Sulaiman thinks adding more judges will solve things...

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
I personally cant think of a worse idea, it just opens up the wider web for corruption and shit judges

its hard enough to find 3 good judges who can score a fight properly, imagine adding in another 3

It didn't help at the Olympics so I don't think it'll work in the pros. The problem is deeper than the number of judges scoring the bout. The WBC can't even decide on the number of judges that they'd like. They're saying "5 or 6" which means that they haven't exactly thought this through. You'd want an odd number, not an even one.

I agree with him. Five instead of three should have been introduced a long time ago already. Glory has done well with it and contrary to what has been said above, I think the last Olympic games using that system have been awesome in terms of fairness. It's less chance for error in case of competency. And at least makes it more difficult in case of corruption. (Paying 3 is more expensive than paying 2)

Judges aren't stupid, there's just not enough of them. Thanks Mauricio. Give yourself a commemorative WBC figuring it out belt.

It didn't help at the Olympics so I don't think it'll work in the pros. The problem is deeper than the number of judges scoring the bout. The WBC can't even decide on the number of judges that they'd like. They're saying "5 or 6" which means that they haven't exactly thought this through. You'd want an odd number, not an even one.

I've seen Glory cards with five judges, and they still screwed up decisions.

Ultimately, it's a subjective exercise, so you'll never get a consensus on close fights, but they could drastically improve judging just by banning judges who are known to produce garbage scorecards.

Also, the pay structure should be uniform. Judges get paid more to do high-profile, televised cards. That means that they're incentivized to favor the house fighters so that they keep getting invited back.

In theory having more judges makes robberys less likely. Same with more rounds. Depending on more frames to win means it takes more mistakes to change the outcome. We'd be going from 36 frames to 72 frames. Look at MMA with its 9-15 frames a gust of wind can hand the fight to the wrong fighter.

The idea would seem silly and amateur in practice but if we're talking just results I have no doubt Sulaiman has data that suggests 6 judges would improve the relability of judging.

I personally cant think of a worse idea, it just opens up the wider web for corruption and shit judges

its hard enough to find 3 good judges who can score a fight properly, imagine adding in another 3

what’s far more important in this fight is having a strong and neutral ref. Fury will cheat as much as he can get away with when he realises he isn’t out boxing usyk

Back