Sugar Ray Leonard of the Kalule fight vs. Terry Norris.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Leonard fought Terry Norris when he was past his prime, but what if the Leonard in the Kalule fight fought him? Could Leonard win?

Leonard fought Terry Norris when he was past his prime, but what if the Leonard in the Kalule fight fought him? Could Leonard win?
That’s pretty much prime Leonard right there, of course he could beat Norris.

Norris is a funny one, had all the tools and had some very impressive fights, but always had that doubt hanging over his chin.

Ray hits hard enough IMO to make a dent in him, which would lead to a stoppage at some point

Prime Leonard has the chin and reflexes to take or slip what Norris has to offer. He eats some at mid-range but ends up getting inside and wrecking Norris there.

i'm sure he could even though he looked awful in that fight and took some huge punches. He was still active and, i assume, testing the waters against a southpaw (probably reason he looked bad), for a hagler fight. that's probably one of his worse performances of that time though and it gives credence to what i've been saying, in those days, a few pounds made a huge difference.

Norris is a funny one, had all the tools and had some very impressive fights, but always had that doubt hanging over his chin.

Ray hits hard enough IMO to make a dent in him, which would lead to a stoppage at some point
norris was a well rounded fighter, great handspeed, great power, great heart----No chin, squared up too much and didn't watch for incoming punches like he should have. Leonard was the superior fighter.

i'm sure he could even though he looked awful in that fight and took some huge punches. He was still active and, i assume, testing the waters against a southpaw (probably reason he looked bad), for a hagler fight. that's probably one of his worse performances of that time though and it gives credence to what i've been saying, in those days, a few pounds made a huge difference.

I think he also fought Larry Bonds to prepare for Hagler.

I think he also fought Larry Bonds to prepare for Hagler.
ya? well, he was definitely headed in that direction even though it looked to me that he was scared of hagler and only wanted him when he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Never liked ray and i believe he would have lost had they fought when they should have, even though i think he was the greater fighter, too small.

Back