Subnautica

Glad you agree with my entire point. Now we can move on.

Of course I agree with your "point", it demonstrates that I'm willing to engage with perceived bias. Thankfully what you think, or don't think in this matter isn't terribly relevant? You may very well think you have a point, I'll concede that in your head it makes sense, you consider yourself unbiased and educated enough on these matters to speak as an authority.

I don't doubt for a second you believe any of that, what I doubt is not only your ability to be honest as you've ignored repeatedly the tweets, ironically failed to post them while accusing me of hiding evidence, and when I posted them you ignored them, etc. Also your ability to understand a lot of what's happening in the industry you don't work is in question.

I don't really think you expected these results, and I can't imagine what you'll be clinging to next. Are we done?

For clarity I'll also include the other tweet by the lead developer that got him in trouble.

subnautica-poll-women-gameplay-tweet.jpg

Any thoughts on this, Bob?

Of course I agree with your "point"

Great. Are we done?

Oh, wait. I guess not....

Thankfully what you think, or don't think in this matter isn't terribly relevant?

It's no more or less relevant than you own opinion, since we're talking about something completely subjective

You may very well think you have a point, I'll concede that in your head it makes sense

I should hope so. You just agreed with it 1 sentence ago.

you consider yourself unbiased and educated enough on these matters to speak as an authority.

An authority on subjective opinions? Sure. Ok. Like I said. My opinion has no more or less value than yours.

Unless you're talking about working in the game industry or something. Which I guess I'll have to take your word for it because youre some dude on the internet saying something.

I don't doubt for a second you believe any of that, what I doubt is not only your ability to be honest as you've ignored repeatedly the tweets, ironically failed to post them while accusing me of hiding evidence, and when I posted them you ignored them, etc. Also your ability to understand a lot of what's happening in the industry you don't work is in question.

Ignored what? I said that if you went around your job saying these things, most companies would fire you, or at the very least reprimand you. Is it fair? I guess thats relative to a lot of things. Did they warn him at all? If he was tweeting things out and they said "Ok, you gotta stop doing that", and then he went ahead and did, all of the sudden its an entirely different scenario? Did that happen? I have no idea. None of us do.

"Whats happening" in the industry is meaningless. These are issues that, if discussed publicly and with any lack of tact can get you reprimanded if you work at a company that cares about its public image. You want to talk about fair, and I want to talk about reality. We can address the reality, but it's much murkier to address whether it's fair or not since so much of that relies on internal information we'll likely never know. Which is why knee jerk reactions like yours are worthless.

Back on topic. This is the kinda stuff that makes the game amazing. Little moments that have to be experienced.
filedetails

BIG
11CDE6DCDB538C293A57FD379B708426E196D9FC

I be like "Whaaaa....?"

99493886D854C27BBCFB8CB32FADA568FFF429B2

"Need a closer look....FOR SCIENCE"

496D2C6751A0969F82DE47E200990DA7A90B9B78

"I think its actually bigger than I originally-"

8ADF53F1792C9D15AEB95DA4AD1ECEB1C2FD5E3A

"FuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUU-"

F0CEC97EC718BB643B27A14BF848BBC75145B47D

"-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

867B1BA7CDC07D407BAB4C2BF1B3D504F8E6874A

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

7929BB7FFEAF4DFD95916B3D3A897F3D38A7940D

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

FD102DF490B0175A2B2F8D5DD8EFAECA133DBC01

"-ck me"

99ABB04AD7B201215B20517DD4D49E19F8DAA4A3

"Yeah. You BETTER run"

2EAF1D861197674380769D32CC3568A8F1AD8178

"and dont come back"

Notice how my seamoth start with 84 health, and then ends with 4.

Last edited:
I said that if you went around your job saying these things, most companies would fire you, or at the very least reprimand you. Is it fair? I guess thats relative to a lot of things.

If you went around work saying what things? You first accused me of hiding them. What are the things you think are worthy of destroying someones career over? You are *not* honest enough to debate this, let alone engage it.

I also pointed out that you accused me of not showing the messages, whilst conveniently leaving them out as well. I was the one who posted them, and asked you what you thought and.... Crickets.

You started attacking me instead, asking what I had worked on, and even now just outright saying you doubt it because I'm on the "internet".

Did they warn him at all? If he was tweeting things out and they said "Ok, you gotta stop doing that", and then he went ahead and did, all of the sudden its an entirely different scenario? Did that happen? I have no idea. None of us do.

