surviving lightning storm in BOTW

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

I keep getting killed by lightning in BOTW. How do I survive?

Don't wear metallic armor (head, body or pants) or wield any metallic weapons (bow, sword/melee, or shield, arrows do not count, ancient weapons and armor do not count as metal). Also stay away from metal, including dropped weapons and chests, anything magnetized counts as metal. Conversely you can use electricity's attraction to metal to your advantage to hurt or kill enemies (experiment), this includes metallic weapons, boxes, etc., and this means electric attacks and lightning. Also make note of what happens when you destroy elemental ChuChus/blobs, and their byproducts.

There are food and potion items you can make that give you degrees of electric immunity (three bolts is maximum), check the item descriptions or names (Voltfin Trout for instance, Voltfruit, Zapshrooms, Electric Safflina, etc.). Combining a bunch of these electric immunity items or making unique dishes or potions with them will give you food or potions that focus the special immunity or enhancement properties. Part of the magic of the game is exploration so I don't want to flat out say where you usually get these items, but one is an area where electric enemies are most common. At a point in the game you will get an ability that lets you track items, enemies, and weapons that you will need, as long as you log their info so to speak (again I don't want to give too much away).

There's a set of clothing where each piece gives you a degree of electricity protection and the full set gives you full immunity to all electricity. There's also a single item that gives you full immunity, but I don't want to say too much about it given it spoils some things.

Note that when zapped you will drop a weapon/shield or two, you don't want to lose any rare/good weapons/shields.

Back