Suicide Pod, WTF!

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.newsweek.com/suicide-machine-sarco-death-pod-lets-users-kill-themselves-revealed-886658

sarco_0.png

Reminds me of Soylent Green! When they Off'd Edward G.

sgsunset.jpg

Looks aerodynamic. Perfect for travelling to the other side.

It's morbid, but I see nothing wrong with it. The creators seem to be doing it strictly out of care for the suffering.

Great idea, but the depending on the cost people may still choose to throw themselves in front of a train for free.

Its a good idea for terminally ill people who don't want to go through the pain of a slow death. Who are we to tell people they must suffer badly.

these are like the ones in Futurama?

suicide_booth_futurama.gif

Looks cost prohibitive.

Now if you could check in and it would give you a does of Psychedelics and Morphine, might be a better way out than slow asphyxia.

Wondering if this is non-inclusive for religion of peace since they needs to kill infidels at the same time for suicide to be halal. Can they make it rocket into the nearest crowd of people or some shit?

And here I thought that high bridges and tall buildings were enough, but nnnnoooooo.

Wondering if this is non-inclusive for religion of peace since they needs to kill infidels at the same time for suicide to be halal. Can they make it rocket into the nearest crowd of people or some shit?

Blasting around on a rocket in a state of near-death euphoria is how I wanna go.

"I believe it’s a fundamental human right [to choose when to die]. It’s not just some medical privilege for the very sick."

Terminally ill privilege is real folks.

Cost would be the obvious issue. But I guess if you're buying a casket, and it's close enough to the price of one. I see real benefit here over blowing your brains out or hanging yourself and having a loved one or even some unlucky stranger or cop have to come across that grisly scene.

Cremation seems really popular now a days though - is this not the case in Europe?

"I believe it’s a fundamental human right [to choose when to die]. It’s not just some medical privilege for the very sick."

Terminally ill privilege is real folks.
Hmm. I'm a straight, white male. If I get cancer, I'll be the most privileged person in the world........ yes!

“This is a situation where one person chooses to press a button rather than for instance standing in front of a train. I believe it’s a fundamental human right [to choose when to die]. It’s not just some medical privilege for the very sick. If you’ve got the precious gift of life, you should be able to give that gift away at the time of your choosing.”

<WhoJeff>

Great idea, but the depending on the cost people may still choose to throw themselves in front of a train for free.

Its a good idea for terminally ill people who don't want to go through the pain of a slow death. Who are we to tell people they must suffer badly.
This reminds me of a joke by Bill Burr.

Back