Surprise: Ancient Gladiators Were Vegetarians (according to Smithsonian)

it's a myth that gladiators fought to the death. It was an ancient version of WWE, deaths happened but not often. Most of them were part of performance troupes that traveled to put on shows.

You got are source on that one?

FWIW: many kushti wrestlers in India get their main protein from almonds

Maybe this is why indians are on the list for smaller penis, they dont eat red meat, red meat makes your dick grow during puberty eat them steaks

Excellent. And when someone as yourself takes meditation seriously, it simply comes to the heart that you don't like meat anymore, it just gets out naturally. No problem if you eat meat, as I see you do it rarely and your mentality is different. It surely is a cleansing phase and cleansing of karma... and that takes energy to clean (your own life force or kundalini and there is much kundalini on the surface that is used to cleanse and it takes your energy) that's why you can feel weak. When you take meat, body is still adjusted to it and it helps you for a short period and it slows the cleansing, but it won't stop it, especially when you meditate. Body is used to the meat, probably less and less and it needs time to adjust to new energy also. Once that's done, it's far better than meat. Body is cleaner. And you must know when you meditate seriously, the cleansing process is faster and heavier. Meditation is the fire for karma, it turns karma to ashes, especially when you are more experienced, when you can exactly see and be aware what is happening in your body, in your system.

I eat no eggs, I do diary and I do about 10 days fasting per month and when I eat, I eat once per day. But of course, I also went through some phase, but then body adjusted itself, but you have to be persistent. No pain no gain. But if you need meat sometimes, eat some meat, and continue with your mentality and that phase will be gone sooner or later.

Right on, great to hear. I do agree with you and part of my character flaw is being somewhat of an extreme personality. I have to learn to slowly minimize it. Like start with consuming a meat meal once a week than once every two weeks and etc...

One thing I noticed is, I don't get messed up if the meat comes from a decent source. Like there is a place called Harvey's burger and I noticed that their burgers don't mess me up like other places. Checked their website and noticed they have a program in regards to animal welfare in regards to meats coming from a cruelty free farms. Naturally the meat will have fillers added because it is a fast food business at the end of the day. But at least, its a good place to start.

You got are source on that one?

Gladiator games changed a lot through the centuries so it depends on the particular time we are talking about but generally he's right, lanistae spent a lot of money to house, fed and train their gladiators, and some of those gladiators became fan favorites, they had feuds and storylines going and all that, they became ''celebs'' so to speak lol.
The people who got slaughtered on a consistent basis in the arena were the prisoners of wars but gladiators weren't nearly as disposable and didn't die as much as it's portrayed, in fact I forgot in which ancient text I read this (maybe ''The Annals'' by Tacitus) but there were even gladiators bitching about not fighting more often like ufc fighters do today, who would bitch about such a thing if death was the most common outcome?

This is a nice summary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/gladiators_01.shtml

Last edited:
Gladiator games changed a lot through the centuries so it depends on the particular time we are talking about but generally he's right, lanistae spent a lot of money to house, fed and train their gladiators, and some of those gladiators became fan favorites, they had feuds and storylines going and all that, they became ''celebs'' so to speak lol.
The people who got slaughtered on a consistent basis in the arena were the prisoners of wars but gladiators weren't nearly as disposable and didn't die as much as it's portrayed, in fact I forgot in which ancient text I read this (maybe ''The Annals'' by Tacitus) but there were even gladiators bitching about not fighting more often like ufc fighters do today, who would bitch about such a thing if death was the most common outcome?

This is a nice summary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/gladiators_01.shtml

I could see that how funny would it be if this Gladiator stuff was just fake, and we got it all wrong and it was just a fake show like WWE choreographed and nobody actually died.

I could see that how funny would it be if this Gladiator stuff was just fake, and we got it all wrong and it was just a fake show like WWE choreographed and nobody actually died.
They had performance troupes that would reenact famous battles. Pretty hard to get people to be on the losing side if its for keeps.

Right on, great to hear. I do agree with you and part of my character flaw is being somewhat of an extreme personality. I have to learn to slowly minimize it. Like start with consuming a meat meal once a week than once every two weeks and etc...

One thing I noticed is, I don't get messed up if the meat comes from a decent source. Like there is a place called Harvey's burger and I noticed that their burgers don't mess me up like other places. Checked their website and noticed they have a program in regards to animal welfare in regards to meats coming from a cruelty free farms. Naturally the meat will have fillers added because it is a fast food business at the end of the day. But at least, its a good place to start.

Really glad to hear it.

Excellent. And when someone as yourself takes meditation seriously, it simply comes to the heart that you don't like meat anymore, it just gets out naturally. No problem if you eat meat, as I see you do it rarely and your mentality is different. It surely is a cleansing phase and cleansing of karma... and that takes energy to clean (your own life force or kundalini and there is much kundalini on the surface that is used to cleanse and it takes your energy) that's why you can feel weak. When you take meat, body is still adjusted to it and it helps you for a short period and it slows the cleansing, but it won't stop it, especially when you meditate. Body is used to the meat, probably less and less and it needs time to adjust to new energy also. Once that's done, it's far better than meat. Body is cleaner. And you must know when you meditate seriously, the cleansing process is faster and heavier. Meditation is the fire for karma, it turns karma to ashes, especially when you are more experienced, when you can exactly see and be aware what is happening in your body, in your system.

