SUMO - 2018 Haru Basho (March 11th - 25th)

Ichinojo really seems to have figured out that he's a mountain and leaning on people is the way to go, could be a contender this basho.
yeah, i'm liking how ichinojo looks so far this tournament. these last few tournaments he's been looking a lot better than his lackluster tournaments, and more like he did when he debuted in the top division.

Day 4- Dat Tochinoshin match! End with that drag. The leaning tower takes an L.

On a side note, I was hoping every rikishi on the left side of the screen would win because of the guy in sunglasses. Not letting me add the image but you see him.

Edit- just attached it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.19.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.19.59 AM.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 3
Terunofuji out, two yokozunas out, Takayasu and Goeido doing ok at best, there has to be a new guy who's going to step up and become Ozeki soon.

Great bout between Tochinoshin and Takakeisho, seems like Tochinoshin is struggling a little to get his belt grips.

Terunofuji with a 3rd win in a row

I’m rooting for Ishiura in this tourney. He really impressed me during hatsu basho and I think he can become a well versed rikishi in the future.

On a side note, I was hoping every rikishi on the left side of the screen would win because of the guy in sunglasses. Not letting me add the image but you see him.

Edit- just attached it.
that guy had some majestic smiles and nods of approval. looking spiffy in that white jacket.

great match between takakeisho and tochinoshin. really good job of surviving some tough spots by takakeisho, and tochinoshin just got too reckless going for the kill and wasn't able to get a hold of takakeisho's mawashi.

and today on Hattorizakura Watch:

2s8ffig.gif

Abi is really fun and throws his long palm strikes like a madman but I think he needs to work on not giving up so much ground. His agility gets him out of some tough spots but I feel it’s often him being content to move backwards that gets him in trouble in the first place.
Aoiyama and Kaisei surprising me this tournament with solid sumo.
Takayasu and Goeido not as sharp as I was expecting.
Looks like people are much more aware of Tochinoshin wanting the outside left grip and denying it, but I’m sure the injury doesn’t help.
Kakuyru putting in some legit Yokozuna performances, looks like it might be his tournament to loose

Was bummed when Hakuho and kisenosato withdrew but lots of fun and surprising matches so far!

day 6 kintama:

full days with japanese commentary are also being uploaded by Mbovo Sumo:

Awesome kotenage from Tochinoshin, Endo gave a great fight too.

Hattorizakura is now on a 77 bout losing streak and 1-99 overall

Some fun stuff in Juryo today and Kinta did another video for it

Awesome kotenage from Tochinoshin, Endo gave a great fight too.
that throw was amazing. i thought it was an uwatenage, but it's even more impressive as a kotenage.

also lower down, i love seeing sokokurai with the power tsuridashi lifting.

day 8:

kaisei is looking really good this tournament. i'd be surprised if he can keep it up, but he's having a great tournament so far.

Day 9- Kaisei so working it. Tochinoshin looking good as well. Close one for Kakuryuu

Really impressive the balls this Enhou has to go up against such an extreme weight disadvantage.

The Takayasu vs Chiyotairyuu Uwatenage win looked very technical and smooth (but I have no Sumo expertise). My favourite win this day.

Question to the experts: Do sumo fighters get coached before a fight with what technique they should attack or even more specific in what order they should execute their attack and what should be the winning technique? Kind of an individual coaching regarding the opponent?

great again from ichinojo.

thought takayasu looked really good too.

i don't mind henkas when guys like ishiura do them, but when guys like goeido do them it's much different.

Back