Warn him for what? This is the point. They were already under attack by SJW's, the industry has a deep, deep underbelly of politics that drive the billions of dollars, and millions of careers.

It's why I almost spit up what I was drinking when you claimed what was happening in the industry was meaningless. You'd say the same to James Damore, many already do.

We can address the reality, but it's much murkier to address whether it's fair or not since so much of that relies on internal information we'll likely never know. Which is why knee jerk reactions like yours are worthless.

Ah, yes. The retreat into the murky, the abstract. We can't *really* talk about what's going on because, well, who knows... It's knee jerk reactions? That's all. Let's just stop questioning it, and go back to posting cool pictures of the game. Games are cool.

EDIT: Games are cool.

Last edited:
If you went around work saying what things? You first accused me of hiding them. What are the things you think are worthy of destroying someones career over? You are *not* honest enough to debate this, let alone engage it.

I also pointed out that you accused me of not showing the messages, whilst conveniently leaving them out as well. I was the one who posted them, and asked you what you thought and.... Crickets.

You started attacking me instead, asking what I had worked on, and even now just outright saying you doubt it because I'm on the "internet".

Warn him for what? This is the point. They were already under attack by SJW's, the industry has a deep, deep underbelly of politics that drive the billions of dollars, and millions of careers.

It's why I almost spit up what I was drinking when you claimed what was happening in the industry was meaningless. You'd say the same to James Damore, many already do.

Ah, yes. The retreat into the murky, the abstract. We can't *really* talk about what's going on because, well, who knows... It's knee jerk reactions? That's all. Let's just stop questioning it, and go back to posting cool pictures of the game. Games are cool.

EDIT: Games are cool.

Youre talking about something completely different now, and which is specifically why I said youre too biased to see things clearly.

You want to make this about the SJW movement. Fine go for it. Id probably agree with much of it. But this started because you said the developer was a cancer. As if it was their fault that the climate is what it is. It's easy to say they should "take a stand" or something when you personally have nothing to lose from their planting their feet and potentially weathering a political storm where their IP and brand name can suffer consequences.

Ever since then your replies have just derailed things more and more. If you had just said "The SJW movement is ridiculous and it's shitty things like this can happen", I would have said "Yep". Instead, you attacked a developer.

Game doesn't look half bad.. is it for pc only??

Youre talking about something completely different now

You are certifiable.

Every single post I have made has eluded, or outright been about what's happening with the politics in the industry. Specifically how certain people are having their fucking careers destroyed (again, you repeatedly keep ignoring this, and ignoring the tweets) and it's insane to support this kind of rhetoric.

If you want to defend your position, by all means, I've just yet to see you do it once. I think we both know you can't, I think we both know you don't think anything either of those people said is worth having your career destroyed, and all the media publications in the industry labeling you a purveyor of hate speech.

You *have* a spine, Bob. I know it. Show us your spine, stand up and really defend what you're proposing. Don't just deny what's happening across multiple industries in tech, media, etc. Actually look at the tweets, what was said (even with James Damore, if you want), and tell me why they are worth having your career destroyed over.

So is the game any good? Or am I going to turn gay playing it?

Ever since then your replies have just derailed things more and more. If you had just said "The SJW movement is ridiculous and it's shitty things like this can happen", I would have said "Yep". Instead, you attacked a developer.

I should have quoted this from the onset, because it really shows what kind of dishonest bullshit you can expect from Bob.

I said outright it was the cancer developer firing him because of SJW politics. Hence my joke about goodthink.jpg. Also? Upon further investigation? I found out the developer had "himself" been attacked by SJW's. Every post I have made, even what I was calling cancer was because of the politics that led, Paul Joseph Watson being a conservative, to him being fired.

You're in such a sad state of delusional you're going to pretend my comments weren't always about the SJW state that rallies for people to get fired.

And more info, I mean this is relevant, they had things trending on twitter against him, hashtags, movements, etc. They pressured the developer, and just like the Firewatch guys, I called them cancer.

You are certifiable.

Every single post I have made has eluded, or outright been about what's happening with the politics in the industry. Specifically how certain people are having their fucking careers destroyed (again, you repeatedly keep ignoring this, and ignoring the tweets) and it's insane to support this kind of rhetoric.

If you want to defend your position, by all means, I've just yet to see you do it once. I think we both know you can't, I think we both know you don't think anything either of those people said is worth having your career destroyed, and all the media publications in the industry labeling you a purveyor of hate speech.

