Sullivan Barrera....where does he go from here after bivol?

TownBiz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't really expect barrera to beat bivol...but i thought at least he'd put up a good showing...instead he showed me nothing.

Been watching barrera for some time now...his career had a promising start. he impressed me from time to time...his KO's of murat and shabransky especially...but showed his limitations against joe smith and valera. I mean, he nearly got KO'd by joe smith...JOE SMITH!...like wtf? i think that was the moment i realized barrera wasn't going to make it to the top. then he looked really pedestrian getting dropped and going the distance with the awkward but very limited valera.

Of course, barrera lost every minute of every round against ward and was lucky not to get ktfo...but that's andre ward...i figured barrera would learn from that loss and improve.

Instead, it looks like barrera is actually regressing...thing is, he doesn't have that many fights...(21-2), so he's at a stage when a lotta guys are just starting to hit their stride as a pro...but seems to me barrera is over the hill already.

maybe a change of trainer is in order...someone to get him to that next level. otherwise, looks like he's hit his ceiling...if not, he becomes a stepping stone for beterbiev, stevenson, jack, yarde and the other real stars of the lh div.

I think father time has caught him. Dont expect him to do any better then he already has.

Back