I eat no eggs, I do diary and I do about 10 days fasting per month and when I eat, I eat once per day. But of course, I also went through some phase, but then body adjusted itself, but you have to be persistent. No pain no gain. But if you need meat sometimes, eat some meat, and continue with your mentality and that phase will be gone sooner or later.

So you seem to be very much against killing animals for food, can I ask you why you eat dairy though? The dairy industry is the veal industry and I think if you're gonna preach about eating meat it seems strange to support such a cruel industry.

They had performance troupes that would reenact famous battles. Pretty hard to get people to be on the losing side if its for keeps.
Man that would be a real shake up if the gladiator fights were never to the death and were just a show for people. like mediveal times or something

Man that would be a real shake up if the gladiator fights were never to the death and were just a show for people. like mediveal times or something
There were Gladiators with records including dozens of losses. How could that happen if the fights were real.

There were Gladiators with records including dozens of losses. How could that happen if the fights were real.

Man this is funny, just thinking about how we were told the fights were to the death but now it makes more sense now that you brought this up to me about the gladiators who had losses, Im think this was the ancient WWE, staged shows just to entertain the people, nobody was actually dying for real, the people who watched it probably thought it was real death at the time.

the gladiators also all wore masks so Im leaning toward it being fake, it was all scripted and an act.

Man this is funny, just thinking about how we were told the fights were to the death but now it makes more sense now that you brought this up to me about the gladiators who had losses, Im think this was the ancient WWE, staged shows just to entertain the people, nobody was actually dying for real, the people who watched it probably thought it was real death at the time.

the gladiators also all wore masks so Im leaning toward it being fake, it was all scripted and an act.

Yeah, it just makes so little sense to have 50% or more of your employees die every work day. It would have been impossible to sustain. Remember that many arenas operated almost daily. There were deaths of course and you could even be killed for cowardice. But yeah, it was ancient WWE.

I’ll give another example, a close friend that was roughly my build a number of years ago went on the veg band wagon. It’s been 5-6 years.

He lives an athletic lifestyle, he is so frail and sunken in now when I hadn’t seen him in 2 years I almost didn’t recognize him.

And Shamrock might not be the pinicle of health, but he was jacked at one point and had many people training with him and saw and proved to some students first hand how changing your diet to more meat protein changed them physically and increased their performance.

The real problem with vegans is you close minded view of eating meat is bad, when we are genetically geared for it to some degree.

Look at the cultures of the world that don’t eat much meat proteins. They are little people compared to cultures that do.

It’s not a hard concept to grasp.
You're posting alot of anecdotal stories but in the end you don't get anything from meat that you cant get from other sources, that is just a fact , more and more athletes are going vegan and if anything seeing gains in their performance, bulk is not a problem with a proper vegan diet

There are many examples

Tony Gonzales managed ok

dd036b19d61832e2d22ff7197f48f7e0.jpg

david-carter-3.jpg

David Carter former NFL player

Or how about the incredible story of Rich Roll who at 40 was obese and had trouble climbing up a flight of stairs , went vegan and started traing , within two years was doing ultraman competitions ( the final leg of an ultraman is a double marathon Lol)

http://www.richroll.com/finding-ultra/

rich-roll-daughter-3.jpg

So unhealthy.......

Last edited:
So you seem to be very much against killing animals for food, can I ask you why you eat dairy though? The dairy industry is the veal industry and I think if you're gonna preach about eating meat it seems strange to support such a cruel industry.

You are right.

I do very little of it though, maybe once per week (actually even less... when I eat pizza), but yes it's the best to drop it all together.

Last edited:
Gladiators were also fat as fuck because of their diet, which was the main goal and because it was cheap as hell. Gladiators didn't sport low BF percentages and crazy musculature like athletes today. Fat was seen as armor since they didn't really wear much of it.

Yeah, it just makes so little sense to have 50% or more of your employees die every work day. It would have been impossible to sustain. Remember that many arenas operated almost daily. There were deaths of course and you could even be killed for cowardice. But yeah, it was ancient WWE.
yeah Im strongly leaning toward that

The mask too, they wore masks, so people could never tell if that was the same person, they probably just pretend killed the person and then brought out that same person next week as a new character with a different mask.

You're posting alot of anecdotal stories but in the end you don't get anything from meat that you cant get from other sources, that is just a fact , more and more athletes are going vegan and if anything seeing gains in their performance, bulk is not a problem with a proper vegan diet

There are many examples

Tony Gonzales managed ok

dd036b19d61832e2d22ff7197f48f7e0.jpg

david-carter-3.jpg

David Carr former NFL player

Or how about the incredible story of Rich Roll who at 40 was obese and had trouble climbing up a flight of stairs , went vegan and started traing , within two years was doing ultraman competitions ( the final leg of an ultraman is a double marathon Lol)

http://www.richroll.com/finding-ultra/

rich-roll-daughter-3.jpg

So unhealthy.......

That black guy in the middle is not David Carr of the NFL

This is former NFL player David Carr
CAR358385.png

That black guy in the middle is not David Carr of the NFL

This is former NFL player David Carr
CAR358385.png
Correct , my bad , his name is David Carter

Always thought David Carr got a raw deal lol

Back