Superfly 2 set for Feb 24 | Srisaket vs Estrada | More fights announced

Estrada salty and thinks the Mexican crowd reaction is proof he won the fight

But Estrada felt is victory was so clear that everyone - other than the judges - scored him as the winner.

"I think I won the fight, I hope they give me a rematch so I can demonstrate that I should have had the victory, since the judges gave it to him. I think they handed in a bad decision. The best judge of what happened are the people and they saw me win," Estrada said.

"The only ones who saw Sor Rungvisai win were the judges. For me, the fight was stolen. I'm going forward to do great things and hopefully they give me the opportunity to fight him or any other champion."
https://www.boxingscene.com/estrada...-125643?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

also felt like merchant has been way off base lately. actually ive been noticing it for awhile. Sometimes im like what the fuck were you watching. I was thinking he gets swayed alot by the end of the round
Do you mean Lederman? If so, then yes, Harold was out to lunch tonight.

Merchant has been off HBO for a while now.

Do you mean Lederman? If so, then yes, Harold was out to lunch tonight.

Merchant has been off HBO for a while now.
Who could be on their game with muscular asian claves on display?

Man I just want to say how grateful I am that htis is a boxing sub. I know the little guys don't get the love they deserve even in boxing sometimes, but I shudder to think how this would have gone down if this were an MMA fight. We'd have drunk fans booing and screaming "Manlet" before the fight even went down.

Thank god boxing fans are more civilized and appreciative of the guys who go out there and get their shit pushed in for their entertainment.
i think it has a lot to do with the average age of the poster, too. i'm willing to bet at least half of the people in the heavies are 17 or under. apparently, these days guys that age are insecure about how big they are. being tall is extremely important when you're 14.

but yeah, boxing has historically been far more appreciative of the little guys.

i agree,
from what i saw, sor rungvisai is very hittable

would like to see a bigger puncher vs sor rungvisai next
higa will be an interesting matchup too

The only reason Rungvisai stayed upright is because Estrada isn't a hard puncher. Tete is P4P one of the hardest punchers in the sport.

The only reason Rungvisai stayed upright is because Estrada isn't a hard puncher. Tete is P4P one of the hardest punchers in the sport.

Estrada is actually a decent puncher, but Tete is bigger and has a few one shot KOs.

Estrada is actually a decent puncher, but Tete is bigger and has a few one shot KOs.
Tete is one of the most interesting guys in boxing right now. I can't tell what to make of him. He seems to have developed in a way that he uses his reach well with solid boxing, and he has some pop to his punches. That said, this is also the guy that has some losses to some pretty mediocre opponents, and he hasn't been fighting killers since his last loss (not bums, but nobody B+ level or better). I want to see him in there with some better BWs, because I sense that he could be either a P4P level talent or a guy that got a lot of hype off of a spectacular KO. Not only that, but the division is sporting some promising talent right now. If the WBSS is serious about going to BW (which seems to be the case), he could be in there with some high level guys. The only current BW I would favor of him rihgt now is Nery and that's pretty 50-50 IMO. Burnett is good too, but he seems a bit reckless at times. Inoue adds an interesting question to hte division, but we'll see how he looks against McDonell first before I feel confident enough to decide how I see him vs the rest of the division.

Tete is one of the most interesting guys in boxing right now. I can't tell what to make of him. He seems to have developed in a way that he uses his reach well with solid boxing, and he has some pop to his punches. That said, this is also the guy that has some losses to some pretty mediocre opponents, and he hasn't been fighting killers since his last loss (not bums, but nobody B+ level or better). I want to see him in there with some better BWs, because I sense that he could be either a P4P level talent or a guy that got a lot of hype off of a spectacular KO. Not only that, but the division is sporting some promising talent right now. If the WBSS is serious about going to BW (which seems to be the case), he could be in there with some high level guys. The only current BW I would favor of him rihgt now is Nery and that's pretty 50-50 IMO. Burnett is good too, but he seems a bit reckless at times. Inoue adds an interesting question to hte division, but we'll see how he looks against McDonell first before I feel confident enough to decide how I see him vs the rest of the division.

It is tough to make too much of Tete considering his level of competition, but a guy like Paul Butler is decent and he was completely outclassed by Tete. The WBSS is an ideal format for the classes which have good talent who lack name value, and it would be nice to see one at BW. I'd be surprised if Inoue entered into it, though (not because he's scared or that he'd lack the talent to win, but because he already generates a lot and probably it probably wouldn't be best way of making money).

It is tough to make too much of Tete considering his level of competition, but a guy like Paul Butler is decent and he was completely outclassed by Tete. The WBSS is an ideal format for the classes which have good talent who lack name value, and it would be nice to see one at BW. I'd be surprised if Inoue entered into it, though (not because he's scared or that he'd lack the talent to win, but because he already generates a lot and probably it probably wouldn't be best way of making money).
yeah, we have to see more of Tete before we call him elite, but the man has some serious promise, and IMO passes the eye test. It sounds like the WBSS wants to do BW, which will be great for the division. Inoue is moving to BW and fighting the great robber baron Jamie McDonnell next. I think there's a decent chance he fights in the WBSS because the pay will be better than jumping around between the US and Japan. He said he was open to fight in the UK, so I think that matches up well with the WBSS's Euro-centric approach.

Last edited:
He might not be the hardest puncher, but he timed in lunging in quite a few times. You’d expect a guy to get rattled a bit and it never really did. The guy has a crazy chin.

I remember wanting to bet Butler against Tete as a small favorite but had to watch tape on Tete first. Saw the tape and had to switch my bet to Tete he looked so good. Interested to see how he does when he steps up the comp.

I think Estrada's a good puncher, not a huge puncher but has some pop. Sor Rungvisai just seemed bigger, showed a helluva chin, and had some serious pop that took a lot of good work that Estrada was doing, away, the longer the rd would go on for. Estrada the better classic athlete, quicker, better timing, more technical style. Sor Rungvisai has a brutal style to him, tho.

Back