Surviving in Combat Sports youtube series:

Lol, the lingo changes by region too. You'd have to give me some examples of things you've seen or heard.

more importantly, how about insults?

"that kid couldn't bust a grape"
"that kid couldn't crack an egg"
"he couldn't hit him with a handful of rice"
"he couldn't catch him with a net"
"tomatoe can, cab driver, day jobber, jobber, stepping stone, professional opponent"
"he couldn't kick the shit out of a wet diaper"
"talk about reach- the kid could tie his shoes without bending over"

personally I like how close to an actual fight it is. the desert island scenario is answered: If conor and khabib were on a desert island fighting for the last scrap of food, khabib gets it. (yeah yeah, weapons and rules and all that. but in theory.) the more rules you add, the less certain you are about who would win in a fight instead of a match. we have wrestling matches, boxing matches, muay thai matches, and mma fights.
before mma, most people studied a particular martial art because they believed it to be superior to all others when it came to protecting yourself and kicking ass. MMA has risen to the top and proved to be the best at these things.

I watch boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, and mma. I love working with mma fighters the most. for my own training and competing I always prefered to box. im sort of an anomaly though.
That's what pulled me to the sport originally as well.

you just made me realize, i hate MMA which makes me dislike MMA lol
lol
At the end of the day its a ruleset that allows techniques, methods, tactics to work within its confines. We could even say that MT has gotten its way due to the "rules" in terms of gambling influences

That's what pulled me to the sport originally as well.

lol
At the end of the day its a ruleset that allows techniques, methods, tactics to work within its confines. We could even say that MT has gotten its way due to the "rules" in terms of gambling influences

yes, everyone gambles on every sport anyways, the US govt knows it. everyone gambles on football, boxing, etc. They might as well just legalize it for all sports, and the revenue generated would grow. if we could legally bet on MT it would help the sport, im sure its part of its popularity in thailand without a doubt.

yes, everyone gambles on every sport anyways, the US govt knows it. everyone gambles on football, boxing, etc. They might as well just legalize it for all sports, and the revenue generated would grow. if we could legally bet on MT it would help the sport, im sure its part of its popularity in thailand without a doubt.
Welcome to the most useless organization in the world that is known as the gubbermint. You could lay off 60-70% of the public staff, and no one would notice a difference in their everyday lives

Well, my kid's school would shut down and my lady would be out of a job. So I'd notice.

Oh and she's a health inspector, so anyone who wanted to stay in a hotel without bedbugs, they'd notice too.

First episode shot, should be up tonight depending on editing.

Please go over how negotiations for payouts go. As I mentioned earlier, it seems like Jose Benavidez got ripped off for his fight with Terrance Crawford.

Intro:

Episode 1:

It was just a tiny bit rushed because my kids were running around. And I realize that the financial side of the business is going to need more than one episode. I covered the basics of how it begins, and in the next episode I'm going to elaborate on how things move up from there. Like how preliminary fighting moves upward.

it seems like MMA has taken over the whole world. I dont even watch it aside from the mcgregor fights. I much rather watch muay thai or boxing than MMA. I dont find it very entertaining at all. All the stuff on the ground is just boring to watch. I think the reason its so damn popular here in the US is because all the UFC Bros are behind it and amazed at their small gloves. Plus there is the whole fashion thing behind it. Theres no boxing or MT fashion. MMA is like the Mullet of martial arts. Bros can tell everyone how tough they are because they train UFC. not to hijack your thread but it really bugs me how the whole world has gone MMA.
Mate I could probably understand you from possibly an "entertainment" perspective and its truly bugs me that the latest (and biggest) demographic to start watching MMA are the drunks/Bros, but what i find sweeter was watching Conor mcgregor get beaten into the canvas by "all the stuff on the ground" as you put it and there was not a thing he could do about it. I also have a love/hate relationship with Glory due to the almost complete removal of the clinch, on one hand it makes for a more faster pace in the fight but on the other hand removes something soooo effective in fighting for what i can only see as an "entertainment Reason"
I do love you Youtube channel!!

Mate I could probably understand you from possibly an "entertainment" perspective and its truly bugs me that the latest (and biggest) demographic to start watching MMA are the drunks/Bros, but what i find sweeter was watching Conor mcgregor get beaten into the canvas by "all the stuff on the ground" as you put it and there was not a thing he could do about it. I also have a love/hate relationship with Glory due to the almost complete removal of the clinch, on one hand it makes for a more faster pace in the fight but on the other hand removes something soooo effective in fighting for what i can only see as an "entertainment Reason"
I do love you Youtube channel!!

I agree with you, I dont train BJJ, but I know a bit and understand it, I roll with the guys once in a while for fun but nothing serious, maybe sometimes for about 15 min before I start coaching. So i can see and understand the ground game of MMA. I just am not a fan of the sport or the culture or fans. MMA fighters are "jack of all trades, master of none". Regarding glory I agree with you, but this is Murica and Muricans dont know shit about MT, so the most popular thing is glory kickboxing rather than MT. I can somewhat be on board with them limiting the clinch to keep it active for the fans, I can see where Glory is coming from, but I dont think the elbow should be removed. I think they should allow the elbow, but have it similar in the sense that if the clinch is not active, break it quickly. Having elbows will produce more cuts and blood, which will be great for the just bleed fans. Regarding my channel, thanks dude I am glad you like it.

<{JustBleed}>

Talk about sparring wars in the gym and how people get their wig split.

I have to know, where is your accent from?

Also LOL, someone offered you $6K to fight in parking lot? Was that for a youtube vid ? Also do you have to make a certain number of rounds before they pay you? That is if you actually do start getting beat up. Are you able to just throw in towel right away?

I have to know, where is your accent from?

Also LOL, someone offered you $6K to fight in parking lot? Was that for a youtube vid ? Also do you have to make a certain number of rounds before they pay you? That is if you actually do start getting beat up. Are you able to just throw in towel right away?

I'm from Miami, but man I don't know where my accent is from. I hear so many accents in a week mine is like a blend of phonetics from people I speak to routinely.

The guy offered me a fight as he was leaving the gym, it wasn't to fight IN the parking lot, it was a fight for a show, last-minute. The other stuff I'll cover in the next video, which I'm going to try to do this weekend. The I'll skip a week, and do one for the weekend of the 9th.

How deep do you think boxing is in the States? How popular is amateur boxing tourneys here in terms of participants compared to other combat sports/martial arts? Do boxing gyms make their money from kids classes, women's boxercise classes etc etc?

Great stuff as always. Thanks for taking the time

Episode 2.

so i never knew taking a dive on purpose was a federal offense. What I am wondering, is how do they determine whether a guy does something like that on purpose or not? I mean unless its blatantly obvious, seems it would be hard for them to determine whether guy guy fakes it and refuses to get up or not. Like a guy could just take a good shot to the body and just try and play it off like it was a bad liver shot and not get up. Something you see alot of in muay thai, are guys pretending they got hit in the nuts when they take hard knees to the gut, or inside leg kicks. anyways it just seems to me like it would be something hard to prove unless blatantly obvious and I would think alot of guys probably take fights just to get a paycheck. Not saying they didnt take a hard shot, but just decide not to get up, or use that hard shot as a reason to go down. And how could they prove he faked it, if he did take a hard shot? hope I am making sense.

This is one of the biggest reasons boxing has been against instant - replay.

Back