Such a robbery...

IBeLurkin

I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed
@Black
Reaction score
I'm probably in the few who cares, but whatever...I'm watching this card on DVR so...

Anyone actually watch Albert Morales vs Benito Lopez??

I may not be an official judge like Cecil Peoples, but how the fuck did Morales lose that fight??

Lopez did some damage in the first, but Morales lit him up immediately after that and for the rest of the fight.

Just awful...

I'll be honest my memory of the fight is fuzzy but I do remember questioning the decision. I just don't know whether or not I felt it was a robbery at the time. Perhaps I just didn't pay enough attention to the fight. I need to watch it again to say for certain.

Morales probably could have taken a decision but the fight was close enough I wouldn't call it a robbery .

Lopez R1
Lopez R2
Morales R3

Lopez almost finished Morales on the ground and when Morales took Lopez back on the fence, he didn't shit. I don't reward guys not trying to advance position, playing safe for 3min throwing rabbit punches. Lopez won.

It was close enough for me not to argue with it.

Lopez R1
Lopez R2
Morales R3

Lopez almost finished Morales on the ground and when Morales took Lopez back on the fence, he didn't shit. I don't reward guys not trying to advance position, playing safe for 3min throwing rabbit punches. Lopez won.
Lopez had his moment in round 1, but he didn't land shit after that.

I had it for Morales as well but we seem to be in the minority on that opinion.

Judges were off all night imo. In the Knight and Benitez fight the scores were
30-26, 30-26, And 29-27 - remember a point was deducted for biting, so two judges scored 10-8, and the third scored a 9-9?? Wtf??

I almost thought that when the scores were read and heard it was for Benito, I thought they announced the wrong winner. Morales owned that fight and totally disenfranchised scoring. He seemed to have ring generalship and controlled where the fight went as well as the aggressor.
Tough loss for Albert here!

30-26, 30-26, And 29-27 - remember a point was deducted for biting, so two judges scored 10-8, and the third scored a 9-9?? Wtf??

Without the point deduction the scores would be 30-27, 30-27, and 29-28. So two judges gave Benitez all three rounds and one judge gave him two rounds. The first round was close.

I scored the fight a draw 29-29. Round 1 a draw, round 2 10-9 for Lopez, and round 3 10-9 for Morales.
Round 1 I scored 10-10 because Morales dropped Lopez with a jab, then Lopez hurt him and they exchanged against the cage. Later Lopez dropped him twice (I think it was twice) with flying knees and he then latched onto a guillotine (which was a big mistake imo, should have gone for the finish with strikes) for about a minute. Morales then proceeded to hang onto Lopez's back and pepper him with short punches for the rest of the round, but it was nothing too damaging. Both got their licks in, 10-10 imo.

No, the worst judging of the night was the 29-28 in Anders vs Perez by Marcos Rosales.

Out of your mind if you think that is a robbery
Just a close fight

Third judge gave one round to knight, that's the only difference.

Probably R1 10-8 Benitez, R2 10-9 Knight and R3 10-9 Benitez, resulting in 29-27 for Benitez. Nothing absurd. No 9-9.

The fight was close but no robbery.move on

Back