non spoilery tips I wish I knew:

I started building those mini aquatic lockers to store shit in. Instead, just start building a habitat ASAP and put lockers in it.

When you find a piece of something to scan for a blueprint and need 1 or 2 more pieces to get the entire blueprint, the majority of the time you can get the other two pieces within the same area.

Beacons are underrated. When you find a nice little hub of a mat you need often, put up a beacon so you can come back to it.

That mat you think is useless, or you think has become useless, is the exact mat youre gonna be scoping for in a few hours.

Last edited:
All I know is that I was swimming around the spaceship wreck, with nothing but flat sand below me. I heard a deep moan, looked behind me and saw a giant leviathan squid, and it saw me. I have not been that scared in a videogame in probably a decade. Just a sea animal, and it scared me on an hp lovecraft, deep level. Fuck.
<Dany07>

7DTD is my jam for survival games but I gotta branch out and try and Ark and Subnautica sometime

Anyone know if this supports triple monitor?

Dove into this last night. Really good, lots of nice surprises, doesn't feel like a survival game. Right now I'd agree with TS' bold claim that this is an ATG, it's that deep, keeps getting better.

The one minus is performance. Frame rate stutters, but it's not terrible, just noticeable (and has little to do with graphic settings, tried the low ones already). I'm optimistic they'll patch it in time, as projects with lots of work put in are seldom left unmaintained.

Dove into this last night. Really good, lots of nice surprises, doesn't feel like a survival game. Right now I'd agree with TS' bold claim that this is an ATG, it's that deep, keeps getting better.

:meow:

This developer is cancer. Fired his sound designer / composer for retweeting Paul Joseph Watson.

I'd return this game if I could, but that's impossible now.

This developer is cancer. Fired his sound designer / composer for retweeting Paul Joseph Watson.

I'd return this game if I could, but that's impossible now.

He did a bit more than that.

He expressed some views that goodthink.jpg didn't agree with?

...Wake up the boys, stir the tar, we've got some feathering to do!

He expressed views that the company that employs him doesn't agree with in a public fashion.

He expressed views that the company that employs him doesn't agree with in a public fashion.

"Wow, that's a nice fact you have there! Wait a second, you don't believe it for the wrong reasons, do ya' bucko?"

You are certifiable.

"Wow, that's a nice fact you have there! Wait a second, you don't believe it for the wrong reasons, do ya' bucko?"

You are certifiable.

When you work for someone, you're their representative on or off the clock, especially a small game developer like this.

Grow up!

When you work for someone, you're their representative on or off the clock, especially a small game developer like this.

Grow up!

Examining this further? Even the lead developer got in hot water for making remarks feminists didn't like.

It doesn't sound like this is a case of them disagreeing, but rather too much publicity for the SJW's to feed off of. He was a sacrifice, seems worse than I thought originally.

He expressed some views that goodthink.jpg didn't agree with?

...Wake up the boys, stir the tar, we've got some feathering to do!

Call it what it is, he was an insulting douche. Granted, youre more than free to be an insulting douche. But the company you work for also has every right to fire you for it since they can be bringing the developer bad press. You know he did more than just retweet one quote, but youre intentionally downplaying it because "retweeting Paul Joseph Watson" sounds much less severe than "repeatedly trolled and insulted numerous groups of people".

Trust me. If most people went around their company saying the same stuff, theyd get just as fired.

Let's be real here. You're not defending his actions as a troll, which he certainly was. You're mad because it seems like a "win" for the particular group of people he tended to troll and insult (I.E. "sjw")

Call it what it is, he was an insulting douche. Granted, youre more than free to be an insulting douche. But the company you work for also has every right to fire you for it since they can be bringing the developer bad press. You know he did more than just retweet one quote, but youre intentionally downplaying it because "retweeting Paul Joseph Watson" sounds much less severe than "repeatedly trolled and insulted numerous groups of people".

Trust me. If most people went around their company saying the same stuff, theyd get just as fired.

Let's be real here. You're not defending his actions as a troll, which he certainly was. You're mad because it seems like a "win" for the particular group of people he tended to troll and insult (I.E. "sjw")

Let's be real here. I work in the industry he's in, share similar values (he wasn't a douche, nor was the lead developer who also got flak from SJW's) and we're tired of the witch hunts.

Trust me. You are so far out of your depth it's mind boggling you'd even try your hand.

Saying people from the third world aren't going to automatically assimilate, combined with commentary on their higher crime rates, and demonstrably lower IQ in every field examined is *really* worth destroying someones career.

lqvvue1h8nbikmga8aoj-55d1d0a9-094e-4be3-b332-f201b24cae05.jpg

And repeating one of the oldest, and ironically gentle gender fluid jokes on the internet? Saying he identifies as an Attack Helicopter! Why didn't Gad Saad just block him? Mind blowing. This guy doesn't deserve a career, we should really, really fuck his world up.

I can hear it now...

"Let's make sure rolling stone, kotaku, usa gamer, shack news and nearly every other major source related to this content spreads this as "hate speech" and sets his career back, or outright destroys it. Oh, we already did that? Cool. I guess we just sit back and let sacks of talentless shit, who have never worked in the industry defend us online. Kind of like game journalists."

Well done Bob, you're on the right side of history.

Let's be real here. I work in the industry he's in,.

So? What does that have to do with anything? Out of curiosity, what shipped games have you worked on?

share similar values (he wasn't a douche, nor was the lead developer who also got flak from SJW's) and we're tired of the witch hunts.

Trust me. You are so far out of your depth it's mind boggling you'd even try your hand.

Yeah, thats sort of my entire point. Youre biased on the matter because its too personal for you.

Thats so fucking weird. Youre telling me Im out of my depth and you're clearly ignorant of what Im saying and respond with things that are totally inconsequential.

Last edited:
So? What does that have to do with anything? Out of curiosity, what shipped games have you worked on?

Many that you have more than likely played. And yes, it has a lot to do with what's being discussed you horses ass.

Yeah, thats sort of my entire point. Youre biased on the matter because its too personal for you.

Yes. My career, politics and life investments are personal to me. Outstanding logic here Bob, you're really taking this home.

Thats so fucking weird. Youre telling me Im out of my depth and you're clearly ignorant of what Im saying and respond with things that are totally inconsequential.

If repeating this mantra to yourself helps you sleep at night? More power to you. Continue to ignore the tweets I posted, and continue to lie about what got that guy fired, furthermore, continue to lie about the consequentiality of my involvement and experience which is, to say the least, considerably out of your depth.

Yes. My career, politics and life investments are personal to me. Outstanding logic here Bob, you're really taking this home.

Glad you agree with my entire point. Now we can move on.

Back