Suggestions on a new motherboard for an older Windows 7 Celeron Dual Core Computer?

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Whats up sherdoggies!

I have an older computer, a E-Machine ET1831-01 Celeron Windows 7 64-Bit 4 gigs of ram 300gb hard drive. and the motherboard is broken.

I need another computer to simply edit my videos (simply cutting out frames and saving with windows movie maker). Editing and saving videos doesn't need any graphics cards or anything fancy, it only uses the processor and even slow computers can edit and render videos bigly good, just a bit slower. I have an extra computer and when I tried to get it to turn on the other day it wouldnt work. I looked in the case and some of the capacitors? on the motherboard seem to have broken off (not sure how).

So my question is, can I just get a new motherboard and install my Celeron chip from my broken motherboard onto that and put the whole thing into my computer? Also, will I still retain my version of windows or do I need to buy a new license?

If I can use a new motherboard, any suggestions on one for around $50-$75? Should I just buy a new computer? I can get a Intel Pentium i5 Refurbished computer with Windows 10 and 2 TB hard drive for like $200 on Amazon.

I have experience with computers but have never done anything with the motherboard or processor before so any help is appreciated.

First off, thank you for your dedication to making cumshot compilations.

The bones of that computer are from 2010. You don't want to add a new mobo and keep the same CPU, even if you could find one compatible. If you buy a new mobo and processor you are looking at 100-300$ then you need to buy memory that matches that motherboard. That hard drive is also probably a PATA drive, so you'd have to either find an adapter or clone it somehow.

Save yourself the hassle and go buy a $500 basic computer that can handle peter north videos.

I agree with the above. Buying a new motherboard for such an old computer is a waste of money. Might as well buy a used computer for almost as cheap as a new motherboard or invest a few hundred bucks on a new basic computer.

91bca39fa00b6fad0e2d9615c783beac.jpg

The processor is too old and out of date to just do a refurbish around it (not that new mb's for that processor have been around for a while either). Grab a decent low cost AMD cpu and build around that if you don't want to spend much.

So my question is, can I just get a new motherboard and install my Celeron chip from my broken motherboard onto that and put the whole thing into my computer? Also, will I still retain my version of windows or do I need to buy a new license?

you're better off just getting another working system or building a new one. for win7 to be fine with what you're looking to accomplish, you would have to purchase the exact same motherboard that is broken and which the OS was configured around. putting that chip into a compatible motherboard that's not exactly the same as your current broken one can have various issues. first and foremost is booting issues. and even if you get the driver stuff squared away, win7 is gonna complain about the change and want to re-activate, and may not even accept your current license key due to the hardware change.

so yeah, salvage what you can from the broken computer (like the hard drive with all your data on it) and move on.

I wouldn't get refurbished stuff, you don't know what the previous owner did with it.

Search for mini pcs on Amazon, they're cheaper than $200 new and should be capable of basic video editing.

Some of the parts in there might look broken or crooked, but are supposed to be like that, I think.

Try re-seating the RAM. Flip the side clips, take out the RAM and blow some compressed air on the connections, wipe dust, put the RAM back by pressing down straight in all the way until the RAM clicks in place and secure the side clips. Take out the CMOS battery for a minute or so and put it back in. Try to boot.

Whats up sherdoggies!

I have an older computer, a E-Machine ET1831-01 Celeron Windows 7 64-Bit 4 gigs of ram 300gb hard drive. and the motherboard is broken.

I need another computer to simply edit my videos (simply cutting out frames and saving with windows movie maker). Editing and saving videos doesn't need any graphics cards or anything fancy, it only uses the processor and even slow computers can edit and render videos bigly good, just a bit slower. I have an extra computer and when I tried to get it to turn on the other day it wouldnt work. I looked in the case and some of the capacitors? on the motherboard seem to have broken off (not sure how).

If I can use a new motherboard, any suggestions on one for around $50-$75? Should I just buy a new computer? I can get a Intel Pentium i5 Refurbished computer with Windows 10 and 2 TB hard drive for like $200 on Amazon.

I have experience with computers but have never done anything with the motherboard or processor before so any help is appreciated.
Do you know exactly what processor is in it?

Never mind looked it up, that’s a slow ass processor.

You’d be worlds ahead with the 200.00 pentuin you found

OP, your threads are truly bewildering. you want to be some weird streamer, but you have no idea what you're doing and no idea about computers - which explains why you think that PC gaming is for 12 year olds.

also, you JUST denied needing a better system:

never needed another computer yet. i dont play PC games because i am over the age of 12 and all of my computers work perfectly fine

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/check-out-my-gaming-setup-and-game-room-construction.3783913/

wow i really rustled your jimmies
No you come off like an ass clown saying that editing videos doesn’t need good hardware, but the only thing we have see you post is an absolute horror show of a film clip.

That’s not editing video, and it’s not high quality video, and while YOU don’t need good stuff for that, editing high quality video , shooting in a format and blanket color correction and 4K rendered does infact require a strong ass pc.

It’s the whole reason I’m building one right now.

No you come off like an ass clown saying that editing videos doesn’t need good hardware, but the only thing we have see you post is an absolute horror show of a film clip.

That’s not editing video, and it’s not high quality video, and while YOU don’t need good stuff for that, editing high quality video , shooting in a format and blanket color correction and 4K rendered does infact require a strong ass pc.

It’s the whole reason I’m building one right now.

because video editing didnt exist 10 years ago right? and the video you saw was recorded on an iphone 4 and not edited at all lol

Whats up sherdoggies!

Why not buy a used computer for $100?

Yours is worth about $50 with the board working.

Why not buy a used computer for $100?

Yours is worth about $50 with the board working.
I think I am going to get a refurbished or a used computer. I dont necessarily need more processing power but a newer computer would have windows 10 which is a lot more friendly for recording gaming and for live streaming, so I will probably demote my main computer to editing/rendering duty and use the newer computer to record since it will probably have more ram and storage.

I think I am going to get a refurbished or a used computer. I dont necessarily need more processing power but a newer computer would have windows 10 which is a lot more friendly for recording gaming and for live streaming, so I will probably demote my main computer to editing/rendering duty and use the newer computer to record since it will probably have more ram and storage.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Windows-10-P...uters/179/bn_2781339?rt=nc&_udlo=10&_udhi=150

Back