You *have* a spine, Bob. I know it. Show us your spine, stand up and really defend what you're proposing. Don't just deny what's happening across multiple industries in tech, media, etc. Actually look at the tweets, what was said (even with James Damore, if you want), and tell me why they are worth having your career destroyed over.

Jesus christ. Literally everything you snipped out of the quote answers or retorts all of this.

[
I should have quoted this from the onset, because it really shows what kind of dishonest bullshit you can expect from Bob.

I said outright it was the cancer developer firing him because of SJW politics. Hence my joke about goodthink.jpg. Also? Upon further investigation? I found out the developer had "himself" been attacked by SJW's. Every post I have made, even what I was calling cancer was because of the politics that led, Paul Joseph Watson being a conservative, to him being fired.

You're in such a sad state of delusional you're going to pretend my comments weren't always about the SJW state that rallies for people to get fired.

And more info, I mean this is relevant, they had things trending on twitter against him, hashtags, movements, etc. They pressured the developer, and just like the Firewatch guys, I called them cancer.

Youre so full of shit

This was your quote:

This developer is cancer. Fired his sound designer / composer for retweeting Paul Joseph Watson.

I'd return this game if I could, but that's impossible now.

Theres nothing there about the cancer of "SJW politics". Backtrack all you want, youre point was about the developer and now youre posting pages of bullshit ranting trying to defend it.

Im done. Feel free to have the last word. Im sure it will be a couple of paragraphs of some other drivel thats completely different than what I responded to. Or it'll just be a one sentence quote as if that was the only thing I wrote.

Last edited:
Now lets get back to the game that this thread is about.

Screw reapers.

Last edited:
Theres nothing there about the cancer of "SJW politics". Backtrack all you want, youre point was about the developer and now youre posting pages of bullshit ranting trying to defend it.

Im done. Feel free to have the last word. Im sure it will be a couple of paragraphs of some other drivel thats completely different than what I responded to. Or it'll just be a one sentence quote as if that was the only thing I wrote.

Ok, I'll oblige you and take the last word.

Who's the "cancer" that usually goes after Paul Joseph Watson? Or people who have similar politics? Is it the religious right Bob? Is it conservatives Bob? Do I really have to say SJW in order for you to wrap your head around it?

What did you think I meant by cancer? Did you think I actually meant cancer? Like the developer had cancer, and that's why he was being forced to fire this guy for offending thousands of SJW's on twitter? Because once again, as you are ignoring, he got fired because the developer buckled to thousands of people (SJW's) tweeting about it on twitter.

You seem to be confused.

Anyways, here are all my original comments in order *before* you even replied to me. If you don't think I was talking about social just politics you're... Probably in denial.

This developer is cancer. Fired his sound designer / composer for retweeting Paul Joseph Watson.

I'd return this game if I could, but that's impossible now.

"Wow, that's a nice fact you have there! Wait a second, you don't believe it for the wrong reasons, do ya' bucko?"

You are certifiable.

Examining this further? Even the lead developer got in hot water for making remarks feminists didn't like.

It doesn't sound like this is a case of them disagreeing, but rather too much publicity for the SJW's to feed off of. He was a sacrifice, seems worse than I thought originally.

He expressed some views that goodthink.jpg didn't agree with?

...Wake up the boys, stir the tar, we've got some feathering to do!

All of this was said before you replied to me, and you saying I tried to spin it into some SJW argument is insane, it was an SJW argument the entire time. The part that is confusing to you is when I found out that the developer wasn't an SJW himself, and actually had to sacrifice his friend.

Good talk.

No radio messages in ages. Feel free to post a spoiler tag helper, if you can. Would like to see what's next in the story.

progress:

already have Seamoth/Prawn/Cyclops and built a small base, found 2 islands. So what gives?

No radio messages in ages. Feel free to post a spoiler tag helper, if you can. Would like to see what's next in the story.

progress:

already have Seamoth/Prawn/Cyclops and built a small base, found 2 islands. So what gives?

As much as I love the game, this is one of the gripes I have. It's almost a little "too" open world. Also, it's really easy to search a location and not realize youve missed a PDA that gives some very useful info on where to go next. Basically I guess youre supposed to just kind of go "I'll go this way" and start searching areas you havent been too. Which is cool, but the carrot leading you could be done a bit better.

If youre looking for what to do next, dont be afraid to look online and see if you missed a piece of info on a place youve already searched out.

If you already:

Searched the degrassi island base, theres a PDA that give another location for a deeper base

Back