Subutex and Suboxone - Easier To get Off Than Methadone?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who of you have used Subutex or Suboxone to get off of methadone? Do you feel they are easier to get off of than methadone regarding withdrawals, cravings, etc?

Who of you have used Subutex or Suboxone to get off of methadone? Do you feel they are easier to get off of than methadone regarding withdrawals, cravings, etc?

Methadone is easy to come off of if you lower your dose by 5mg every week to two weeks, then once you're down to 1 to 2 ml, you lower it by 1mg per week to two weeks, and from there it's pretty easy.

I know many people who do it this way and have had no issues

Think of it as a marathon, not a race. You should not rush to get off. By doing it this way you should have zero problems,

I was in a bad car accident 2 years ago and was prescribed oxy contin 80mg. It was too hard to get off so I went on methadone. I started at 5ml 50mg, and went down 5mg every week sometimes 2 weeks, and once I got to 1ml I dropped down just 1mg every 2 weeks until I was off. I never had any issues and I'm being totally honest, but I wasn't dabbing with Oxys at all once I was going down. If you're not using anything while dropping the dose, you'll be fine, but obviously if you're using whatever while trying to drop your methadone dose then you will obviously have issues.

I was in a bad car accident 2 years ago and was prescribed oxy contin 80mg. It was too hard to get off so I went on methadone. I started at 5ml 50mg, and went down 5mg every week sometimes 2 weeks, and once I got to 1ml I dropped down just 1mg every 2 weeks until I was off. I never had any issues and I'm being totally honest, but I wasn't dabbing with Oxys at all once I was going down. If you're not using anything while dropping the dose, you'll be fine, but obviously if you're using whatever while trying to drop your methadone dose then you will obviously have issues.

I hate to bother you, but what is the difference between ml and mg? If they're the same, don't you mean once you got down to 10 mg a day then you decreased by 1mg every 2 wks?

Or maybe 5 ml is the size of the pill, so 10 pills would equal 50 mg. Please explain this if you don't mind. Thank you!

I hate to bother you, but what is the difference between ml and mg? If they're the same, don't you mean once you got down to 10 mg a day then you decreased by 1mg every 2 wks?

Or maybe 5 ml is the size of the pill, so 10 pills would equal 50 mg. Please explain this if you don't mind. Thank you!

No problem.

With the methadone that is given here at the pharmacist, 1ml equals 10mgs of methadone. So if you're in for example 55mgs per day, that means you're drinking 5.5ml. The methadone here is dosed at 10mg per 1ml.

So you drop down 5mg each week until you get low on your dosage. So if you start at 55mg, that's 5.5ml then after a week you go down to 5ml which is 50mg etc. This is just how the doctors and pharmacists do it here, it's pretty standard,

Back